Truth about taweez

Veila Mast

Senator (1k+ posts)
.......وَلَوْ أَنَّ قُرْآنًا سُيِّرَتْ بِهِ الْجِبَالُ أَوْ قُطِّعَتْ بِهِ الْأَرْضُ أَوْ كُلِّمَ بِهِ الْمَوْتَىٰ ۗ بَلْ لِلَّهِ الْأَمْرُ جَمِيعًا. ۗ

[SIZE=-1](13:31[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Had it been possible for a Lecture to cause the mountains to move, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]or the earth to be torn asunder, or the dead to speak,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](this Qur'an would have done so). Nay, but Allah's is the whole command.[/SIZE]
Therefore whole concept of Taweez shatters down.
If Allah wishes to give you some good, none can withhold it and if
He wishes to afflict you with something, there is no one who can stop it.
It is just matter of conviction and faith.
This Taweez is just commercial business.

Mera Dost Ayaaaaaaaaa,

long time no see baba g, I hope everything is fine.

Baba G, you know my affiliation to you so I hope you won't tell a lie.

Did Allah "directly" command you to jump in and enlighten us with your great views?

Please tell us.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Mera Dost Ayaaaaaaaaa,
long time no see baba g, I hope everything is fine.
Baba G, you know my affiliation to you so I hope you won't tell a lie.
Did Allah "directly" command you to jump in and enlighten us with your great views?
Please tell us.
Long Time for you. not for me. Pl check the board. Daily talk show etc.
Allah has commanded every believer to hook the ignorant when they
are going against the spirit of Quran. Believing in Taweez & Co Limited
is far away from Quran.

Veila Mast

Senator (1k+ posts)
Long Time for you. not for me. Pl check the board. Daily talk show etc.
Allah has commanded every believer to hook the ignorant when they
are going against the spirit of Quran. Believing in Taweez & Co Limited
is far away from Quran.

Lol!

Oh Boy,

Who has COMMAND for Hidayah?

I am sure, you don't enjoy eny facility!

I think you were busy in HOOKING people so you were absent for sometimes.

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear Mughal,

I am amazed at your notion of not believing in miracles. Can you explain me the following incident told in Quran.

Go, take this shirt, and do you cast it on my father’s face, and he shall recover his sight; then bring me your family altogether [12: 93]

Another point of yours which is puzzling is that you dont believe in black magic. Is it true or am I getting it wrong.

They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew [2:102]

I was explaining you about the spiritual healing from Quran and it has also been proven scientifically.

It is medically asserted that tension and worries lead to a deficiency in the immunity of human body in the face of all diseases. The more the psychological and nervous condition of man is not stable, the more the chances to face the invasion of diseases. Hence, the explanation becomes crystal clear- the Quran is a healing for bodies as it is a healing for the souls and spirits. The Quran regains the balance of nervous and psychological systems for the believer who constantly recites and listens to it, and contemplates its meaning, thus leading to increase his bodily immunity and safeguard his internal defenses. Man becomes in constant safety against the penetration of diseases. With the Quranic prevailing luminous powers, all microbes and germs attacking the body in consecutive waves are resisted.

Dr. Ahmed El Kadi conducted a research in USA on three groups of Americans who do not speak or understand Arabic. He connected them to instruments for measuring biomedical functions such as blood pressure, heart pulses, EEG, myography, and sweat test. He recited some Quranic verses for the first group, and ordinary sentences of everyday Arabic for the second group while the third group was a control group resting in a state of relaxation. He found that the physiological changes for the first group listening to Quran recitation have more significantly improved than the other two groups (These results were announced by the Islamic Organization for Medical Science).

Dear Cheeko, prophet solomon was a king and had many enemies who tried to bring his divine empire down so they took steps whatever they could openly as well as secretly. This is what 2/102 is all about.

If you want to cause a fight between man and wife all you need is to spread lies. There is no need for any other supernatural evil power for doing that.

As for the story of prophet Jacob and the shirt, please read the whole surah in realistic sense and see what these verses really mean. They do not mean what you are trying to tell me.

