Zaid Hamid- What is Takmeel-e-Pakistan Mission

saheeen

Councller (250+ posts)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4ElLMP_hs[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLXZ0kSmr9Q[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyluiSn1HYQ[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZf1FoONSCw[/video]

My Humble request to all Friends / Members on this group please don't start Discussing here the myth of Kazab as it has been cleared now already, Enough is Enough,.. If some one who don't believe. please see in your self where and what you have done for your country,
Yes...! Discussion on Takmeel e Pakistan 23 March 10 - is more than welcome.

JazakAllah

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
saheeen said:
[videoww.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4ElLMP_hs

My Humble request to all Friends / Members on this group please don't start Discussing here the myth of Kazab as it has been cleared now already, Enough is Enough,.. If some one who don't believe. please see in your self where and what you have done for your country,
Yes...! Discussion on Takmeel e Pakistan 23 March 10 - is more than welcome.

JazakAllah

Thanks saheen. I watched it yesterday at takmeel and LOVED IT. He has my FULL support.....

We should not let him go because we dont find Pakistanis like him every day.

wa'tasemu be hublilahi jame aun wa la tafarraqu

All I can say is:

Jahan mein ahl-e-iman surate-e-khursheed jeetey hain
idhar doobey udhar nikley, udhar boobey idhar nikley.

We must not ignore him, for we may not fine aother person again for decades.

Zaid Hamid zindabad
Pakistan Paindabad

I just went through this excruciatingly long, winding, and quite useless attempt at making any sense. Here are some of the issues with this rehtorical nightmare:

1) The speaker gives wrong facts again and again without the slightest regard for truth. As a muslim I think he should ba a little more careful in giving wrong facts.
2) He talks of all subjects (politics, Islamic studies, history, economics, political-economy, sociology) as if he is the expert. But his lack of depth of knowledge is painfully evident.
3) He exagerates facts that suit him and down-play facts that do not suit him. Another way of lying.

Other than the above very obvious defeciencies here are some questions that I have for this self appointed savior of Pakistan.

1) Who are these young men that are ready to die for what he tells them is important?
2) Why do these young men have to die at all. why cant muslims serve Islam by living?
3) Is there no way to serve Islam by actually living and not dying?
4) If sacrifice of live is the only way to serve Islam then what is he doing in front of a camera talking?
5) Why doesnt he talk about education once in his long and disjointed address?
6) Isnt education, knowledge, awareness, knowing and understanding your religion (through education and cognitive abilities) important in Islam?
7) Why doesnt this self appointed reformer promise to educate these young men and instead of hoping that these young men would give up their lives , convince them to educate more Pakistanis?
8) Is Islam even possible with ignorance? But then if all muslims were educated who would need these defenders of faith anyway?

Havent we had enough of these crazy, self righteous demagogues........

When are we going to learn?

P

pcdoc24x7

What wrong facts are we talking about here Allama? Are you the spokesperson for all Muslims ... just being a big mouth doesn't make you one. I have listened to Zaid Hamid many times ... I may not agree 100% with everything he says but most of what he says make sense and is quite logical. I have absolutely no reservations for him being a sincere and true Muslim and a patriotic Pakistani. People are entitled to their opinions....so don't try to force yours on others. Maybe do some research first and yeah Google might help...that is if you have heard of it.

May All protect Pakistan and all patioritic Pakistanis from the enemies of this great nation who sometime pretend that they love this country but certainly have a weird way of showing it.

leboheme2005 said:
I just went through this excruciatingly long, winding, and quite useless attempt at making any sense. Here are some of the issues with this rehtorical nightmare:

1) The speaker gives wrong facts again and again without the slightest regard for truth. As a muslim I think he should ba a little more careful in giving wrong facts.
2) He talks of all subjects (politics, Islamic studies, history, economics, political-economy, sociology) as if he is the expert. But his lack of depth of knowledge is painfully evident.
3) He exagerates facts that suit him and down-play facts that do not suit him. Another way of lying.

Other than the above very obvious defeciencies here are some questions that I have for this self appointed savior of Pakistan.

1) Who are these young men that are ready to die for what he tells them is important?
2) Why do these young men have to die at all. why cant muslims serve Islam by living?
3) Is there no way to serve Islam by actually living and not dying?
4) If sacrifice of live is the only way to serve Islam then what is he doing in front of a camera talking?
5) Why doesnt he talk about education once in his long and disjointed address?
6) Isnt education, knowledge, awareness, knowing and understanding your religion (through education and cognitive abilities) important in Islam?
7) Why doesnt this self appointed reformer promise to educate these young men and instead of hoping that these young men would give up their lives , convince them to educate more Pakistanis?
8) Is Islam even possible with ignorance? But then if all muslims were educated who would need these defenders of faith anyway?

Havent we had enough of these crazy, self righteous demagogues........

When are we going to learn?

