IS this the Best Drama serial of our time? Takes me back to the 70's ...Pyare Afzal

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
Someone suggested to me to watch this Drama "Pyare Afzal", I never realised I will fall in love with the srcript so much that I'll be waiting for the next episode for a week.
If you are like me who grew up in the 70's, reading "Adab Arz" and "Sub Rang Digest". This drama provides so much entertainment and reality , something I could only expereince when reading love stories in a book.
I am over fifty years old, yet never felt like this for a long time.
So my question to fellow forum goers, do you feel the same and do you think this is the best Drama serial that we had in a couple of decades?

ziakhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Yes it is but there were also some very best dramas in last 5 years.
'Teri zaat zarra-e- bay nishaan'
'Qaid -e tanhai'

Rafay470

MPA (400+ posts)
For me...
Andhaira Ujaala,, Tanhaiyaan, specially waris & Jangloos were amazing drama serials

I've been watching Tanhaiyaan, Unkahi, Uncle Urfi, Aangan Tehrah, choti se dunya and some other forever green dramas on youtube recently. Here I want to ask you all on this thread that once a long play was played in Comedy Theatre on PTV called "FULL HOUSE" or "House Full" I dont remember its name exactly now, but the lead cast was Jamil Bismil, Sohail Asghar, Rohi khan, n others, I have been trying to find it online but invain. Can anyone please give link to that drama!!

Last edited:

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Meri Zaat Zarra e Benishan.. I will rate this drama as one of the best drama in the history of Pakistan Television.

DNICE1

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Like you, I have also fallen I love with this drama, absolutely love the dialogues, haven't heard such beautiful spoken Urdu for a long time now, simply awesome!

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sarmad Sultan Khosat ???

I think he directed Shehr e Zaat which was also good and written by Umera Ahmed.
Meri Zaat Z B was produced by Humayun saeed and directed by Babar Javed. Both dramas were based on hit novels by same author.

Khuram Shehzad Jafri

Minister (2k+ posts)
ہم سفر ، میری ذات ذرا بےنشاں ، زندگی گلزار ہے ، داستان
کافی اچھے ڈرامے لگے مجے پیچلے کچھ عرصے میں جو دیکھے

اس سے پھیلے پی ٹی وی پر تو کمال تھا ہر ڈرامہ ہی
دھواں ، الفا بریوو چارلی سے لے کر غرور تک ایک نہ ختم ہونے والی لسٹ ہے بہترین ڈراموں کی

Pakistan1992

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ہم سفر ، میری ذات ذرا بےنشاں ، زندگی گلزار ہے ، داستان کافی اچھے ڈرامے لگے مجے پیچلے کچھ عرصے میں جو دیکھے اس سے پھیلے پی ٹی وی پر تو کمال تھا ہر ڈرامہ ہی دھواں ، الفا بریوو چارلی سے لے کر غرور تک ایک نہ ختم ہونے والی لسٹ ہے بہترین ڈراموں کی
Alpha bravo charlie best drama in history of Pakistan dastaan bhi bhut acha tha

Khuram Shehzad Jafri

Minister (2k+ posts)
Alpha bravo charlie best drama in history of Pakistan dastaan bhi bhut acha tha

الفا بریوو چارلی ، واقعے ایک بیسٹ پروڈکشن تھی ای ایس پی ار کی شعیب منصور کے ساتھ ، پتا نہیں انہوں نے اب چھوڑ کیوں دیا جب کے اس وقت زائدہ ضرورت ہے ایسے ڈراموں کی تا کے لوگوں کو اپنی فوج کی محنت کا پتا لگے

اور داستان دیکھ کر میں نے اندازہ لگا لیا تھا یہ فواد افضل خان بہت آگے جائے گا ، بہت زبردست ایکٹنگ ہے اس کی

jagga9

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
to in sabhi main GEO ne kia kamal kia hai ?????

GEO ne aisa kia kiya hai . jis ki wajha se wo khud ko top ka samajhty hain>??

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes it is but there were also some very best dramas in last 5 years.
'Teri zaat zarra-e- bay nishaan'
'Qaid -e tanhai'

Dramas written by Umera Ahmed are going best now adays.
I watched : Mohabbat Subh ka sitara hai and i liked that..

Meri Zaat Zarra e Benishan.. I will rate this drama as one of the best drama in the history of Pakistan Television.

Thanks for the suggestions - Finished watching 'Meri zaat zarra e be nishan' a few days ago and I was so so impressed. All of a sudden I want to see Pakistani drama serials rather than the US/UK TV serials. Watched the 1st episode of 'House of Cards' (Kevin Spacey) before starting to watch 'Meri zaat zarra e be nishan' but don't think I'll be watching it any time soon.

Good to know that the Pakistani drama serials are back to where they were best - the PTV and STN time period.

A big salute to Umera Ahmad and writers like her - Their writing focus on the relationship between Allah SWT and man.

emmie

Banned
very nice dram but they've dragged it long now....25 episodes and counting..... I think they should have concluded it in 15 episodes

klosedstreet

Councller (250+ posts)
Its such unrealistic drama. If you watch other dramas written by Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar, you wouldn't see the difference. He is just repeating himself from day one (Boota From Toba Take Sing, Chandpur ka Chandu, Landa Bazar, Main mar gai shokat Ali, Bunty I love you, etc). The whole emphasis is on dialogue and trying hard to give an extreme the situations. If you watch 2/3 episodes in row you will realize this.

One of the poster in above post mentioned Umera Ahmed. I agree with him. Umera is currently best writer as she always convey the message in her dramas. Kankar, Lahasil, Dur-e-shahwar, Muahabt Subah ka sitara hai, etc are best dramas. I would also rate Rihai as it also empower woman. If you look at "kisay apna kahein" and Maha malik's "meray mehrban" these are also great.

If you ask me, if there is no message, no lesson, then its useless entertainment.