Is Iran really whhat it says it is?

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
Frnz! I know it is goin 2 b hard 4 u 2 take but I have a question. I just saw a thread made by my brother Gazoomartin and I thought that y people love Iran?
I agree that Iran has a grass-root level of leadership in the highest ranks but I still feel that y not anything happen 2 Iran?
I mean they do what they want. They give threatening statements against Israel, America.
They do whatever they feel likely 2 do but nobody is strong enough 2 do anything against them.
Saddam gets killed and Iraq gets invaded if he sells weapons 2 sum1.
Afghanistan turned in2 Tora Bora
Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and all the other monsters of Muslim world with all their might are unable 2 say a word against Israel or US and their policies but Iran with no real backup on military ground stands fast against every move made by US and Israel and they r unable 2 stop Iran.

Y is Iran so sacred?

I have started 2 feel that all the powers are with Iran. Iran is being put 4wd as the leader of Muslim world and fulfilling the Zionist agenda, that is ov weakening the Saudi Arabia and the Arab world.

Fr that u also have 2 look at it that the Americans are sitting in Saudi Arabia just on grounds that American troops will save Saudi Arabia from any possible threats from Iran and Iran has never withdrew its claim that it can attack Saudi Arabia.

Brotherz and Sisterz! These r just the questions that rise in my mind. I m not sure about what it is? and that is y I have put 4wd this question in front ov all my frnz on this forum so that this thing gets cleared in ma mind. This thread is not made 2 hurt any1.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
I think you are reading too much into it.

Iran does have a very strong military comparable to pakistan and turkey. One thing you have to understand is that iran has been laying very low for the past decade after its war with iraq and the arab world.And it has done this very well,staying under the radar.It was made even easier for them after 9/11. They have huge friends like russia ,china , india and pakistan.
No country on earth risks direct conflict with out a solid reason or without backing of the UN. In order to capture and hold a territory you need local support on ground and lots of it. That is why you saw they americans loose in vietnam and that is why they are loosing today.This is precisely why operation Gibraltar did not show any positive results. The US is in no shape shape to open up another front ,they simply do not have the man power or the money. Israel also does not have the man power to hold iran by force but they can bomb nuclear installations and enrichment sites in order to achieve their objectives. Iran is along way from making a nuclear weapon right now ,the deal gazo was talking about was of iran recieving enriched uranium rods to about 10 percent if i am not wrong. What the UN and the west hope to achieve by this is to monitor or stop irans enrichment process ie they might not be able to build centrifuges that enrich more than the amount needed to generate electricty. They will be provided with the fuel to produce electricity right away so they will have no need to have highly enriched unranium.

Some times people read too much into the propaganda and think about the conspiracies instead of reading the picture as it is. Let me say this again Iran is no way near to making a nuke other wise you would see a much tougher stance from US,UN, EU and most of all israel.

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
@alihbkable.

You have not had enough sleep. If the Saudis have given you money to do this or if its out of your blind love for the bayghairat Shayateen traitor rulers of Saudi Arabia, then you need to do some soul searching.

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
dukelondon said:
@alihbkable.

You have not had enough sleep. If the Saudis have given you money to do this or if its out of your blind love for the bayghairat Shayateen traitor rulers of Saudi Arabia, then you need to do some soul searching.

Yar I wish mjhe Saudis paise dey dein. Mai boht ghareeb admi hun bhai. Saudi kings se jitna aap nafrat krte ho vo uska ashr-e-asheer bhe ni hai jo mai krta hun. I joined a procession against Saudis in Lahore, when Nawaz was sent back 2 Saudia on 10th September, 2007 whereas he was not my leader. Aap naey aaey ho yahan is liye meri purani posts nae parh sake.
I m also ov the view that they belong to the "satanist ruling elite" ov the world but Iran mei he kiun bhai? Y not any other country? wahan jja k sub k per q jal jatay hain? Thats what my question was. Furry was a bit nearer 2 solve my problem but aap tou ghusse mei a k bilkul he.............