I wonder if you have come across work of dr qmarruzzaman. He comes from brelvi background although he has modified his views but you may find his views educational at least to some degree.

http://www.aastana.com/urdu/viewer.asp?t=B&id=22
http://www.aastana.com/urdu/viewer.asp?t=B&id=54
http://www.aastana.com/urdu/viewer.asp?id=49
http://www.aastana.com/urdu/viewer.asp?t=B&id=33
http://www.aastana.com/urdu/viewer.asp?t=B&id=18

regards and all the best

Last edited:

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lol!
Oh Boy,
Who has COMMAND for Hidayah?
I am sure, you don't enjoy eny facility!
I think you were busy in HOOKING people so you were absent for sometimes.
If you, or any one else, cannot or do not wish, to read the clear
verse, then I can only say" To whom Allah sends astray, you cannot guide".

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
Q) Some people ask, 'How is it allowed to blow dua's onto the sick when some ahadith say this is forbidden?'

A) Allama Sa'idi has written the answer to this question in great detail; he has also included the opinion of all the other great scholars, and we will present this here.

Allama Sa'idi writes:

"Imam an-Nawawi in Sharh Muslim states: 'There are two types of ahadith concerning blowing. [reciting a du'a and then blowing onto a person]. One of the types is transmitted in Bukhari: 'There will be people who will enter Paradise without any questioning, who have never been blown upon.' Imam Muslim has also recorded a hadith in support of those who do not ask to be blown upon. Imam Bukhari in the chapter on Tibb [Medicine] has written du'as that our Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) recited when doing damm [reciting a du'a and then blowing onto a person]. Imam Muslim states in 'The Chapter on Virtues of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace)' that: "When our Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) was ill, the Angel Jibril came to him and performed the blowing." The above types of ahadith apparently seem to contradict each other but in reality there is no contradiction.

"The former type of hadith refers to the prohibition of having read something that is not from the Qur'an and Sunna [i.e.something that has pictures, diagrams or words not from the Qur'an or Sunna] and then blow upon someone. The latter types of ahadith which permit damm refer to those kalimat [words or verses] which have been taught by the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace)"

[Allama Sa'idi, Sharh Sahih Muslim, Chapter of Tibb]

In the same way as above there are two types of ahadith concerning ta'wiz. There are many narrations that forbid the use of ta'wiz and also many permitting their use.

Imam al-Qurtubi wrote in detail about both types of ahadith concerning ta'wiz:

"The ta'wiz that are forbidden are those ta'wiz from the Time of Ignorance - those which are satanic and contain an element of shirk [mantar, voodoo and magic, etc.]. The ta'wiz, which are permitted are those written with du'as evidently from Qur'an and ahadith only"

[al-Qurtubi, at-Tadhkirat, chapter on 'Ta'wiz']

Here are the narrations which show the permission for one to wear a ta'wiz around one's neck:

Allama Alusi al-Hanafi, in his Tafsir of the Qur'an, writes:

"According to Imam Malik 'It is permitted to put around the neck the ta'wiz written with the name of Allah.' Imam Baqir also stated that it is permitted to put such a ta'wiz around the neck of a child"

[Ruh al-Mani, chapter 15, under Sura al-Mu'minun, verse 97]

Allama Shami al-Hanafi writes:

"It is permitted to write a ta'wiz and put it around the neck... It would be better if a person recites the du'as taught by the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). But if a person cannot read or is too young to recite then it is permitted for that person to put it around the neck"

[Rad al-Mukhtar, chapter on 'Qira'at'; Sa'idi, Sharh Sahih Muslim, Chapter on Tibb]

To conclude, it can be said that those verses that oppose the Qur'an, Shari'a, or the Sunna are forbidden to read and also forbidden to put around the neck.But as for the du'as and verses from the Qur'an and Sunna it is permitted to be written and put around the neck of a small child, illiterate or a sick person.

Jazak Allah for an academic post to understand the subject. The great Imams [An-Nawawi and Al-Qurtubi] (May Allah Bless Them) have summed up this matter very well.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Mughal,

I tried with a very open mind to understand your view point but there is not one single thing where we can agree in the latter part of our discussion. You dont accept that black magic exists and you dont accept that miracles are told in the Quran. You believe that sihr doesnt mean magic and you believe that harut and marut came down to tell people that in order to break a relationship between a husband and wife one has to lie. The people uptil then didnt knew that one can break a relationship between a husband and wife by lying. They were naive and the angels were specially sent to them to teach how to lie. Quran didnt use the word lying but had to make it look difficult by using the word Sihr. Quran made difficult instead of Quran made easy.

You dont believe that Shifa means healing in verse 17:82. You think that the Ayat which told about the shirt business is not what I understand. Kindly also tell me what your view point about it is.

I dont know who Qamaruzzaman is and I am not a Barelvi or Deobandi in any sense.

