Victim's family oppose Dr. Khalil Chishty's release

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
New Delhi: The Rajasthan government is considering the mercy plea of 80-year-old Pakistani prisoner Dr Khalil Chishty who's been in a jail in Ajmer for some 20 years. The family of the man he was convicted of murdering is now opposing his release, demanding that his plea be quashed.
The family of the Idris - whose murder Chishty has been convicted for - is opposing his release
Dr Khalil Chisty, an 80-year-old virologist locked up in an Ajmer jail for murder has now become the human face of the Indo-Pak push for peace. For 20-years, he hasn't seen his daughter. She hopes he will before its too late.
Amna Chishty has written to the Governor of Rajasthan Shivraj Patil.
"My father who is almost 80 years old and in failing health does not have much time left. As his daughter, I wish to see him live once again with dignity before it's too late. "
"Sir, under the current goodwill created between the two countries several prisoners on both sides have been released including the release of Mr Gopal Dass, and I am certain that a positive decision on my father's plea will enhance this good will," said Amna Chishty's letter.
But Chishty's case is caught in politics and red tape. The son and the wife of Idris - the man who was killed in 1992 - is taking the protest forward.
If Khalil Chishty is released, we will be forced to come out on the streets and protest, said Jehangir Chishty, Late Idris's son.
Caught between the emotional appeals from his family and civil rights groups, legal scrutiny and now a brewing controversy, Dr Chishty's hopes to be home in Pakistan and reunite with his family once again seem to have hit a roadblock for now.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/victims-family-oppose-pak-prisoners-release/163180-2.html

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Victim's family oppose Pak prisoner's release

I think qaidion ki rihayi "Kuch do kuch lo" ki bunyad par hone chahiyie...Agar Pakistani koi qaidi chorte hain toh badle mein India mein qaid apne logo ki rihayi ka bhi mutalba karna chahiyie...

I hope chishty saab gets home to see his family specially his daughter before its too late...InshaAllah