Does CPEC stand for China PUNJAB Economic Corridor?

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
How much are we making out of this deal? The government must have done some cost-benefit analysis. Do you, or anyone else has this information. I haven't seen one, other than lots of pie-in-the-sky promises.

it's up to us how much benefit we can derive from this project -- China is providing the infrastructure, shudn't be expecting China to earn income from us.
if you can tell us what's the big loss in this, seems like you are against this project???

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
it's up to us how much benefit we can derive from this project -- China is providing the infrastructure, shudn't be expecting China to earn income from us.
if you can tell us what's the big loss in this, seems like you are against this project???

Did I say 'loss'? All I am saying is that the benefits for Pakistan are not as much as we are lead to believe. Basically we will just be the toll booth collectors. China is a much bigger winner in this. As you correctly said above that Chinese are not stupid.

Muqadas

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
the point she made is that slogan wasn't kept using -- NS learnt the lesson that these slogans won't/didn't worked.

Actually, there is no clip like that. Plus that's unlike NS. (I am his fan, but Punjabi card is unlikely)

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
Did I say 'loss'? All I am saying is that the benefits for Pakistan are not as much as we are lead to believe. Basically we will just be the toll booth collectors. China is a much bigger winner in this. As you correctly said above that Chinese are not stupid.

China was always going to be a bigger winner -- Our focus should be to try and achieve maximum benefit from this opportunity.
To me (Allah knows the best), if all goes according to the plan, Gwadar Port will bring lots of benefit for us.

Now all this, wo route tha ye route hai, hum say nahi pucha, meray pind sey kyun route nahi guzar raha etc., is all rubbish.
if the route will be only for (according to you) truck stops/tea shops etc., than why bother abt the route change???

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

As if Pakistan had a long line of investors
and given a choice to chose the best one

imran1976

Councller (250+ posts)
So how do you justify Sharif brothers request to Talibans to spare Punjab from their attacks?

i ain't gonna justify anything which is wrong (but i don't know abt the request) --- We are going off topic otherwise there wasn't any justification for IK to oppose army's operations against TTP -- IK had no choice left other than to support the operation in the end.

So if sharif's weren't justified in the request, so was IK not justified in opposing operations against TTP.
(lets be objective)

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

They won't disappoint you
just wait Chandaa, Maple, Exnooni taking their positions

but that does not mean lowering your own standards...

What standards; that of Bawa, Democratic, Perfect Stanger, Farooq22, Gujjar Pakistani, and list goes on and on....No thank you, less said the better.