It is Haram to declare somebody a "Kafir" who says "Assalam-o-Alaikum"

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In Pakistan, calling another Muslim a 'Kafir' (an infidel) sells really well and is as easy as buying an over-the-counter drug. Not only is it a lucrative affair, but ensures power and dominance too. Now that there is a hardly any Muslim left in this country with a 96 percent Muslim population that has not been labelled a 'Kafir' with several Fatwas (decrees) issued by sects against each other declaring the followers of others infidels, this unbridled sectarian hate-mongering will push Pakistan to the point where Muslims will be at each other's throats.

It is a very serious matter to declare somebody "Kafir". Takfir or the condemnation of a Muslim by another Muslim as a Kafir is strictly prohibited in the Quran, the Hadith:

(Qur'an 4:94) يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا ضَرَبْتُمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَتَبَيَّنُوا وَلَا تَقُولُوا لِمَنْ أَلْقَىٰ إِلَيْكُمُ السَّلَامَ لَسْتَ مُؤْمِنًا تَبْتَغُونَ عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا فَعِندَ اللَّهِ مَغَانِمُ كَثِيرَةٌ ۚ كَذَ‌ٰلِكَ كُنتُم مِّن قَبْلُ فَمَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَيْكُمْ فَتَبَيَّنُوا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا​
O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art none of a believer!" Coveting the perishable goods of this life: with Allah are profits and spoils abundant. Even thus were ye yourselves before, till Allah conferred on you His favours: Therefore carefully investigate. For Allah is well aware of all that ye do.
اے ایمان والو! جب الله کی راہ میں سفر کرو تو تحقیق کر لیا کرو اور جو تم پر سلام کہے اس کو مت کہو کہ مسلمان نہیں ہے تم دنیا کی زندگی کا سامان چاہتے ہو سو الله کے ہاں بہت غنیمتیں ہیں تم بھی تو اس سے پہلے ایسے ہی تھے پھر الله نے تم پر احسان کیا لہذا تحقیق سے کام لیا کرو بے شک الله تمہارے کاموں سے باخبر ہے

Declaring somebody a "Kafir" is a very serious matter. If the other person is not Kafir than you are surely "Kafir" as per following Hadeeth:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If a man says to his brother, O kafir (disbeliever)!' Then surely one of them is such (i.e., a Kifir). " (Sahih Bukhari; Book #73, Hadith #125)

Whoever accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief), then it is as if he killed him:

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: (who was one of the companions who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet underneath the tree (Al-Hudaibiya)) Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever swears by a religion other than Islam (i.e. if somebody swears by saying that he is a non-Muslim e.g., a Jew or a Christian, etc.) in case he is telling a lie, he is really so if his oath is false, and a person is not bound to fulfill a vow about a thing which he does not possess. And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection; And if somebody curses a believer, then his sin will be as if he murdered him; And whoever accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief), then it is as if he killed him." (Sahih Bukhari; Book #73, Hadith #73)

It is not allowed to kill somebody even during war if he recite Kalima, (لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱللَّٰهِ):
ہمیں رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے قبیلہ حرقہ کی طرف بھیجا۔ ہم نے صبح کے وقت ان پر حملہ کیا اور انہیں شکست دے دی ‘ پھر میں اور ایک اور انصاری صحابی اس قبیلہ کے ایک شخص ( مرداس بن عمر نامی ) سے بھڑ گئے۔ جب ہم نے اس پر غلبہ پا لیا تو وہ لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے لگا۔ انصاری تو فوراً ہی رک گیا لیکن میں نے اسے اپنے برچھے سے قتل کر دیا۔ جب ہم لوٹے تو نبی کریم صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کو بھی اس کی خبر ہوئی۔ آپ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے دریافت فرمایا کہ اسامہ کیا اس کے لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے کے باوجود تم نے اسے قتل کر دیا؟ میں نے عرض کیا کہ وہ قتل سے بچنا چاہتا تھا ( اس نے یہ کلمہ دل سے نہیں پڑھا تھا ) ۔ اس پر آپ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم باربار یہی فرماتے رہے ( کیا تم نے اس کے لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے پر بھی اسے قتل کر دیا ) کہ میرے دل میں یہ آرزو پیدا ہوئی کہ کاش میں آج سے پہلے اسلام نہ لاتا۔ (Sahih Bukhari - 4269 (islam360)

Narrated Usama bin Zaid: Allah's Apostle sent us towards Al-Huruqa, and in the morning we attacked them and defeated them. I and an Ansari man followed a man from among them and when we took him over, he said, "La ilaha illal-Lah." On hearing that, the Ansari man stopped, but I killed him by stabbing him with my spear. When we returned, the Prophet came to know about that and he said, "O Usama! Did you kill him after he had said "La ilaha ilal-Lah?" I said, "But he said so only to save himself." The Prophet kept on repeating that so often that i wished i had not embraced Islam before that day. (Sahih Bukhari: Book #59, Hadith #568)