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
furry87 said:

Iran does have a very strong military comparable to pakistan and turkey. One thing you have to understand is that iran has been laying very low for the past decade after its war with iraq and the arab world.And it has done this very well,staying under the radar.It was made even easier for them after 9/11. They have huge friends like russia ,china , india and pakistan.
No country on earth risks direct conflict with out a solid reason or without backing of the UN. In order to capture and hold a territory you need local support on ground and lots of it. That is why you saw they americans loose in vietnam and that is why they are loosing today.This is precisely why operation Gibraltar did not show any positive results. The US is in no shape shape to open up another front ,they simply do not have the man power or the money. Israel also does not have the man power to hold iran by force but they can bomb nuclear installations and enrichment sites in order to achieve their objectives. Iran is along way from making a nuclear weapon right now ,the deal gazo was talking about was of iran recieving enriched uranium rods to about 10 percent if i am not wrong. What the UN and the west hope to achieve by this is to monitor or stop irans enrichment process ie they might not be able to build centrifuges that enrich more than the amount needed to generate electricty. They will be provided with the fuel to produce electricity right away so they will have no need to have highly enriched unranium.

Some times people read too much into the propaganda and think about the conspiracies instead of reading the picture as it is. Let me say this again Iran is no way near to making a nuke other wise you would see a much tougher stance from US,UN, EU and most of all israel.

Thanx bro! it wz a good post. U said that i have been reading 2 much. No dude! Actually I was not able 2 read much. Thats y I wz asking 4 help. Afriend ov mine raised this question and that wz disturbing me.

He was an extremist Islamist and was ov the view that Iran will never b touched bcuz it is fulfilling their agenda by sitting here in Mid-East. He said that to fulfill the agenda ov Zion, it is necessary to keep a Shia state in this region. I never was ov the view that Shias are like that and I myself feel sympathy 2wards Shiite sect and that was the reason that his words were playing on my mind.

But my question still stands. Y r they w8ing for Iran 2 achieve what it wants? y r they not stopping them here?
Iran recently shifted its foreign currency dealings into Euro from Dollar. The Zionist agenda is 2 bring 4wd Europe now after America's downfall.
My friendd also showed me a pic ov Ahmadi Nejaad and Ahmadi was showing the "symbol ov Satan". My mind is not getting cleared.
If u have more info then I'll b glad. I really want 2 know what is the role ov Iran in the gr8 game.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
alihbkable said:
dukelondon said:
@alihbkable.

Yar I wish mjhe Saudis paise dey dein. Mai boht ghareeb admi hun bhai. Saudi kings se jitna aap nafrat krte ho vo uska ashr-e-asheer bhe ni hai jo mai krta hun. I joined a procession against Saudis in Lahore, when Nawaz was sent back 2 Saudia on 10th September, 2007 whereas he was not my leader. Aap naey aaey ho yahan is liye meri purani posts nae parh sake.
I m also ov the view that they belong to the "satanist ruling elite" ov the world but Iran mei he kiun bhai? Y not any other country? wahan jja k sub k per q jal jatay hain? Thats what my question was. Furry was a bit nearer 2 solve my problem but aap tou ghusse mei a k bilkul he.............

Alihbkable

As one of our friend Furry has rightly mentioned that indeed youre trying to read too much with that statement of one of your detractors. Not far away from US youre might be aware of Latin American states such as Cuba, Honduras, Venezuela and many others have defied the Americans for decades now and adopted the defunct communist ideology on the basis of which they are running their respective states. Same is true with North Korea, Syria and Iran to whom the notorious butcher Bush Jr termed them as the axis of evil and reiterated his resolve to deal them heavy handed during this presidential tenure. Have we seen any military campaigns against all of those antagonists of US the answer would be a resounding no.

The fact of the matter is Americans are badly stretched in Iraq & Afghanistan and therefore cant extend the military conflict in other regions of the world where they have intentions to subdue their foes. Without enforcing the stability in those countries and restoring complete peace Americans cant even think of opening an another front as their own military strategists are facing the humiliation and embarrassment to counter the resistance movements in those occupied territories of Iraq & Afghanistan. So you have to put this scenario in perspective and then you will be able to realise that why Americans & their complicit allies are not taking extreme action against Iranian regime.

As far as the collusion of Iranian regime and the West is concerned I think factually its incorrect since the Iranian support for resistance groups in Palestine & Lebanon and developing the nuclear capabilities is very much antagonising for the fascist Western regimes. Many of those internal unrest and killings of their military, scientist and intelligence personnel in the recent past have shown the level of Americans frustrations to destabilise Iran through their covert operations and support for those elements which are against the revolutionary vanguards of that state. The fact of the matter is the Wahabi extremist forces of the Arabian Peninsula cant tolerate the presence of a stable Shiiate regime as well in this region and being the collaborators of the Americans and the West this propaganda of American hidden support for Iranians is a wide spread phenomena in the Sunni dominate Muslim world which have the elements of historical animosity and conflict between these two factions of Islam which have the political and religious warps as well.

hans

Banned
Its interesting to read this post, it only shows how scared KSA is. Do any one remember the word al-Hejaz? that is what KSA was called before these Royal good for nothing took it from the Truks.

KSA technical means land of the Sauds, Saud are not a nation but a family from Najd, who kindled with the British and made sure to kill every defeated Turk soldier did not left the Holy land on his foot... !!!! In fact most dead bodies rotted never got buried.

Getting my point.. if KSA beginning was like this then why blame the Israel or the west.

KSA is in fact the only country who is currently sponsoring the current wave of Terrorism. Do I need to go further in detail.

Did they not supported Saddam in the holy war against Iran?

Did they not leve poor Bastard Saddam cold in his feet, when the West told them to do so?

I am not relating to some ancient history, its some thing that is apparently in progression in our own life times.

such bolo

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
dukelondon said:
@alihbkable.

dukelondon I know you are supporter of those who set ablaze the shops in Karachi on Ashore Day....

1) Saudi Arabia is one of the greatest friend of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia has always helped Paksitan in our difficult days...
2) there are more than 500,000 paksitan working in saudi arabia.. and I am personally evident that Paksitanis are getting a large share of suadi economy and benefitting Paksitan....
3) Also we have Makkah and Madinah there....
4) Also Saudia is the only country where they have managed to keep the original Islam intact...
5) They are propogating the Tauheed in a manner whereas no country has done so...
6) Moreover...100s of Islamic centers around the world are being run by saudi government too...
7) Suadia is the only country who has printed millions of copies of Quran kareem in different language and distributed them around the world...this all is done through state finance.
8) Saudis are serving millions of muslims on Huj and Umrah and no one can raise fingures on them or object on their sincerity in this regard.

Although saudi rulers have not done any thing for palestine so the Iran and other countries too....

Iran is a great danger for Muslim Ummah....in Past Iran has never supported Pakistan on kashmir issue nor Iran has ever supported Afghan Jihad...

If Muslim ummah want to be united and progress then Iran has to be controlled...

As far as Saudi rulers friends ship with America is conerened...I am fully agreed that Muslim rulers should get themselves apart from American friendship.. including Pakistan etc.

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
such bolo said:
dukelondon said:
@alihbkable.

dukelondon I know you are supporter of those who set ablaze the shops in Karachi on Ashore Day....

1) Saudi Arabia is one of the greatest friend of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia has always helped Paksitan in our difficult days...
2) there are more than 500,000 paksitan working in saudi arabia.. and I am personally evident that Paksitanis are getting a large share of suadi economy and benefitting Paksitan....
3) Also we have Makkah and Madinah there....
4) Also Saudia is the only country where they have managed to keep the original Islam intact...
5) They are propogating the Tauheed in a manner whereas no country has done so...
6) Moreover...100s of Islamic centers around the world are being run by saudi government too...
7) Suadia is the only country who has printed millions of copies of Quran kareem in different language and distributed them around the world...this all is done through state finance.
8) Saudis are serving millions of muslims on Huj and Umrah and no one can raise fingures on them or object on their sincerity in this regard.

Although saudi rulers have not done any thing for palestine so the Iran and other countries too....

Iran is a great danger for Muslim Ummah....in Past Iran has never supported Pakistan on kashmir issue nor Iran has ever supported Afghan Jihad...

If Muslim ummah want to be united and progress then Iran has to be controlled...

As far as Saudi rulers friends ship with America is conerened...I am fully agreed that Muslim rulers should get themselves apart from American friendship.. including Pakistan etc.

Thnx 4 supporting me dude but it isnt what I meant. When I say something against Iran, it doesnt mean that I m supporting Saudis. I just wanted 2 get a few replies 4m my frnz on this forum so that my mind gets cleared.

Saudis might b doin some gr8 thingz but I disrespect the rulers ov the Saudi Arabia 4 not supporting Palestine the way they should have supported it.

Hadith says," The Kingdom of Dajjal will spread from the Nile in the South and Euphrates in the North" and that will be either by war or by consensus. The way Saudis r acting right now is exactly the way Zionists want them 2 act. Saudis are goin 2 make the way for Zionists 2 establish their kingdom through consensus.

Iran is a big hurdle and 2 me it seems that Iran is fighting its heart out and causing some serious trouble for the Americans. It was just a statement ov a "Saudi Arabia lover" friend ov mine and I wanted 2 b sure ov a few things, that is y I made this thread.

Saudis must do something 4 Palestine with their hundreds ov millions ov "OIL DOLLARS". Ortherwise they r fast losing their popularity in the Muslim world and 2 revive it, it is compulsary for the Saudis 2 do it as quickly as possible.

GeoG

@Bret Hawk Brother,

I agree with most of your analysis but would ask you a question,

Is Iran trying to break the shakles and come out of Status Quo to exert more infulence and claim a bigger political stake in the region or Saudis trying to push them to keep them in the confined area of operation?

Personally I tend to subscribe Such Bolo's list of favor to Pakistan, bit shameful to our nation that we have to beg for handouts but Saudi had been more than generous at our time of despration, except when Zardari went for a handout in 2008 but came back empty handed.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
alihbkable said:
Frnz! I know it is goin 2 b hard 4 u 2 take but I have a question. I just saw a thread made by my brother Gazoomartin and I thought that y people love Iran?
I agree that Iran has a grass-root level of leadership in the highest ranks but I still feel that y not anything happen 2 Iran?
I mean they do what they want. They give threatening statements against Israel, America.
They do whatever they feel likely 2 do but nobody is strong enough 2 do anything against them.
Saddam gets killed and Iraq gets invaded if he sells weapons 2 sum1.
Afghanistan turned in2 Tora Bora
Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and all the other monsters of Muslim world with all their might are unable 2 say a word against Israel or US and their policies but Iran with no real backup on military ground stands fast against every move made by US and Israel and they r unable 2 stop Iran.

Y is Iran so sacred?

I have started 2 feel that all the powers are with Iran. Iran is being put 4wd as the leader of Muslim world and fulfilling the Zionist agenda, that is ov weakening the Saudi Arabia and the Arab world.

Fr that u also have 2 look at it that the Americans are sitting in Saudi Arabia just on grounds that American troops will save Saudi Arabia from any possible threats from Iran and Iran has never withdrew its claim that it can attack Saudi Arabia.

Brotherz and Sisterz! These r just the questions that rise in my mind. I m not sure about what it is? and that is y I have put 4wd this question in front ov all my frnz on this forum so that this thing gets cleared in ma mind. This thread is not made 2 hurt any1.

I am glad that there is at least one member who reads my thread :D

but correction, my id is Gazoo Martian not Martin, but that ok, lots of people get mixed up.

Butdo me favor please. can you past here the thread you are referring to??

gazoomartian

furry87 said:

It was an article that i copied in Siasat just like any body else

Irab should sign all the papers to get the nuke for electricity and quietly divert uranium to nuke building sites. If any American notices it just pay them $1million, they will look the other way

gazoomartian

Regardless of what every body thinks, I totally believe that Saudia has the best policy right now.

I agree with such bolo that KSA is heavily involved in spreading Islam in the west. They have masajids, scholar ships, other awards. Our local mosques here needed donations at the early stages of building, KSA was the most generous and then Libya.

KSA needs to protect her oil industry, otherwise they have nothing. If west captures Aramco from KSA, it will be a disaster, macca madina will be in reaching distance for west. Saudis are actually pretty smart and doin the right thing by keeping west away.

I love their policy of 'chup chap raho aur ander ander kaam karo'. you can see the benefit of that. 1000's of Americans accept Islam every year. Saudis have very beuatiful mosques in Virginia, about 14 miles from the DC area. Americans come and benefits from those centres. I have been to one of them many times for Juma and Isha. Love those American brothers (unfortunately not enough whites) who take care of that mosque, from Imamat to cleaning floors.

Then there is a mosque in Indianapolis-IN, Charleston-WV, Austin-TX and several in los angeles county. Their investment (KSA's) is paying off, granted that they are not the only cause of the spread of Islam in the US but they are the major player.

KSA is doin a good job and Allah is paying back. Yes the royals are greedy but who isnt? Wasnt Indira and Rajiv Ghandhi, Sharif, Baenazeer, Zardari?