Last edited:

Mughal1

Dear Mughal,

I tried with a very open mind to understand your view point but there is not one single thing where we can agree in the latter part of our discussion. You dont accept that black magic exists and you dont accept that miracles are told in the Quran. You believe that sihr doesnt mean magic and you believe that harut and marut came down to tell people that in order to break a relationship between a husband and wife one has to lie. The people uptil then didnt knew that one can break a relationship between a husband and wife by lying. They were naive and the angels were specially sent to them to teach how to lie. Quran didnt use the word lying but had to make it look difficult by using the word Sihr. Quran made difficult instead of Quran made easy.

You dont believe that Shifa means healing in verse 17:82. You think that the Ayat which told about the shirt business is not what I understand. Kindly also tell me what your view point about it is.

I dont know who Qamaruzzaman is and I am not a Barelvi or Deobandi in any sense.

Dear Cheeko, the problem is with proper understanding of islam as it is told in the quran. This problem rose because people destroyed prophetic set up of state in favour of malukiyat and from then on invented things to justify their own evil ambitions and desires. If it was possible for them they could have done away with quran as well but they could not. Instead they turned the quran against itself by giving it twist in the wrong direction by make belief interpretations.

Most of the works you quote were written during that period and for that purpose therefore they are not as reliable as they ought to be. Even compilations by later scholars have great amount of stuff added to them from the very same sources and needs to be separated. It is for this reason we need standard or criterion to understand islam properly ourselves so that we could rediscover things that have been muddled up. This is absolutely necessary if we are looking for real solutions of real problems of mankind. We have a great task in front of us and that is proper understanding of the quran and then properly understanding the ahadith according to the quran.

For understanding the quran we must be logical and rational and not go against natural world order or beyond law of cause and effect. Islam is not about make beliefs but about real world and real people and things that matter in the real world. The quran teaches self reliance so far as possible or about reliance on muslim brotherhood and where need be human brotherhood.

Islam does not offer supernatural solutions to every little thing. It is for this reason it is good idea to understand the quranic message properly.

The purpose of islam is human guidance and that is given in form of a divine message. The message is miraculous but so called miraculous events we attribute to the quran are misinterpretations of words and sense of message and its purpose.

The quran is a book of revelations for revolutions to make dead nations becomes alive again. The magic and miracles you talk about reverse this idea on its head and make alive nations dead. Because every time you have a problem you look for its solution beyond yourself. This idea creates dependency and that is exactly what the quran came to eliminate.

The peers and mullahs have been diverting our attention from actual message because that was their paid job. It is their children and followers who are still pushing those things but some educated people are now looking at their nonsense claims critically and exposing them for what they are.

Islam is not a religion but a deen the divine order for the world to live by. That is change the world from the way it is to what it should be. It is time people started questioning such peers and mullahs and magicians rather thabn becoming their slaves.

Coming to your point about word MALAAKAH= it is from root MLK meaning a lot of different things, including people in or with authority, chiefs, commanders, good nature people or strangers. In 2/102 the quran is certainly not talking about supernatural creatures, it is simply talking about two people who were trying to excite people to rise up against divine empire of prophet solomon. They were telling lies about the prophet trying to make people hate him. It was to mislead or deceive people and they succeeded because that empire was also brought down.

Likewise you see every day how people cause fights between the very same family members just by talking to each other and telling lies. Many couples end up in divorce when some one raises suspicions in their minds.

In fact these so called magician do a lot of damage not by evil supernatural power but simply telling one member of the family that the other has done jadoo on them. If you cannot see these very simple things then obviously you need to broaden your vision by studying things a bit more.

The story of prophet jacob is also very straight forward. When we say you have lost your sight it is not about loss of your eye sight but the loss of perspective on some thing or an objective look. You lose sight of things you are supposed to be looking at.

It is likewise in the quran that Allah kills a nation and then raises it from the dead ie people stop living as they should then revelation is sent and some one revives the nation ie make the nation stand back on its feet.

It is because we have been mentally captivated by deceptive mullahs and peers that we have stopped looking at things from a different perspective or stand point. This way we will never have capability for unity because to unite we must find common ground and that ground needs to be solid. The solid ground is only and only that which is based upon proof and can be proven.