عمرو بن حارث نے یزید بن ابی حبیب سے ، انہوں نے ابوخیر سے روایت کی اور انہوں نے حضرت عبداللہ بن عمرو بن عاص ‌رضی ‌اللہ ‌عنہما ‌ ‌ سے سنا ، وہ فرما رہے تھے : ایک آدمی نے رسول اللہﷺ سے پوچھا : مسلمانوں میں سے بہتر کون ہے ؟ آپ نے فرمایا : ’’ جس کی زبان اور ہاتھ سے دیگر مسلمان امن میں ہوں - Sahih Muslim - 161 (Islam360)

Be kind to other Muslim brothers:
'Abdullah b. Amr b. al-As is reported to have said: Verily a person asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) who amongst the Muslims was better. Upon this (the Holy Prophet) remarked: From whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe. (Sahih Muslim; Book #001, Hadith #0064)

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

Please stop posting idiotic irrelevant topics on pk siasat.
I am posting a verse of Qur'an which prohibits to declare somebody "Kafir" if he says "Assalam-o-Alaikum" (‏اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُم) to you and you are saying it is "Idiotic"? I have posted this thread under "Islamic Corner" provided by the Forum Management. If you do not like Islamic threads than just ignore it.

(Qur'an 4:94) يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا ضَرَبْتُمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَتَبَيَّنُوا وَلَا تَقُولُوا لِمَنْ أَلْقَىٰ إِلَيْكُمُ السَّلَامَ لَسْتَ مُؤْمِنًا تَبْتَغُونَ عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا فَعِندَ اللَّهِ مَغَانِمُ كَثِيرَةٌ ۚ كَذَ‌ٰلِكَ كُنتُم مِّن قَبْلُ فَمَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَيْكُمْ فَتَبَيَّنُوا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرًا​
O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art none of a believer!" Coveting the perishable goods of this life: with Allah are profits and spoils abundant. Even thus were ye yourselves before, till Allah conferred on you His favours: Therefore carefully investigate. For Allah is well aware of all that ye do.
اے ایمان والو! جب الله کی راہ میں سفر کرو تو تحقیق کر لیا کرو اور جو تم پر سلام کہے اس کو مت کہو کہ مسلمان نہیں ہے تم دنیا کی زندگی کا سامان چاہتے ہو سو الله کے ہاں بہت غنیمتیں ہیں تم بھی تو اس سے پہلے ایسے ہی تھے پھر الله نے تم پر احسان کیا لہذا تحقیق سے کام لیا کرو بے شک الله تمہارے کاموں سے باخبر ہے​

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)
حضرت انس بن مالک رضی اللہ عنھا سے روایت ہے کہ رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے فرمایا، جس نے ہماری طرح نماز پڑھی اور ہماری طرح قبلہ کی طرف منہ کیا اور ہمارے ذبیحہ کو کھایا تو وہ مسلمان ہے جس کے لیے اللہ اور اس کے رسول کی پناہ ہے - پس تم اللہ کے ساتھ اس کی دی ہوئی پناہ میں خیانت نہ کرو -
( بخاری کتابِ نماز باب قبلہ کیطرف منہ کرنے کی فضیلت - حدیث نمبر 391 )

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
A member "Karachiwala" is calling Engineer Ali Mirza "Jahanami" (جہنمی). Post#66
Mr Karachiwala with all due respect is an idiot, I've asked him every time he has posted what is it you disagree with but all he does is shitposts and runs away. Most probably a mureed of some baba who is now upset at being shown the mirror.

One has to understand its not easy for people to handle such ground shaking information, something you have believed in all your life you are suddenly told it really is all a lie. Imagine the scene from The Matrix when Neo is told the truth and asked to choose a pill. Not everybody has the capacity to choose the right pill and rather take the other pill and go back to the way it always has been.

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
جنت کی سیٹیں کسی کے نزدیک محدوو ہوں ، تووہ ہر کسی میں اور ہر جگہ کفر ڈھونڈتا ہے۔

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
In Pakistan, calling another Muslim a 'Kafir' (an infidel) sells really well and is as easy as buying an over-the-counter drug. Not only is it a lucrative affair, but ensures power and dominance too. Now that there is a hardly any Muslim left in this country with a 96 percent Muslim population that has not been labelled a 'Kafir' with several Fatwas (decrees) issued by sects against each other declaring the followers of others infidels, this unbridled sectarian hate-mongering will push Pakistan to the point where Muslims will be at each other's throats.

