40% of Punjab's development budget spent on Lahore

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Development budget: Lahore - Punjab govts favourite
By Mohammed Rizwan
Published: June 29, 2011

40% of last years development funds spent in one city.

LAHORE:
The Punjab government has spent around 40 per cent of its development budget for the year ending June 30 in Lahore leaving very little for the rest of the 35 districts in Punjab.

In total disregard for its claims of developing the downtrodden areas of the province, the Punjab government spent Rs105 billion of the allocated budget of Rs193 billion. And 40 per cent of Rs105 billion was spent on development projects in Lahore only which include Ring Road, Kalma Chowk flyover and underpass, the proposed Muslim Town flyover and Multan Road.

In 2009, 60 per cent of a total development budget of Rs150 billion was spent in Lahore. To top that, the government has set aside Rs21 billion for block allocation funds set aside for an unspecified project and can be spent anywhere after the chief ministers approval. This sum too is being spent mostly on Lahores infrastructure.

Opposition MPAs from South Punjab including Mohsin Leghari and Sardar Ather Gurchani have frequently voiced their concern against what they termed provinces bureaucracy.

But now MPAs on the treasury benches too have started criticising the government, albeit privately. One of them told The Express Tribune when she sought approval for water supply schemes in the far off district of south Punjab, she was told that she would only get the money for a scheme in Lahore.

Development projects are so heavily skewed in Lahores favour that during a meeting, chairman planning and development told Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif that Lahore needs to produce its own resources if it wants the funds. Soon after, a summary was moved to the chief minister which proposed that funds can be raised by awarding ownership rights to more than 20,000 dwellings on encroached land. The proposal envisaged to raise Rs2 billion instantly and has, according to the summary, the potential to raise Rs12 billion.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 29th, 2011.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/198392/development-budget-lahore-punjab-govts-favourite/

Bhenchode k bachay kiya samajhtay hain baqi districts mein rahnain walay insan nahi.

Iss vaviyaa ki waja se hamaray South Punjab k bhaion mein ahsas-i-kamtari aur apnain Punjabi bhaion se nafrat hoti hay.

Meray South Punjab k bhaio! mein khud Lahore Johar Town se hoon laikin Sharief biradran ki iss ghatiya harkat per aap se mafi mangta hoo. Agar aisay kutay hum per hakomat kertay rahay tu aik na aik din Punjab kai sooboon mein taqseem ho jaega.

rakeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hahaha.. now looks like Lahore needs a halqabandi. They've finished whatever was left of the word economy, and are near bankrupt taking huge loans from state bank without paying them. There is a need to monitor the yellow cab scheme or scam that will probably show where the money ends up and with "whom".

nauman

Senator (1k+ posts)
Sharifs arent going to lose Lahore any time soon
the first place sharif is going to loose is lahore.
lahori dont think for them selves they think for pakistan.last election raiwind seats pmln has loosed every area person know that

nauman

Senator (1k+ posts)
yar koi kam lahore ma hota dakhai nahi deta.aik over head ban raha aik multan road ha jo 3 saal say complete hi nahi ho rahi
pervaiz ellahi nay is 500 guna ziada kam karwai tha hutaky monis ellahi to sub ka personal kam bi karwa deta tah phir bi lahore say har gaya .ab lahore sirf pti ka kala ha

phoenix

Citizen
I am from fsd and we have new DCO appointed.This guy has changed the city alot by destroying all illegal buildings and trying his best for the city.He only have one thing and that is he is not corrupt and he don't take any ones order.I have seen the city my self and spoken to loads of people and they said he is a good guy.I feel its down to the people and yes we have majority of people who are corrupt but we also have some good people.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
the first place sharif is going to loose is lahore.
lahori dont think for them selves they think for pakistan.last election raiwind seats pmln has loosed every area person know that

My point is how will PTI beat PML-N when every government post in Lahore is held by PML-N workers and supporters? Wouldnt the families of these people vote for Nawaz Sharif? How are fair and free elections possible then?

nauman

Senator (1k+ posts)
My point is how will PTI beat PML-N when every government post in Lahore is held by PML-N workers and supporters? Wouldnt the families of these people vote for Nawaz Sharif? How are fair and free elections possible then?
yes we need independent election commission.as far as post are concerned i belong to family who has gained benefit from nawaz but know out 80 vote 75 relate with pti.even it is shabaz shrif who give my father govt job

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
yes we need independent election commission.as far as post are concerned i belong to family who has gained benefit from nawaz but know out 80 vote 75 relate with pti.even it is shabaz shrif who give my father govt job

Thank you for sharing