This is why ignorance persists amongst us as knowledge because we do not learn what we need to learn ie the way to unity. That means leaving all make beliefs and accepting what is based upon reliable evidence.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wo mu’azziz they zamane mein Musalman hokar

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]aur tum khwar huey tarike Quran hokar[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Khuda ne aaj tak us qaum ki haalat naheen badlee

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]na ho jisko khyal aap apni haalat ke badalne ka

regards and all the best.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think that Sister Faiza may change the subject from "Truth about Taweez" to "understanding the Quran"
Why people do not have direct and head-on-collusion approach on topic:
i) Is that concept of Taweez supported by Quran n Hadith;
ii) Is there any reality of Magic, what does Quran says about that;
Clothing the kilometers long posts with literal words and without making any head n tail,
confusing the reader and after listening music all the night, one should and must not
grasp whether was He or She talked about?

canadian

Taweez is a shirk.People do not have enough knoweldge and believe it is good.Infact,during times of afflictions and trials your complete reliance and faith should be on Allah and Allah alone.Allah say's in The Holy Quran" Perhaps you may dislike something which is really good for you or like something(which is actually ) bad for you but Allah knows(what is best for you) and you do not{ Soorah Al Baqarah(2):216**

Veila Mast

Senator (1k+ posts)
@Mughal,

Please define supernatural as I believe we should understand your concept.

Secondly, again you are mixing Taweez and Magic, you are mixing Taweez with Fraud.

For your attention we are here discussing principle, not it's application.

Who has told you Taweez are there to distract people from Quran?

Don't hold responsible us for your own assumptions.

Who has told you TAWEEZ are ONLY solution to EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM?

I am not here to advocate any deceit but PRINCIPLE.

Mind the difference!

Example:

Principle: Kiya Islam Main Siyasat Main Hissa Laina Jaiz Hai

Answer: Yes

Application: Khud Hee Andaza Kar Lain Aaj Kal Dhoka, Fareeb, Makari Ko Siyasat Kahtay Hain

Conclusion: Kissi Kaam Ka Ghalat Isteemal Say Us Kay Ghalat Isteemal Pah Sawal Ho Sakta Hai Magar Asal Bar Karar Rahay Gi

Last edited:

Mughal1

@Mughal,

Please define supernatural as I believe we should understand your concept.

Secondly, again you are mixing Taweez and Magic, you are mixing Taweez with Fraud.

For your attention we are here discussing principle, not it's application.

Who has told you Taweez are there to distract people from Quran?

Don't hold responsible us for your own assumptions.

Who has told you TAWEEZ are ONLY solution to EVERY LITTLE PROBLEM?

I am not here to advocate any deceit but PRINCIPLE.

Mind the difference!

Example:

Principle: Kiya Islam Main Siyasat Main Hissa Laina Jaiz Hai

Answer: Yes

Application: Khud Hee Andaza Kar Lain Aaj Kal Dhoka, Fareeb, Makari Ko Siyasat Kahtay Hain

Conclusion: Kissi Kaam Ka Ghalat Isteemal Say Us Kay Ghalat Isteemal Pah Sawal Ho Sakta Hai Magar Asal Bar Karar Rahay Gi

Dear Veila Mast, the universe in which we live exists and works. These two facts are indisputable facts. Its origin and its purpose are also two things that people dispute.

No one can dispute that universe works in a certain way ie it works according to cause and effect laws both at macro level and micro level.

Whatever humanity so far has been able to discover, it clearly proves beyond a shadow of doubt that it functions on basis of cause and effect.

Even when theists and atheists debate, theists bring in cause and effect law to try to prove that creator exists.

The only dispute between them is whether the universe exists because it was created or is it that it always existed and functioned that way.

Now if we bring in idea of God sitting there playing with universe like a kid plays with his toys then cause and effect law no longer remains valid argument, but then that is what is discovered when observation is taken into account that universe does not behave as a kid's play thing.

This is why either God exists and works according to some purpose and plan or he does not exist.

The theist at that point accept that God exists and he created things certain way to works according to a set plan to some defined end.

This is why we must accept laws of nature and law of cause and effect.

The point here is that nobody knows the universe better than people who observe it. It would make absolutely no sense to think that people who study something can be wrong but people who know absolutely nothing about the universe know it better.

It is for this reason we cannot accept what uneducated mullahs may say about things they nothing about.

The proper understanding of divine revelation depends on knowledge of the universe because it is like an instruction manual of a machine. Without having sense of machine the instruction manual will make little sense.

If Allah created the universe and and he sent the message then unless one is reasonably familiar with the both of these things one is not going to be really knowledgeable person.

