Evolution may be just a theory, but we are definitely Devolving...Funny, but true.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
What about the people who havent witnessed or seen or heard of a prophet or anything
one should read the story of prophet Musa and how he realize about Creator
the whole idea of prophethood is to that there is a Creator and that we believe in Him

There will be a day when all of our deeds will be judged based on our understanding and our environment (culture etc)..present ur case there and goto jannah if u havent done any 'chalaki' u definitely will go to jannah
No worries man....was just curious. I myself dont deny evolution. I have seen so many things evolve/change in my own short life...so imagine how much must have evolved in million years. At the same time, I'm a Muslim and believe in God.

There is an interesting way of looking at this. Believing in God (peacefully) does have a pro. We are all eventually gonna die. If God does exist and if there is a day of judgment then we pass. If not then nothing to lose.

I disagree that Pascal's wager protects you in any way. In fact, belief in an afterlife changes your complete outlook about life. Your priorities in life change. If you think there is no afterlife, then you start valuing your life and time here more. You work towards making this world better for your next generations etc. You devote your time towards finding the actual history of your origins. Otherwise, you believe that you already know where you came from and orient your habits/time in the direction that you believe will be valued in the afterlife as this world is going to end anyway.

A lot of people think only evolution debunks religion. However, this is not the case. Evolution just debunks Adam & Eve story. For Abrahamic religions, historical facts and archaeology debunk stories and characters in the scripture quite convincingly too. Moses, Noah, Daud, Suleiman, all have been established to be fictional characters now. More so, it's also been established now that Mary didn't give a virgin birth to Jesus after the discovery of an original manuscript of bible which was wrongly translated by some translator to virgin and subsequent copies continued making the same mistake. :LOL: So 2013 onwards versions of bible don't write her as virgin anymore. And the list goes on...

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I feel so pity for the evolutionists, the only defence they have in favour of theory of evolution, is by explaining what theory means in science. At best they can only confuse pepole (including themselves) by bringing some examples of changes within any species or organism according to their environment, which is more correctly called adaptation NOT evolution.
Bring evidence of change from one species to another before you expect people to believe in your fairy tales, or better read first about flagellum anotomy how it possibly can fit in your so called evolution fairy tales.

15-years ago my reaction would have been: :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

But now my reaction to your post is: :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Its evolution has been demonstrated in the lab and lot of experiments with conclusive discoveries have been done

Stepwise formation of the bacterial flagellar system: https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/104/17/7116.full.pdf

Assembly, Functions and Evolution of Archaella, Flagella and Cilia
https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(18)30151-9

Eukaryotic Flagella: Variations in Form, Function, and Composition during Evolution
https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/64/12/1103/250385

The Evolution of the Flagellar Assembly Pathway in Endosymbiotic Bacterial Genomes
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/25/9/2069/1305557

Do you have access to nature? I'll forward you link to 10's of papers on it there

Reconstructing the early evolution of Fungi using a six-gene phylogeny
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05110

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I myself am riddled by these questions..and i want to clarify my beliefs by such discussion and not win some debate...

having said that at no point i challenged the meaning and clarity of the verses in Sura Asr..what i meant is that it has a context which is that if its become evident to you that there is a Creator and u learn he has sent a prophet and still u dont believe then ur good deeds are good for nothing

Again i would say that God is just..if the criterion to enter jannah is so strident then he must have made sure to install an in built mechanism in us to realise that there has to be a Creator and that there is a Creator which is omnipotent and omnipresent etc

If say im born an athiest..as a human being i should b capable of deducing the existence of a creator..then to finally making the best concept of that Creator which is he can be no more than one etc and that he must have sent someone to guide us..but if (with no ill intent and no bias/prejudice) i could not come to the conclusion of existence of God then how is it my mistake and why should i be held accountable for my lack of belief

95% of the population do not change their religion.
When you have faith, then you do not believe on reason.
You are trying to make a sense through logic.

I put it differently.
The smartest scientist world has ever seen was Isaac Newton. He believed on Christianity and trinity. He believed only his religion was right.
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan is an Indian scientist. A Nobel laurate in Chemistry. He believed Hinduism is the only right religion .
Dr Abdus Salam won a Nobel prize in Physics. He believed on a false prophet. He believed only his religion was right. Dr Abdul Qadir is a Muslim. He believes only his religion is right. These scientists are the crème of the world scientists. They only believe only the religions in which they were born were right. So my friend there is no logic practiced even by the scientist to identify the religion.