It is a very serious matter to declare somebody "Kafir". Takfir or the condemnation of a Muslim by another Muslim as a Kafir is strictly prohibited in the Quran, the Hadith:

اے ایمان والو! جب الله کی راہ میں سفر کرو تو تحقیق کر لیا کرو اور جو تم پر سلام کہے اس کو مت کہو کہ مسلمان نہیں ہے تم دنیا کی زندگی کا سامان چاہتے ہو سو الله کے ہاں بہت غنیمتیں ہیں تم بھی تو اس سے پہلے ایسے ہی تھے پھر الله نے تم پر احسان کیا لہذا تحقیق سے کام لیا کرو بے شک الله تمہارے کاموں سے باخبر ہے

Declaring somebody a "Kafir" is a very serious matter. If the other person is not Kafir than you are surely "Kafir" as per following Hadeeth:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If a man says to his brother, O kafir (disbeliever)!' Then surely one of them is such (i.e., a Kifir). " (Sahih Bukhari; Book #73, Hadith #125)

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak: (who was one of the companions who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet underneath the tree (Al-Hudaibiya)) Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever swears by a religion other than Islam (i.e. if somebody swears by saying that he is a non-Muslim e.g., a Jew or a Christian, etc.) in case he is telling a lie, he is really so if his oath is false, and a person is not bound to fulfill a vow about a thing which he does not possess. And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection; And if somebody curses a believer, then his sin will be as if he murdered him; And whoever accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief), then it is as if he killed him." (Sahih Bukhari; Book #73, Hadith #73)

It is not allowed to kill somebody even during war if he recite Kalima, (لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱللَّٰهِ):
ہمیں رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے قبیلہ حرقہ کی طرف بھیجا۔ ہم نے صبح کے وقت ان پر حملہ کیا اور انہیں شکست دے دی ‘ پھر میں اور ایک اور انصاری صحابی اس قبیلہ کے ایک شخص ( مرداس بن عمر نامی ) سے بھڑ گئے۔ جب ہم نے اس پر غلبہ پا لیا تو وہ لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے لگا۔ انصاری تو فوراً ہی رک گیا لیکن میں نے اسے اپنے برچھے سے قتل کر دیا۔ جب ہم لوٹے تو نبی کریم صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کو بھی اس کی خبر ہوئی۔ آپ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے دریافت فرمایا کہ اسامہ کیا اس کے لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے کے باوجود تم نے اسے قتل کر دیا؟ میں نے عرض کیا کہ وہ قتل سے بچنا چاہتا تھا ( اس نے یہ کلمہ دل سے نہیں پڑھا تھا ) ۔ اس پر آپ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم باربار یہی فرماتے رہے ( کیا تم نے اس کے لا الہٰ الا اللہ کہنے پر بھی اسے قتل کر دیا ) کہ میرے دل میں یہ آرزو پیدا ہوئی کہ کاش میں آج سے پہلے اسلام نہ لاتا۔ (Sahih Bukhari - 4269 (islam360)

Narrated Usama bin Zaid: Allah's Apostle sent us towards Al-Huruqa, and in the morning we attacked them and defeated them. I and an Ansari man followed a man from among them and when we took him over, he said, "La ilaha illal-Lah." On hearing that, the Ansari man stopped, but I killed him by stabbing him with my spear. When we returned, the Prophet came to know about that and he said, "O Usama! Did you kill him after he had said "La ilaha ilal-Lah?" I said, "But he said so only to save himself." The Prophet kept on repeating that so often that i wished i had not embraced Islam before that day. (Sahih Bukhari: Book #59, Hadith #568)

عمرو بن حارث نے یزید بن ابی حبیب سے ، انہوں نے ابوخیر سے روایت کی اور انہوں نے حضرت عبداللہ بن عمرو بن عاص ‌رضی ‌اللہ ‌عنہما ‌ ‌ سے سنا ، وہ فرما رہے تھے : ایک آدمی نے رسول اللہﷺ سے پوچھا : مسلمانوں میں سے بہتر کون ہے ؟ آپ نے فرمایا : ’’ جس کی زبان اور ہاتھ سے دیگر مسلمان امن میں ہوں - Sahih Muslim - 161 (Islam360)

