3 Key lessons for Pakistanis from Suez/Egypt battle of 1956

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
If you don't know about this conflict in modern history, then its a must watch for everyone to understand how an underdog can become a menace for a world power.

3 Key takeaways from this incident that every Pakistani MUST understand:

1. As long as you have a leader that puts his national interest above the interests of the international establishment, you will always face a threat from International power players.

2. Despite rigorous propaganda, no world power can single handily justify aggression on you and will be forced to retract!

3. As long as you have people who stand united behind their nationalist leader and support his decision wholeheartedly instead of doing cheap/dirty politics, that nation will always stand tall and can never be brought down on its knees!

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I dont think Suez is a good example for Pakistan. Egypt lost in Suez militarily but US didnt back Britain and France as a show of defiance and an official change in superpowers from British empire to the US and CCCP.

The Egyptians took this and spun it around to make it seem like it was a major victory for them which it wasn't. They lived in this delusion for 11 years when Israel showed them their reality in 1967.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are free to think what you want as a free man, but it doesn't change reality.

Read --> https://www.amazon.com/Suez-Crisis-1956-Essential-Histories/dp/1841764183 by Derek Verble for an unbiased review of history. The documentary I've shared is not Egyptian either. It's BBC!

I dont think Suez is a good example for Pakistan. Egypt lost in Suez militarily but US didnt back Britain and France as a show of defiance and an official change in superpowers from British empire to the US and CCCP.

The Egyptians took this and spun it around to make it seem like it was a major victory for them which it wasn't. They lived in this delusion for 11 years when Israel showed them their reality in 1967.

Vitamin_C

I have watched that documentary and it is saying exactly what I am saying. The West won militarily, Israel was occupying the entire Sinai peninsula.

Britain lost politically as a punishment from the US for taking unilateral action without US permission. It was also an official change of superpower Status from British empire to United States.

If you go towards the end of the documentary, it says the Nasser exaggerated his military success that gave the Egyptians a false sense of confidence which was destroyed by the Israelis in 1967. The Egyptians were disillusioned by the Suez Crisis and overestimated their reach.

You are free to think what you want as a free man, but it doesn't change reality.

Read --> https://www.amazon.com/Suez-Crisis-1956-Essential-Histories/dp/1841764183 by Derek Verble for an unbiased review of history. The documentary I've shared is not Egyptian either. It's BBC!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
These Arabs can't fight anyone other than among themselves. Thats why a tiny country like Israel has been whopping their behind for decades.

In modern history Arabs have never fought anyone other themselves, only two non arabs they have engaged with have been Israel and Iran and both whopped the Arab ass.

But this also doesn't mean Israel or Iran are some great fighting machines. They just have weak enemies.

Vitamin_C

Anwar Saddat despite having larger army, more tanks, anti-tank weapons and ships was shitting his shalwar every night when he heard the Israelis crossed over the read sea and are 100km from Cairo. He was waking up Soviet diplomats in the middle of the night crying for help. What a pathetic disgrace these Arabs are.

They only fought against Romans for a few years because of the inspiration and leadership of Prophet Muhammad. But they quit soon afterwards and it was the Ottomans and Persians who were spreading Islam. If Muhammad was born in Turkey, they would have conquered the entire world with this leadership, from the Atlantic, to the pacific and from the arctic and to the cape of good hope.

These Arabs can't fight anyone other than among themselves. Thats why a tiny country like Israel has been whopping their behind for decades.

In modern history Arabs have never fought anyone other themselves, only two non arabs they have engaged with have been Israel and Iran and both whopped the Arab ass.

But this also doesn't mean Israel or Iran are some great fighting machines. They just have weak enemies.