Let me ask you a question.
Is world fair ?
There are children who are born in Africa, who will starve at the very young age and will start working at the age of 7. They will struggle with health and finance. There are children who are born with cancer. they die very early. What is their fault ? Then there are children who are born in a Saudi royal family, before they are born they have millions of dollars in their account, they will have a healthy long life . and after their death they will go to heaven because they were Muslims. The African kid if born in a non Muslim country will burn for eternity in hell after death. what is fair now ? :) Socretes at the end of his life had said "I know that I know nothing" Life is very complicated , it is impossible to make sense.

Last edited:

knowledge88

15-years ago my reaction would have been: :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

But now my reaction to your post is: :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Its evolution has been demonstrated in the lab and lot of experiments with conclusive discoveries have been done

Stepwise formation of the bacterial flagellar system: https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/104/17/7116.full.pdf

Assembly, Functions and Evolution of Archaella, Flagella and Cilia
https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(18)30151-9

Eukaryotic Flagella: Variations in Form, Function, and Composition during Evolution
https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/64/12/1103/250385

The Evolution of the Flagellar Assembly Pathway in Endosymbiotic Bacterial Genomes
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/25/9/2069/1305557

Do you have access to nature? I'll forward you link to 10's of papers on it there

Reconstructing the early evolution of Fungi using a six-gene phylogeny
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05110

Also when people (who don't believe on Evolution) get sick, they look for the medicine to get better which are based on Evolution.

Vitamin_C

I dont disagree with that, faith has its benefits on mental health and it gives people a purpose. But I also hope that you do not need threats of hellfire or someone watching over you to prevent you from doing bad things.

I understand what you are saying...but to be honest (and I can only speak for myself), this threat of hellfire has not done any damage to me or made me a bad person. Infact, this threat of hellfire and truly believing that someone higher up is always watching me prevents me from doing bad things to myself and others....and thats what its purpose is. I have also noticed that believing in higher up helps me when going gets tough and depression hits. My faith gives a bigger 'purpose' and 'meaning' to my life. I dont see any loss here. Only gains.

Vitamin_C

My point is that no matter what you do as a Muslim, you will eventually go to heaven. But no matter how much good you do as a Christian, you will never go to heaven. So it seems that the deciding point is more on whether you believe or not, rather than your deeds.

The 1% number comes from Islamic sources that I studied, let me know if you cant find it, ill look over my books again to see if I can.

I think punishment should be proportionate to the crime, if someone steals a blanket, you cant shoot him in the head as a punishment, similarly you cannot punish someone for eternity for a finite crime. I dont understand why, not stroking Gods ego should be punished for eternity.

not everyone will goto hell..ur idea of 1% will goto hell is quite misleading..

Islam is clear that is if u sin u will have to pay for it..
and sin is not just shirk...
say if u steal that is sin...say if u murder that is sin
shirk is the highest of sin that on commit and is unpardonable..

if a muslim steal or murder will..he/she will goto hell and pay for what they have done but will eventually goto paradise

people who do shirk will stay in hell for (maybe eternity) bcz shirk is unpardonable..

It is just like the system we have developed
If u steal..ur sent to jail and after smtime released
but if u murder (the biggest sin in world one can commit) then ur gone for good

Vitamin_C

You do not need to "prove a theory" if a concept has the status of a theory that says alot about it. Unless you do not understand what a scientific theory means.

Oh wow believe me you have to have enough faith in "theory of evolution" before you can believe in it. :)
I want you to check again, your "theory of millions yrs fairy tales" has fallen apart already for what it stood for, in the modern science era, but you aren't able to see it because you also have a very strong faith in it.
In fact people who are still desperately trying to prove theory of evolution as fact they are the one who are a shame for science, they just can't see it.

Vitamin_C

They do not have the free will to accept it, for 95% of the people their decision on what religion will follow is already made the moment they are born. The pressure from faith, family, society, school, government, community is just too strong in almost every society to give a person the liberty to chose his own religion.

Assuming this non-muslim knew the message of Islam and did not accept it.

Allah knows best.

Last edited:

Mughal1

I agree with you, You don't attack anyone's faith. It can be highly offending.