Yes, absolutely, Zaid is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

So talking about education is being a bad muslim and a non-patriotic Pakistani, and support Zaid and you are a true Pakistani............bravo, you definitely take the cake.

God save us Pakistanis and our Pakistan form ignorance and bigotry

asad160

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
leboheme2005 said:
Yes, absolutely, Zaid is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

So talking about education is being a bad muslim and a non-patriotic Pakistani, and support Zaid and you are a true Pakistani............bravo, you definitely take the cake.

God save us Pakistanis and our Pakistan form ignorance and bigotry

ZH has talked about education reform many times .. you probably haven't seen his other shows .... just saw one and you're like WHAT THE HELL!! LET ME SHOW HIM! LOL!

You should do some show or something to counter ZH if you don't like him ... just sitting there crying won't get anyone on your side ....

Thank God that I havent seen any of his other shows, it would be a total waste of time.

Frankly, I should probably start my own show, but you know the issue is that I believe that before I become self righteous, tell others what to do, and proseltyze I should become a better human being myself.

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
After independence some people came to Nehru and ask support for
rights of hindus living in Guyana,Fiji,Suriname,Mauritius.they were in bad shape
at that time.

Nehru thinks for while and said let them deal & solve their own problems.
they will get mature and strong with time
if we try to support them,it will
develop their conflicts will local people and will weakens them further.

Nehru was proved right,Hindus are way better,prosper in that communities and are
in power too.If they tried to dealt with indian support,that might could give initial advantage to them,but they might be dealing with more conflicts with locals.

Same way I expect from Z hamid that please keep your operation upto pakistan
and for the sake of INDIA MUSLIMS don't spread this illusion of conquering India.
let them live in peace and your fantasies will strengthen the hindu fundamentalism
when they will see this propaganda.

rizwan1003

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
leboheme2005 said:
Thank God that I havent seen any of his other shows, it would be a total waste of time.

Frankly, I should probably start my own show, but you know the issue is that I believe that before I become self righteous, tell others what to do, and proseltyze I should become a better human being myself.

I don't know how this guy got so popular, I can't even listen to him for 10 seconds he talks so much crap which doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know why he always use "Hamara mission", who is behind him? In one of his videos he said Multan is the most beautiful city of Pakistan and believe me if you have been to Multan you would just slap this guy right away.

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
A CRUEL KING was dying and everybody was wishing for his death
but an old woman was praying for this life.
some one ask that old lady why you are doing that,haven't you suffered in his rule.

Lady said yes,I do suffered in his rule but i'm praying for his life because next ruler
(his SON ) is more cruel and brutal than him.our life will be more in trouble after his death..

this story is in context of current scenario of Pakistan and one hypothetical if
ZH succeed.the way he is supports killing and criticizing democracy.

If I would be a pakistani I might also be jumping after looking these videos
being fed up of current situations.

In todays world good governance is a product of counter check & ballance,
accountability, transparency that only a democracy can give.

Indian democracy got more mature after coalition era.
before that cong under full majority was accountable to nobody.now under communication & economical surge INDIA have to standardize and implement
the things in a transparent and accountable way.can today cong think any operation like blue star......no way.they are not even using militry force against nexalite,
because it will kill civilians also.

pakistan's today's first need is education,opportunities,transparency and accountability
without that any system will fail.

giving power to anybody one way without accountability is a disaster.

it is very funny to see that argument in the video.

either you are in our side or against us....no neutral.
I dare you if you are against us.

I completely agree with your analysis of ZH and also with some of the issues you pointed out and solutions you suggested for Pakistan. But when talking of democracy, rule of law, transparency and giving the example of India is stretching it a bit.

Mature democracy in India...........Gandhi family can put out a GI Joe action figure and that figure will win the elections. Do you have rule of law, which is perhaps the most important ingredient of democracy, in Bihar or may be in Gujrat?

Economic surge..........I agree much better than Pakistan but India needs a lot more than just investment.......60% of the total peopel in the world who live under poverty line are in India, said the world bank, not my figures.

The point being that there are enough Pakistanis to sort out their problems, though thank you for your concern.

dil-se-desi

MPA (400+ posts)
leboheme2005 said:
I completely agree with your analysis of ZH and also with some of the issues you pointed out and solutions you suggested for Pakistan. But when talking of democracy, rule of law, transparency and giving the example of India is stretching it a bit.

Mature democracy in India...........Gandhi family can put out a GI Joe action figure and that figure will win the elections. Do you have rule of law, which is perhaps the most important ingredient of democracy, in Bihar or may be in Gujrat?

Economic surge..........I agree much better than Pakistan but India needs a lot more than just investment.......60% of the total peopel in the world who live under poverty line are in India, said the world bank, not my figures.

The point being that there are enough Pakistanis to sort out their problems, though thank you for your concern.

