Chitral Lady Police Officers Arrest Man Involved In Harassing Kalash Women

Salma Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
kalash-2-1529627573.jpg
1739744-kalash-1529627525-762-640x480.jpg

BUMBURET:

Chitral lady police officers have arrested the man involved in harassing and illegally filming the act against Kalash women in Bumburet, Chitral which went viral on social media.

DPO Chitral Mansoor Aman formally announced the arrest of Emil Khan on Thursday night, where the accused harasser was arrested from Peshawar and brought in handcuffs by the Chitral’s Lady Police.

According to DPO Aman, “The purpose of carrying out this arrest through the lady police was to make the accused realize that the women of Chitral were not weak and that they cannot be harassed.”

DPO Chitral thanked the public for highlighting this all-important issue of harassment against girls and women of Kalash valley on social media.

Source

Last edited:

kayawish

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Initiatives taken by #PTI Government to Empower Women in KP PTI Government banned Dowry and slapped fine and punishment

OnjkwYuh

https://t.co/5j92P0y7tB

its all drama , yea abhi pichle dino meri first cosin ki shaadi thi peshawar main ( 1 week before ramzaan) 30-40 lakh ka kharcha huwa hai my aunt said.so what was this 40 lakh kharcha then if there is a ban on dowry ? offcource shaadi hall expenses , food for bharatis and jahaiz etc.

T-i-g-e-r

Senator (1k+ posts)
its all drama , yea abhi pichle dino meri first cosin ki shaadi thi peshawar main ( 1 week before ramzaan) 30-40 lakh ka kharcha huwa hai my aunt said.so what was this 40 lakh kharcha then if there is a ban on dowry ? offcource shaadi hall expenses , food for bharatis and jahaiz etc.
lolz to you explanation .. people even do air firing on weddings although law catch them but they says we will pay the penalty and will stay few days in detention keep in mind we are dealing with 20 caror idiots like your aunt .one thing can put this nation on track and that is danda

kayawish

lolz to you explanation .. people even do air firing on weddings although law catch them but they says we will pay the penalty and will stay few days in detention keep in mind we are dealing with 20 caror idiots like your aunt .one thing can put this nation on track and that is danda
yea :D let me tell you a story.i still remember when mehtab abbasi was a NWFP CM in 1997-98 and he imposed a ban on more then one dish in shaadi.I was attending one shaadi of my dad friend brother and the police came right when dinner was opened.all were saying Oh police came Police and later what happened was police SHO and constables were also eating food with bharatis i.e roast chiken , lamb , pullaow and many more dishes.And now about dowry , no one wants to give so much dowry their daughters on weddings but do you know what the women suffers in susral when she dont bring dowry ? i am talking about middle class people.Tane deh deh kaar us ki jaan nikal dete hain.she dont have any cent respect in her susral.i am also against this dowry but it is mixed in our culture now and very very difficult to change.

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
yea :D let me tell you a story.i still remember when mehtab abbasi was a NWFP CM in 1997-98 and he imposed a ban on more then one dish in shaadi.I was attending one shaadi of my dad friend brother and the police came right when dinner was opened.all were saying Oh police came Police and later what happened was police SHO and constables were also eating food with bharatis i.e roast chiken , lamb , pullaow and many more dishes.And now about dowry , no one wants to give so much dowry their daughters on weddings but do you know what the women suffers in susral when she dont bring dowry ? i am talking about middle class people.Tane deh deh kaar us ki jaan nikal dete hain.she dont have any cent respect in her susral.i am also against this dowry but it is mixed in our culture now and very very difficult to change.

I think dowry is not something where police will raid every marriage house enquiring about how much dowry was given/taken while performing the marriage, but police will only take action after a complaint is lodged. So It's people choice whether to report such demand to police or not to.

Regarding your story of police eating in the Shadi hall, I think this happens in any part of the world that police take advantage of people's violation of some law. But when there is rule of law then you can just make a video of the police officers, or complaint against them for violation of some law and action against them will be taken. Remember police was never so much independent in the history of Pakistan as it is right now in KPK. I think even in the entire South Asia you don't find such a police which is free of political interference. There will still be similar bribery/blackmailing by these police(because there is no such thing as 100% corruption free anywhere in the world) but at least such actions are now not supported officially like in civilized countries...

Last edited:

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
Only kp police is the professional police in Pakistan
rest of them are mafia's ghulaams
پنجاب پولیس بھی اچھی ہو سکتی تھی اگر یہ ...می جوکر شوباز شریف اپنے ساتھ کام کرنے والے پولیس آفیسرز کو انکی بیویوں کی خوبصورتی اور دستیابی کی بنیاد پر تعینات نا کرتا جب بیغرتوں کو ایسے عہدوں پر رکھو گے تو آؤٹ کم بھی یہی ہوگا یہ ....، زادہ جوکر پہلے غیرت مند افسروں کی بیویوں کو طلاقیں دلا کر حاصل کرتا تھا پھر اس کرپٹ اثر ...می نے بھینس پالنے کی بجائے بیغرت افسروں کو اپنے قریب اور ماتحت رکھنا شروع کر دیا سارے پاکستان کو معلوم ہے

hawkinthesky111

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think dowry is not something where police will raid every marriage house enquiring about how much dowry was given/taken while performing the marriage, but it is a law that enables people to file a complaint after they are asked for dowry by the In laws, before or after a marriage. And when such law is implemented with full force and it also reaches the masses, then perhaps no In laws will ever taunt/beat a girl for not bringing dowry. It is just empowering women with at least some kind of weapon who were facing these same problems without any weapons to use before.

Regarding your story of police eating in the Shadi hall, I think this happens in any part of the world that police take advantage of people's violation of some kind of law and as a result police as a bribe either take money or resources from the violator. But when there is rule of law then you can just make a video of the police officers, or complaint against them for violation of some law and action against them will be taken. Remember police was never so much independent in the history of Pakistan as it is right now in KPK. I think even in the entire South Asia you don't find such a police which is free of political interference. There will still be similar bribery/blackmailing by these police(because there is no such thing as 100% corruption free anywhere in the world) but at least such actions are now not supported officially like in civilized countries...
kin ko sumjha rehy hain janab...

PappuChikna

I love the idea of having lady police officers arrest these harasser.
Excellent idea.

but ion the photo yeh mulzim itni dhitaee aur baysharemee se khara hai.
No signs of remorse.