Dear knowledge, I do not mean in that context but in the context that one must first learn or know how to make proper sense of the quran and deen of islam before being critical of the quran or deen of islam.

I believe in proper scrutiny of things including beliefs and practices. The reason is it is our beliefs and practices that affect us be it positively or negatively. It is because the world in which we are born is interconnected in an inseparable way. In other words we are stuck with the world in which we are born and there is no way to escape it. We all are affected by whatever happens in it or whatever we ourselves think and do in this world.

It is because our thoughts and actions affect us and many a time we end up hurting each other we are forced to react. We all react in a way that we think is right be it in a constructive way or destructive way. We are all ignorant but some more than others because that is the way we are born in this world and most of us remain ignorant all our lives instead of learning and improving ourselves with time.

So wiser people react wisely due to their mindsets, attitudes and behaviours and stubborn people react according to their mindset, attitude and behaviour. This situation forces us to be highly critical of what people believe or practice. We are therefore forced to help each other correct our thoughts and actions. So attacking any faith or belief system is fine to dismantle it so long as that faith or belief system is destructive for humanity as a whole.

This is why it is absolutely necessary to learn properly how to make proper sense of things so that we do not end up attacking what is true or right and beneficial for us because by doing so we will end up in an even bigger trouble than we are in already. This is why if anyone claims anything harmful or destructive about the quran or deen of islam then that person must have enough knowledge to prove one's point otherwise one is only confusing oneself as well as rest of humanity about something about which one has no real knowledge. This confusion can further complicate things instead of being helpful. It is because the more we human beings confuse or mislead each other the more we suffer painfully by hands of each other due to lack of knowledge as to how to live in this world properly so that we could have blissful, dignified and secure existence.

The quran shows us the proper way of life for living in this world properly and that way of life is called deen of islaam. A way of life which if understood properly and followed faithfully will lead humanity to unity, peace, progress and prosperity. Word quraan means proclamation ie public announcement. This announcement is made by God himself via his messenger.

As for my reaction to vitamin c, it is in this context because he has made some false allegations against the quran and deen of islam. He claims the quran is threatening people with hell if they do not believe in the quraan and do not do as it says. The quran does not threaten humanity but explains to people certain things.

It tells people stop living by ways of life invented by yourselves because they are all based upon idea of personal gains at the expense of each other. I do not see anything wrong with this claim of the quran, does anyone else? If so what is the alternative?

The quran tells humanity about deen of islam to live by. Then it explains what will happen if they will continue living by ways of life invented by themselves and what will happen if they will start living by way of life advised by God. The quran is informing mankind about end results which people can verify themselves. So far the quran has never been proven wrong. However despite this fact humanity continues living by ways of life it invents itself ignoring the way of life advised by God and therefore continues going through hell of its own making. So the quran is not threatening but informing humanity in advance. What is wrong with that?

I said vitamin c if he likes can continue his criticism of mullas' understanding of the message in the quran because that makes no sense at all. No sensible person can defend it no matter what. Mullas are a bunch of foolish people who do not realise they are foolish and they are misleading people about the message of God in the very name of God. I hope this explanation helps you and others know where I am coming from.

Regards and all the best.

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
knowledge88
95% of the population do not change their religion.
When you have faith, then you do not believe on reason.
You are trying to make a sense through logic.

I put it differently.
The smartest scientist world has ever seen was Isaac Newton. He believed on Christianity and trinity. He believed only his religion was right.
Venkatraman Ramakrishnan is an Indian scientist. A Nobel laurate in Chemistry. He believed Hinduism is the only right religion .
Dr Abdus Salam won a Nobel prize in Physics. He believed on a false prophet. He believed only his religion was right. Dr Abdul Qadir is a Muslim. He believes only his religion is right. These scientists are the crème of the world scientists. They only believe only the religions in which they were born were right. So my friend there is no logic practiced even by the scientist to identify the religion.

Let me ask you a question.
Is world fair ?
There are children who are born in Africa, who will starve at the very young age and will start working at the age of 7. They will struggle with health and finance. There are children who are born with cancer. they die very early. What is their fault ? Then there are children who are born in a Saudi royal family, before they are born they have millions of dollars in their account, they will have a healthy long life . and after their death they will go to heaven because they were Muslims. The African kid if born in a non Muslim country will burn for eternity in hell after death. what is fair now ? :) Socretes at the end of his life had said "I know that I know nothing" Life is very complicated , it is impossible to make sense.

ill admit that im making sense through logic..i need to study more before jumping into such discussion..in the same vein i would say that if Islam is the one true religion then it should pass each and every scrutiny..it has to make sense..we live in a world where everything require sensical explanation..its time we find it for our religion as well or maybe convert if it doesnt make sense

1. children who die before the age of puberty are innocent..

2. Do u think the arab sheikh/prince are not troubled..why would one think that trouble=lack-of-money and happiness=money...just think of the agony MBS would have gone through in the recent khashoggi episode..what about the other prince who was jailed recently by MBS on charges of corruption..i can go on and on..who knows maybe that african if more happy than an arab prince..everyone has problems and everyone is immersed in solving their problems..life is not a bed of roses for anyone be it arab prince or an african..if say u lose a loved one and ur trillionaire..i bet u will exchange all ur money to get him/her back

3. its not about where u live and what culture/environment/status u have got..again i would reiterate that there were individual mentioned in Quran who found no prophet and who believed in no prophet but they found the Creator..and they will be raised on the day of judgement as a nation in their own right..If an african life is messed up and he/she doesnt have the space to think about a creator then in my opinion its not their fault..but its quite the opposite: it is in low times that we think of God the most

4. Everytime i stated my understading of Islam..i clearly mentioned the prejudice/bias/ill intention..if God is just then the opportunities to know of His existence must be equal..a man with low intellect and a man with high intellect both should have same chance to confirm or deny the existence of God..it doesnt matter if ur Abdussalam or Newton..everyone must have equal opportunities to walk the straight path or stray away

Last edited:

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
1% is the wrong number. It's actually 0.1% :cautious::cautious:

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 6.265 Narrated by Abu Said Al Khudri

The Prophet (saws) said, "On the day of Resurrection Allah will say, 'O Adam!' Prophet Adam (a.s.) will reply, 'Labbaik my Lord, and Sa'daik.' (I respond to Your Calls, I am obedient to Your Orders), Then there will be a loud call (saying), 'Allah orders you to take out (or assign) from among your offspring a mission for the (Hell) Fire.' Adam (a.s.) will say, 'O Lord! Who are the mission for the (Hell) Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of each thousand, take out 999.' Then Prophet Mohamed (saws) recited the Verse of the Quran (22:2): The Day ye shall see it every mother giving suck shall forget her suckling-babe and every pregnant female shall drop her load (unformed): thou shalt see mankind as in a drunken riot yet not drunk: but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah.

btw here ignorance of law is pardonable...is kind of added bonus:p

My point is that no matter what you do as a Muslim, you will eventually go to heaven. But no matter how much good you do as a Christian, you will never go to heaven. So it seems that the deciding point is more on whether you believe or not, rather than your deeds.

The 1% number comes from Islamic sources that I studied, let me know if you cant find it, ill look over my books again to see if I can.

I think punishment should be proportionate to the crime, if someone steals a blanket, you cant shoot him in the head as a punishment, similarly you cannot punish someone for eternity for a finite crime. I dont understand why, not stroking Gods ego should be punished for eternity.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well, I know it doesn't hold any credibility since I am going to share a personal account, but can't help sharing it as it might help you get a different perspective.

I laughed my heart out at your MBS example. Saudi Royal family is the biggest munafiq or atheist on this earth. A couple of Saudi princes were my drinking partners once and still good friends; they openly confessed that Saudi Kingship is an untouchable fac'ade. Just as the English Kings used christianity through Church of England to exercise control over people in the medieval period, house of Sauds have used Wahabism to exercise control over half the world and their public. Hence they pump in billions of dollars every year to print and spread their brand of "islamic" teachings and block access to any contradictory evidence. But.. as per the recent census atheism is growing pretty fast in Saudia. There are 100,000+ ex-muslims in Saudia now. MBS is concerned about it and they are seeing it culminating in a civil war down the road. Hence, he is doing reforms pretty fast to appease the public and alienate any threats to kingship. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

knowledge88

ill admit that im making sense through logic..i need to study more before jumping into such discussion..in the same vein i would say that if Islam is the one true religion then it should pass each and every scrutiny..it has to make sense..we live in a world where everything require sensical explanation..its time we find it for our religion as well or maybe convert if it doesnt make sense

1. children who die before the age of puberty are innocent..

2. Do u think the arab sheikh/prince are not troubled..why would one think that trouble=lack-of-money and happiness=money...just think of the agony MBS would have gone through in the recent khashoggi episode..what about the other prince who was jailed recently by MBS on charges of corruption..i can go on and on..who knows maybe that african if more happy than an arab prince..everyone has problems and everyone is immersed in solving their problems..life is not a bed of roses for anyone be it arab prince or an african..if say u lose a loved one and ur trillionaire..i bet u will exchange all ur money to get him/her back

3. its not about where u live and what culture/environment/status u have got..again i would reiterate that there were individual mentioned in Quran who found no prophet and who believed in no prophet but they found the Creator..and they will be raised on the day of judgement as a nation in their own right..If an african life is messed up and he/she doesnt have the space to think about a creator then in my opinion its not their fault..but its quite the opposite: it is in low times that we think of God the most

4. Everytime i stated my understading of Islam..i clearly mentioned the prejudice/bias/ill intention..if God is just then the opportunities to know of His existence must be equal..a man with low intellect and a man with high intellect both should have same chance to confirm or deny the existence of God..it doesnt matter if ur Abdussalam or Newton..everyone must have equal opportunities to walk the straight path or stray away

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well, I know it doesn't hold any credibility since I am going to share a personal account, but can't help sharing it as it might help you get a different perspective.

I laughed my heart out at your MBS example. Saudi Royal family is the biggest munafiq or atheist on this earth. A couple of Saudi princes were my drinking partners once and still good friends; they openly confessed that Saudi Kingship is an untouchable fac'ade. Just as the English Kings used christianity through Church of England to exercise control over people in the medieval period, house of Sauds have used Wahabism to exercise control over half the world and their public. Hence they pump in billions of dollars every year to print and spread their brand of "islamic" teachings and block access to any contradictory evidence. But.. as per the recent census atheism is growing pretty fast in Saudia. There are 100,000+ ex-muslims in Saudia now. MBS is concerned about it and they are seeing it culminating in a civil war down the road. Hence, he is doing reforms pretty fast to appease the public and alienate any threats to kingship. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didnt give his example to portray saudis as exemplary/perfect/ideal muslim..i would laugh my heart out as well if someone would tell me so..what i meant was that money power influence etc does not mean ur a happy satisfactory jubilant person..in my opinion one can achieve true happiness and peace when one come to terms with life and realise that life is a mix of failure and success, chaos and peace/order, sadness and happiness etc..being a billionaire or a celebrity or well established officer doesnt ensure happiness..people living in villages are so much more happy content and at peace

about the other things that u mentioned..no one can deny that
whole of our muslim history is filled with such facade..just look at the horrific things muslim rulers had done (like slitting ones own brother throat) to ascend the throne..and majority of the clergy were mum about it

No doubt atheism is growing..it is appealing
it is targeting religion but all it do is target the low hanging fruits
all i would is say is that religion is the domain of philosophy and not scientists

Vitamin_C

Let me fill in the blanks for you... Most of atheism has been directed towards Christianity for the last few hundred years, no one has yet scrutinized Islam in a proper way yet as secularism hasn't reached the Muslim world as it has the Western World and the Seculars in the West do not understand Islam because its not their religion.

That was good and bad for Christianity, good as in, what ever Islamic apologists come up with today to defend their religion, was already thought about by the Christians few hundred years ago while they were defending their religion from seculars and atheists like Voltaire.

The bad thing is every single one of their argument/evidence was destroyed by the seculars. Europe changed its path towards more secularism in running the State.

The 3 stages of Christian denial
First the Christians tried to use science in their favour, they failed as with advances in science in field of biology, archaeology and physics among others, they discovered blunders in the scriptures.

They tried to dodge this by saying religion is not in the domain of science but rather philosophy. Christian philosophers scrambled to find philosophical arguments in support of God. They came up with arguments such as the teleological argument, the cosmological argument, pascal's wagers among many others. All of them failed to hold philosophically.

As a last ditch attempt to save Christianity, the finally settled on the idea that in order to believe in Christ, you must have faith and thats it. (Faith means believing in something without any evidence or proof). After Evolution became established as a fact, the Catholic Church changed its official position on Adam and Eve and said they didn't literally exist, it was just a metaphor.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/pope-would-you-accept-evolution-and-big-bang-180953166/

Secularism and Islam
The Middle East today is going through a similar process as Europe did few centuries ago. First we will try to fit Islam into science somehow, this is slowly being given up, and you can even see people here post the exact same philosophical arguments that Christians did few hundred years ago not knowing that they were dropped centuries ago. In the end they will admit just like the Christians did, that there is no evidence for God, either philosophical or scientific and that in order to believe in God, you need to have Faith.

No doubt atheism is growing..it is appealing
it is targeting religion but all it do is target the low hanging fruits
all i would is say is that religion is the domain of philosophy and not scientists

Last edited:

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
Let me fill in the blanks for you... Most of atheism has been directed towards Christianity for the last few hundred years, no one has yet scrutinized Islam in a proper way yet as secularism hasn't reached the Muslim world as it has the Western World and the Seculars in the West do not understand Islam because its not their religion.

That was good and bad for Christianity, good as in, what ever Islamic apologists come up with today to defend their religion, was already thought about by the Christians few hundred years ago while they were defending their religion from seculars and atheists like Voltaire.

The bad thing is every single one of their argument/evidence was destroyed by the seculars. Europe changed its path towards more secularism in running the State.

The 3 stages of Christian denial
First the Christians tried to use science in their favour, they failed as with advances in science in field of biology, archaeology and physics among others, they discovered blunders in the scriptures.

They tried to dodge this by saying religion is not in the domain of science but rather philosophy. Christian philosophers scrambled to find philosophical arguments in support of God. They came up with arguments such as the teleological argument, the cosmological argument, pascal's wagers among many others. All of them failed to hold philosophically.

As a last ditch attempt to save Christianity, the finally settled on the idea that in order to believe in Christ, you must have faith and thats it. (Faith means believing in something without any evidence or proof). After Evolution became established as a fact, the Catholic Church changed its official position on Adam and Eve and said they didn't literally exist, it was just a metaphor.

Secularism and Islam
The Middle East today is going through a similar process as Europe did few centuries ago. First we will try to fit Islam into science somehow, this is slowly being given up, and you can even see people here post the exact same philosophical arguments that Christians did few hundred years ago not knowing that they were dropped centuries ago. In the end they will admit just like the Christians did, that there is no evidence for God, either philosophical or scientific and that in order to believe in God, you need to have Faith.

I fully understand that Christianity got the brunt of atheism and that muslim world hasnt got even a fraction of atheist attack. But the thing is if Christianity has failed these tests of science, secularism etc..it doesnt mean islam or hinduism/buddhism will fail it too..its not a hard and fast rule
we atleast have the right to try .say in islam or Quran there are no blunders like those of Bible..eg earth is 6000 years old or earth is flat etc..btw christian apologist havent given up yet...

Why secularism/atheism is so appealing is nt bcz its gold..it might be gold but the number of people who can perceive it as gold will nt even be 1%..majority of the people are dumb and dont do rationale thinking...people accept atheism/securalism bcz its convenient and it makes life easy..people accept it bcz they want freedom..freedom from the clutches of clergy blah blah
i mean even incest is justified in atheism..

About the philosophical arguments..ive yet to see a complete philosophy of life from atheists..biologist/physicist can explain the world around us no doubt..but they have yet to explain the origin of universe and of life..

life originated by chance is almost an impossible idea..in a documentary i watched 'each and every atom found in the whole universe can be transported to and back from one corner of the known universe to another 16 times at 1 foot/sec and yet the first protein on earth will not be formed on earth by chance'..the best ive heard so far of the origin of life is that some alien popped out of nothing..grew seed of life somehow and then vanished It has to be an intelligent alien bcz there definitely is a signature of an intelligent being in the pattern of evolution..

about clergy..they are for sale be it christian or muslim..

about faith..well what is faith is it blind ? is faith = stupidity ?
i think faith is trust..eg if ur a physicist and u cm up with a theory..i would ask for proof and lets say u successfully give me proof. the other day u cm up again with another theory i will again want proof and so on..after few day i wont ask for proofs..bcz now i have trust in u and have faith in u..
and this is how all science work around the world..no one actually try and test/scrutinised each and every theory of science..we have faith in science and the testimonies of scientist..no one feel the need to look for proofs of something that they read in a book of science for common people..

so if faith is believing in something or someone on rational basis then yeah religion is faith but if its otherwise then it simply is stupidity