To bring both sides together, we cannot discard what the scientists claim with evidence rather it is wiser to interpret the scripture in light of that and then take it from there.

We all claim there is order in the universe ie it is orderly and that negates random happenings ie accidents or chance events.

It is therefore obvious that if anything happens just anyhow without any natural cause behind it then the whole idea of understanding the universe falls apart. It becomes no a sensibly planned universe but a child's play ground.

It is because the universe is orderly that predictions are possible by way of trends. This is how the laws of nature are discovered and the same can be said about law of cause and effect.

The quran is full of arguments based on these ideas, so if we then go against all this then it also proves the quran is not right. Now if the scientists are not right and the quran is not right then who is right? Not the man in the village called mawlana sahib by the illiterate villagers, who tells them make beliefs stories to make them happy. The quran explains nature eg how Allah makes things grow from the earth. how rain cycle takes place and calls people to reason things and be rational. If we concentrate on all this, Allah is telling us very clearly that the quran is true because it is telling us things the way they are as self evident.

The quran is trying to prove its divine origin to us by using the natural universe as its evidence. How can then we turn round and say that the universe and how it works is all rubbish but the quran is true? Allah is telling us be sensible by removing mysteries for us and we are busy trying to mystify all that is clear cut self evident to us.

Allah's appealing to people to be sensible only makes sense if then we rely on our sense and that Allah proves his point by of sensible things. This is why we must not go for mumbo jumbo and claim that as true islam.

As for supernatural magical events attributed to anyone, one needs to see them in this light and then see if they make any sense. One will come to realise that they do not make any sense in light of what has been explained.

In grand scheme of things miracles attributed to prophets and saints make no sense.

What makes sense is revelation of Allah to his messengers and prophets for guidance of mankind and his inspiration of thoughts and ideas to ordinary people to motivate them and through them others.

The best thing muslims can do is study the quran critically by trying to make sense of surahs in it.

It is very bad practice amongst mullahs to read a verse then take words and phrases and run with them like headless chickens. The meanings of words are not important if one does not end up with a proper context that makes sense.

One must look at verses in a way that does not cause contradictions within the quran and that any interpretation one takes must not be against self evident facts.

I have explained these things in detail elsewhere on this forum. The moment a witness is found to contradict himself, we know he is lying. The same happens when one contradicts any self evident facts.

So long as one interprets the quran without causing such contradictions one is on the safe ground. Even if his interpretation is not exactly right it is still valid enough because it cannot be proven wrong.

So keeping the quran right is better than trying to prove our make beliefs from the quran thereby proving the quran wrong as well as ourselves.

Allah has supernatural power that is why he created the universe and he created it the way we see it and he made it work the way we observe it. This is the quranic concept of natural and supernatural as I understand it from the quran and nature of the universe.

The stories of the prophets and their people told in the quran are about guiding people for establishing divine constitution and maintaining it. They are told what constitution is, how they should establish it and maintain it for the good of mankind.

There is nothing in the quran about any prophet or his people sitting in a corner writing away taweez for each other to solve their daily life problems. This whole concept seems outside the quranic teaching. This is why all so called ahadith would seem made up that take us in that direction because they do not seem to be based on the quran.

The quran is not about playing with words but about concepts and streams of ideas based on the concept of the quran being a nation's constitution. Then if any reports follow those concepts and ideas they can be clearly seen to be based upon the quran and therefore can be valid.

Just taking any word from the quran and then getting a whole bundle of ahadith about it to try and twist it in a direction that has nothing to with the quran as a constitution of muslim ummah should ring alarm bells.

I hope this explains the issue a bit more from my point of view but please stick to what you feel comfortable with.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50593-Javed-Ghamdi-Salman-Taseer-Asma-Jhangir-Khuda-ka-khof-karen-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

May Allah guide us all to his path that is right as well as good for the mankind.

Auroville - India

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Auroville+-+India+&aq=f

Last edited:

Ehraz

MPA (400+ posts)
Dear Veila Mast, Allah has given us the brain, the five senses and our life experience in the real world is the real evidence. The rest is information by a 3rd person and if it contradicts rationality then it is nonsense.

Miracles and magic and other superstitious beliefs have nothing to do with the quran and the hadith.

Islam came to bring people out of darkness of ignorance and in to light of knowledge.

I wholeheartedly agree with your perspective in this post.

[54:18] "And indeed We have made the Qur’an easy to understand and to remember. But is there anyone who would receive admonition?"