'Abdullah b. Amr b. al-As is reported to have said: Verily a person asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) who amongst the Muslims was better. Upon this (the Holy Prophet) remarked: From whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe. (Sahih Muslim; Book #001, Hadith #0064)
You cannot judge a person's religion only because he said Assalaam o Alaikum to you? and Like Quran says, pehlay tehqeeq karlo before you say .
At X-mass, I say Merry Xmass to all my christian friends so does it make me a christian? No.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
حضرت انس بن مالک رضی اللہ عنھا سے روایت ہے کہ رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے فرمایا، جس نے ہماری طرح نماز پڑھی اور ہماری طرح قبلہ کی طرف منہ کیا اور ہمارے ذبیحہ کو کھایا تو وہ مسلمان ہے جس کے لیے اللہ اور اس کے رسول کی پناہ ہے - پس تم اللہ کے ساتھ اس کی دی ہوئی پناہ میں خیانت نہ کرو -
( بخاری کتابِ نماز باب قبلہ کیطرف منہ کرنے کی فضیلت - حدیث نمبر 391 )
And how did the Prophet s.a.w react in regards to Musaylimah the false prophet

Nu’aym ibn Mas’ud reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, speaking to those who were reading the letter of the false prophet Musaylimah the Liar, saying, “What do you both say?” They said, “We say what he said.” The Prophet said, “By Allah, were it not that diplomats are not killed, I would strike both of your necks.
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 2761
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

And the letter he sent back to him

"From Muhammad, the Messenger of God, to Musaylimah, the arch-liar. Peace be upon him who follows (God's) guidance. Now then, surely the earth belongs to God, who bequeaths it to whom He will amongst his servants. The ultimate issue is to the God-fearing."

I'm pretty sure if the Prophet s.a.w was among us today he would say the same about Ghulam Ahmed Mirza

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
I have been called Qadiyani (non Muslim) and Jew by few members already and in only like 3 days old in this forum. Lol

What about Qadiyani are they Muslims or not?
Pakistan declares them as non Muslims because they say there leader is last Prophet?

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)

Nu’aym ibn Mas’ud reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, speaking to those who were reading the letter of the false prophet Musaylimah the Liar, saying, “What do you both say?” They said, “We say what he said.” The Prophet said, “By Allah, were it not that diplomats are not killed, I would strike both of your necks.

"From Muhammad, the Messenger of God, to Musaylimah, the arch-liar. Peace be upon him who follows (God's) guidance. Now then, surely the earth belongs to God, who bequeaths it to whom He will amongst his servants. The ultimate issue is to the God-fearing."

I'm pretty sure if the Prophet s.a.w was among us today he would say the same about Ghulam Ahmed Mirza

jo jis baat per yaqeen rakhta hai wo kerta jaye , yehan ek thread bana maine us per ek hadees quote kerdi. jiski marzi maane jiski marzi na maane. Musleema per ya aur kisi mozu per agar koi behas kerni huwi tau skype wegera per aa ker krelo nahi tau na sahi. LAKUM DEENUKUM WALIYYA DEEN

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
jo jis baat per yaqeen rakhta hai wo kerta jaye , yehan ek thread bana maine us per ek hadees quote kerdi. jiski marzi maane jiski marzi na maane. Musleema per ya aur kisi mozu per agar koi behas kerni huwi tau skype wegera per aa ker krelo nahi tau na sahi. LAKUM DEENUKUM WALIYYA DEEN
Why don’t you search what he’s saying and learn about the incident he mentioned rather than disagreeing with him without knowing that incident.

Tamerlane

MPA (400+ posts)
You called me Qadiyani( non Muslim) and Jew, you could benefit from this thread!
Really? How? Genius? The brilliant topic of kafir? Hmmm.. Have YOU seen the recent photographs of Mars Rover? Do you think is the Red planet habitable ?

What happened to the people of Mars? Was there a nuclear annihilation?

ts_rana

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why don’t you search what he’s saying and learn about the incident he mentioned rather than disagreeing with him without knowing that incident.

نہ ہی میں نے ڈس ایگری کیا ہے اور نہ ہی ایگری کیا ہے ہاں میں نے یہ کہا ہے کہ اگر کسی بھی موضوع پر بحث کرنی ہے تو آن لائن سکائپ پر یا اسی طرح کے کسی اور میڈیم پر بات ہوسکتی ہے۔ اتنی زیادہ ٹائپنگ مشکل کام ہے ۔ باقی کوئی کسی کو کافر سمجھتا ہے یا مسلمان یہ اسکا اپنا فعل ہے اور اسکا جواب اس نے آگے جا کر دینا ہے ۔

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
A member "Karachiwala" is calling Engineer Ali Mirza "Jahanami" (جہنمی). Post#66
if you are trying to change my mind with your usual unnecessary long posts then you are mistaken for sure.
based on your assumption qadyanis also cannot be called kafir that means Muslims of whole world are wrong and you are right?
think about it only Muslims left is that jhannammi jehlami and you lot? and since he has not even spared Sahaba is he better than the Sahaba?

Pakistani1947

You are right! Absolutely, because he was getting revelations from Allah. But today, nobody can claims what's in your heart: