Help.............Members living in Lahore

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
I am going to bring my kids to UK soon. Is there any institution in Lahore which is specialized to teache spoken english language to children??
I dont want my kids (6 years and 3 years old) to feel as if they are aliens in UK (serious)

younus

Senator (1k+ posts)
if you want them to not feel alien then you better stick to Pakistan. i am living in UK and inshallah will be back to pakistan very shortly for the same reasons you mentioned

hi m8. u dnt need to worry about language if u bringing ur children here they will automatically learn english when they start going to nursery in uk. so take a chill pill and make them use to urdu or punjabi thats what they will need to know when they live in uk. good luck

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am going to bring my kids to UK soon. Is there any institution in Lahore which is specialized to teache spoken english language to children??
I dont want my kids (6 years and 3 years old) to feel as if they are aliens in UK (serious)
3 years and 6 years...Hmmmmmmm........
Don't worry, just bring them in UK and they will learn English by themselves. They are too young and have maximum abilities to absorb every new thing.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I forbade English at home and did not teach them a single word of English until they went to school.
They will learn quicker than you think once they start schooling in UK
Don't worry too much about it, they will not lose anything at this age, if they did not know English.

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks guys....got same answers what i got from my colleagues, friends and wife ....so i should chill then...:)

such786

Senator (1k+ posts)
my son was born in usa and never try to learn urdu but he samrt to understand so when he received his cusions from pakistan to usa, he taught them english instead learning urdu or punjabi.so brother don't worried your kids will learn quickly than you.

Last edited:

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
if you want them to not feel alien then you better stick to Pakistan. i am living in UK and inshallah will be back to pakistan very shortly for the same reasons you mentioned

I understand where are you comming from, but it is a huge decision to leave everything behind and go to Pakistan. I will move to Middle-east once my kids have turned 12-13 years old.

رنگ گورا کرنے والی کریم کا استعمال بھی شروع کروادیں۔ انگلینڈ میں آکر گوروں میں مکس ھو جائیں گے تو پھر یپ یپ کرتے ھوئے پورے گورے لگیں گے۔
ھم آج تک گورے رنگ اور انگریجی زبان کے سحر سے آزاد نہی ھو سکے۔ غلامی کا یہ داغ شائد کبھی نہ مٹ سکے۔

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
رنگ گورا کرنے والی کریم کا استعمال بھی شروع کروادیں۔ انگلینڈ میں آکر گوروں میں مکس ھو جائیں گے تو پھر یپ یپ کرتے ھوئے پورے گورے لگیں گے۔
ھم آج تک گورے رنگ اور انگریجی زبان کے سحر سے آزاد نہی ھو سکے۔ غلامی کا یہ داغ شائد کبھی نہ مٹ سکے۔

Language is only a medium of communication.i would like to learn as much foreign languages i could learn. Kia Muhammad Ali jinah angrezon k ghulaam thay??un se achi angrezi to khud angrez nahi bol sakte thay. aap bhi to goray ki banai hui machine se type ker rahe ho ? kya pant shirt nahi pehni?? bazaar jaa ker imported perfume aur electronics nahi khareedi???
Allah ke banday inn cheeson se ghulaami nahi hoti.....chal chor...tu dil pe mat le yaar :)

Proudmuslim

MPA (400+ posts)

well they will learn once they are here dont pressurize them...

adnan_younus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
let them come; make them feel comfprtable with wht ever english they are speaking; there are many childern program here... theyll simply learn ...

FaisalLatif

Councller (250+ posts)

i've seen people usually go back to pakistan when their kids turn 6-7. anyways, beacon house is usually suggested, plus ur kids are of the age that they will learn the language within 6 months of coming here

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Yes u r right , the language skills should be fine..but GeoG is telling u the right thing..Kids learn very quickly..just in six months...

Dont u care about there mom?
ut any way we pakistani looks always aliens there , I do not know why?

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
Dont u care about there mom?
we pakistani looks always aliens there , I do not know why?

Mom can speak, up to understandable level.

I meant 'feeling' like aliens due to u totally new environment and language.
We don't 'look' aliens, we may 'feel' alienated. It is just a state of mind which takes birth from 'inferiority complex'. I never felt alienated, I got My higher education here with distinction, got good job after beating many British candidates, so i don't feel alien but i feel proud instead.