It was just my point of view.

indian democracy is maturing day by day ....cong win delhi election just after bombay
incident and BJP lost in parliamentry election ,people didn't vote in emotion.
common man see development,nitish is going great job in bihar.
bihar is india's second fastest growing state.

with right of information act in place it is not easy to hide any information,is building
more transparency in the system.
with PIL (public interest litigation) judiciary is cleaning some mess which politician avoid.

there is law,there can't be ministers in any govt more than 10% of strength of the house
(parliament and assemblies)that is keeping govt overhead low.

accountability...

indian always make someone scapgoat if some blunder happen,like center home
minister,CM of MH have to resign after bombay incident.
it is a tradition.
media is active in both countries.

indian one third population live under poverty not 60%.
suppose if there were not any reforms in india then its 90% population will be under
poverty.

cmq07md

Voter (50+ posts)
To all the concerned fellow Pakistani brothers,
If you are worried, please don't worry about likes of Zaid Hamid as for every Zaid Hamid there is Nadeem F. Paracha in Pakistan's media. For every show like 'Alim Online' there is a show like 'Begum Nawazish Ali' in Pakistani media. For every Maulana Diesel, we have Imran Khan. It is up to an individual to follow or not to follow these speakers/writers.
Though democracy never flourished in Pakistan, still Pakistan's awam didn't ever vote Jamaat-E-Islami to rule centrally unlike India where BJP has ruled the country for one full term and let happen ignominious incident like 'Gujarat riots'. As has been proved time after time, Pakistani society has good 'conventional wisdom' even if literacy rates are low (recent elections are good example).
Every young country like Pakistan has good or rough patches in its political history. What's happening in Pakistan (political turmoil, insurgency) has happened in many countries but all overcame it even if cynics have always had doubts about it. Pakistan's economic growth rate for the first 40 years after independence was the highest in South Asia. Pakistan's youth is as talented as its Indian/Chinese counterparts.
I wish everyone of us should strive for the best in whatever field we choose to pursue and redeem our nation and ourselves.

Well, I can quote at least half a dozen laws that will tell you that there is accountability and transparency in Pakistan........but is it there?

I am sure with all this transprency and democracy all Indian muslims have equal right as well, no discrimination, right. But then its your problem.

Now as for your statistics, you understood me wrong, what I said was that of the total number of people living under the poverty line in the world, 60% of them are in India, you do have a very large population. Now your statistics I dont know where they come from, but my figures are from the World Bank reports. May be the Indian government has a lower standard for poverty line than the WB standard, you need to check that up.

My main point was that even with all the positive media image of India, it still has major issues. Look at your own statistics and tell me how much income inequality has increased in India in th elast 5-10 years, while the aggregte economy has improved. Indian economic indicators taken as a whole really do not create a good picture, I would suggest you go and have a good look at them and dnt just follow the media misinformation.

As for politics, is there no political corruption? No hindu fundamentalism? no separatist movements? no miniority exploitation? no issues between the north and the south? no divisions based on culture and language?

The main point being that why dont you deal with your own issues first before telling us what to do, as you very aptly said in your first message with Nehru's story. Muslims in Pakistan can also solve their issues.

Good point, well done.
cmq07md said:
To all the concerned fellow Pakistani brothers,
If you are worried, please don't worry about likes of Zaid Hamid as for every Zaid Hamid there is Nadeem F. Paracha in Pakistan's media. For every show like 'Alim Online' there is a show like 'Begum Nawazish Ali' in Pakistani media. For every Maulana Diesel, we have Imran Khan. It is up to an individual to follow or not to follow these speakers/writers.
Though democracy never flourished in Pakistan, still Pakistan's awam didn't ever vote Jamaat-E-Islami to rule centrally unlike India where BJP has ruled the country for one full term and let happen ignominious incident like 'Gujarat riots'. As has been proved time after time, Pakistani society has good 'conventional wisdom' even if literacy rates are low (recent elections are good example).
Every young country like Pakistan has good or rough patches in its political history. What's happening in Pakistan (political turmoil, insurgency) has happened in many countries but all overcame it even if cynics have always had doubts about it. Pakistan's economic growth rate for the first 40 years after independence was the highest in South Asia. Pakistan's youth is as talented as its Indian/Chinese counterparts.
I wish everyone of us should strive for the best in whatever field we choose to pursue and redeem our nation and ourselves.

cmq07md

Voter (50+ posts)
One more thing, we must overcome this 'India syndrome'.
Why do we need to show Indian readers of this forum that we are better than India?
I'm really sorry for those members who have used abusive language for Indians/Hindus/Jews and even fellow Pakistanis. Islam is a peaceful religion and it does not teach us to be abusive towards anyone.
Instead we must try to achieve the technological and economical advances of West and implement 'welfare state' like in Europe. Research does show that Western Jurisprudence and Concept of welfare state has been influenced by Islamic concept of welfare state. If we have both these things, Pakistani people would never want to be in foreign countries.
In my opinion, even 'Albania' can be a good example for Pakistan, where Muslims are majority of population and control government but still minority 'Christians' don't feel oppressed or neglected.
I apologise to anyone if he/she felt hurt after reading my views.