===> Former Jamaat-e-Islami MNA "Mian Aslam" Fined <===

Jury

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
1) http://paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=216812
2) http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\07\08\story_8-7-2009_pg7_9

Former JI MNAs feed company fined:
SC orders destroying contaminated poultry feed

dailylogo_new.gif

By Masood Rehman

ISLAMABAD: A three-member Supreme Court bench on Tuesday ordered authorities to destroy imported poultry feed that was found to contain traces of pork within three weeks.

The bench consisting of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Ijaz Ahmed and Justice Mahmood Akhtar Shahid Siddiqui also directed action against those responsible for importing the contaminated feed. The bench was conducting a suo motu hearing against the adulterated poultry feed. Appearing on notice earlier, Attorney General Latif Khosa said 14 samples of the imported feed were found to be contaminated with pork, after which, 150 containers of the feed had been seized in Lahore and Karachi.

Khosa said the companies fined for the feed import included one owned by a former parliamentarian from the Jamaat-e-Islami, Mian Aslam.

Lawyers for the poultry feed companies, requested the court to allow the tainted feed to be used as fertilizer, but the attorney general opposed the plea.

The SC also directed the companies to file affidavits in court, clearly stating that they would not import such feed in the future.

The SC said the importers would not only bear the expenses for the feeds return, but would also pay fines and other penalties imposed by the customs department.

armani

Minister (2k+ posts)
I feel so bad for supreme court that in the presence of elected government they are the only one who seem responsible to take care of every mess in the country. Instead of govt taking care of things supreme court is even taking care of the mess made by the govt. At the same time I feel proud that for the first in the histroy of Pak there are folks in the SC who are making the right decesions. I bet those few judges can run the country better than numberless dumbass politicians in the power. I fear another clash between SC and Zoordari. If it happens there will be a huge mess this time. And that mess will bring a huge change.