BUT there is one and a very important thing is where KSA needs to improve. They prefer 'Hind' workers than 'PAK' workers, good number of KSA govt IT shops have awarded contracts to Indians rather than Pakistanis. They need to improve on that.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Geo G bro first of all thanks once again for your nice words about my feelings on this particular issue and secondly to answer to your very pertinent question on this thread I have to first of all draw your intention towards the nationalist fervour of this proud (Sometimes they are misconceived to be stepping over the fences of nationalist arrogance by its antagonists in the Sunni Muslim and rest of the world alike) nation who have served as one of the iconic super power of this world only to be rivalled by the Romans in the ancient times. And yes its true due to the heavy Shiite presence in the Southern Iraq and in some Gulf countries they might want to expand their area of gambit to such regions to form a powerful Shiite centralised state following the footsteps of its forerunner Safavids in this region some centuries ago.

It would be interesting to see the reactions and planning of the Wahabi dominant Arab aristocracy in this region to counter the effect of Shiite Iran in years to come. We all know how the western world and the Sunni dominant Arab powers collaborated with each other and supported Saddam to undermine the nascent Shiite revolution of early 1980s and who knows the similar kind of tug of war might instigate in the near future. I personally feel that American led western powers would like to have this kind of scenario to transfix on the fate of this region rather then indulge directly in this region and may be we might see a blood bath of Muslims by engaging these dominant Shiite-Sunni forces of this region. Something the Muslim youth have to address and counter these heinous plans of the enemies of the Muslim world once again.

P.S: For those friends who consider that Saudi aristocracy is doing any benefit for the Muslims of this world they have to look in the mirror of history and try to search the images of Hajjaj Bin Yousuf and Hassan Al Sabah. Where their righteous and upright actions served so well for the betterment of the Muslim Ummah of the past to that extent that till this day the readers of their accounts feel very proud of their great services in the earliest epoch of Islam. The same kind of parallels can be drawn here whilst comparing the great services and honours of Saudi monarchs with those great criminals of Islamic history.

gazoomartian

Bret Hawk said:
Geo G bro first of all thanks once again for your nice words about my feelings on this particular issue and secondly to answer to your very pertinent question on this thread I have to first of all draw your intention towards the nationalist fervour of this proud (Sometimes misconceived to be steeping over the fences of nationalist arrogance by its antagonists in the Sunni Muslim and rest of the world alike) nation who have served as one of the iconic super power of this world only to be rivalled by the Romans in the ancient times. And yes its true due to the heavy Shiite presence in the Southern Iraq and in some Gulf countries they might want to expand their area of gambit to such regions to form a powerful Shiite centralised state following the footsteps of its forerunner Safavids in this region some centuries ago.

It would be interesting to see the reactions and planning of the Wahabi dominant Arab aristocracy in this region to counter the effect of Shiite Iran in years to come. We all know how the western world and the Sunni dominant Arab powers collaborated with each other and supported Saddam to undermine the nascent Shiite revolution of early 1980s and who knows the similar kind of tug of war might instigate in the near future. I personally feel that American led western powers would like to have this kind of scenario to transfix on the fate of this region rather then indulge directly in this region and may be we might see a blood bath of Muslims by engaging these dominant Shiite-Sunni forces of this region. Something the Muslim youth have to address and counter these heinous plans of the enemies of the Muslim world once again.

P.S: For those friends who consider that Saudi aristocracy is doing any benefit for the Muslims of this world they have to look in the mirror of history and try to search the images of Hajjaj Bin Yousuf and Hassan Al Sabah. Where their righteous and upright actions served so well for the betterment of the Muslim Ummah of the past to that extent that till this day the readers of their accounts feel very proud of their great services in the earliest epoch of Islam. The same kind of parallels can be drawn here whilst comparing the great services and honours of Saudi monarchs with those great criminals of Islamic history.

arey Bret Saheb, hamarey Na'eb Khalifa ka kya haal hai ?? :mrgreen:

GeoG

Bret Hawk said:
Geo G bro first of all thanks once again for your nice words about my feelings on this particular issue and secondly to answer to your very pertinent question on this thread I have to first of all draw your intention towards the nationalist fervour of this proud (Sometimes misconceived to be steeping over the fences of nationalist arrogance by its antagonists in the Sunni Muslim and rest of the world alike) nation who have served as one of the iconic super power of this world only to be rivalled by the Romans in the ancient times. And yes its true due to the heavy Shiite presence in the Southern Iraq and in some Gulf countries they might want to expand their area of gambit to such regions to form a powerful Shiite centralised state following the footsteps of its forerunner Safavids in this region some centuries ago.

@Bret Hawk Brother,

Always a pleasure to read your lines with examples from history and future insight.

Not to differ but to bring another angel into discussion, Arab Ajam factor was another major factor of the Iran Iraq war, although Iraqi resistance to US Allied forces has changed the dynamics and highlighted the Shiite Sunni factor more than the undercurrent of centurys old Arab vs non Arab tussle.

My reference to Saudi generosity towards Pakistan was size of handout (shame on us as a Pakistani to look for handouts) but it does on forgive the Arab aristocracy who care more of their personal survival than caring about Ummahs future.

Many of us may want to forget last ten years but I truly believe that Neo-Conservatives agenda has been a blessing in disguise and has done us favor by debating the issues on every forum and for us it has highlighted the goal we had forgotten for so long and we can correct our direction and re-evaluate our course of action. Are we willing to take a difficult path, only history will tell if we have missed another boat.

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
Guyyz! u have been gr8 in responding to my questions.

@Bret Hawk
u have been awesome and t'was good thatu gave me answers to a lot of my questions. Thank you for that.

@ GeoG
U r my favourite. As u know.

Now this iz my final question for u guys and I will b glad to know the answer.
Why is Iran not supporting Palestine on military grounds and y r they not causing any kind ov threat to Israel?
Why is Iran not supporting Palestine on military grounds and y r they not causing any kind ov threat to Israel?
What I mean is that recently it has been reported that Hizbullah is not getting any support from Iran and all they r getting these days is the Syrian support.

And the other question that just raised in2 my mind is that:

If Iran is supporting one group in Palestine and the other one is getting support from Saudi Arabia, and no one is ready to back off then whats the difference between Saudia and Iran?

Both ov them r just playing a game and the Palestinians r the ones who r suffering.

GeoG

alihbkable said:
Guyyz! u have been gr8 in responding to my questions.

@Bret Hawk
u have been awesome and t'was good thatu gave me answers to a lot of my questions. Thank you for that.

@ GeoG
U r my favourite. As u know.

Now this iz my final question for u guys and I will b glad to know the answer.
What I mean is that recently it has been reported that Hizbullah is not getting any support from Iran and all they r getting these days is the Syrian support.

And the other question that just raised in2 my mind is that:

If Iran is supporting one group in Palestine and the other one is getting support from Saudi Arabia, and no one is ready to back off then whats the difference between Saudia and Iran?

Both ov them r just playing a game and the Palestinians r the ones who r suffering.

@ Alihbkable Brother.
Thanks indeed for your kind words.

Your question that why Iran or other Muslim states who have enough resources to finance Palestinian freedom movement are not raising the game and exerting more pressure on Israel to force for a political settlement.

First you have to reconcile that Palestine and Lebanon are two separate crises, although related chronologically with common factor Israel but two have totally different dynamics. It is further complicated due to the blur boundaries of religion, Arab, non Arab background and local dominance factors.

KSA would pay billions for Palestinians but for human needs only because if it is seen to support insurgency, Israel would break status quo policy and that puts Arab Aristocracy in danger. KSA would therefore only support Fatah faction and nothing for Hamas, a break-away faction after Yasir Arafat, which advocates aggression and militancy as only policy towards Israel.

On the other side of Israel border, Hizbollah is a unique interest group, an army within Lebanon which is more powerful than Lebanons national army, predominantly Shia but also supported by Syria and Christians. It gave a bloody nose to Israel in a recent war and for the first time there is a question mark on Israels ability to take out its enemy within hours rather than days.

Israel has followed no tolerance policy for tens of years and this can be only reversed once Palestinians can inflict sizeable damage and that would be possible when Arabs get rid of their regimes fighting for their survival vicious circle, dont see any break in tens of years. Alternative is to wait for US to impose a solution and doesnt seem to be forthcoming in near future as Israel changes the goalpost every time when Palestinians give in to their demands.

Next milestone to wait for any possibility is Obamas re-election but with Rahem Emanuelle as chief of White House, chances are what it has been for last half a century.