Targeting the Maulana

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Targeting the Maulana
By Editorial
Published: April 1, 2011
Fazl1111111-640x480.jpg

JUI Chief Fazlur Rehman is known to have been on the TTP hit list for some time now.

There have been, within 24 hours, two suicide attempts on the life of JUI-F Chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman. In Swabi, a suicide bomber on a motorbike blew himself up as the convoy passed nearby, killing 10 people. Another 13 perished in Charsadda a day later, in another suicide attack. Fazl, who remains defiant, insisting his party will not cave in to the pressure, is quite evidently a wanted man.

It is believed that members of the Tehreek-i-Taliban (TTP) Pakistan oppose his involvement in parliamentary politics; his political alliances and compromises; and his recent suggestion that a modification in blasphemy laws is possible. Moreover, it is possible that the TTPs young leadership sees him as someone who is willing to compromise a consummate politician who wants to work within the system, whereas the TTP want the system to be replaced with their own version of Islam.

Fazl is known to have been on the TTP hit list for some time now. The division of the Taliban into factions also complicates matters, with conjecture that the JUI-F leader may have angered some of the splinter groups.

The maulana has been fortunate to survive. Security forces in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP) have reportedly advised him not to address any rallies.

This cutting off of politicians from people is precisely what the extremists seek. Such a divorce weakens mainstream forces and opens up a wider space for militants to operate freely. It also seems apparent that they are able to operate at will. KP authorities say there has been no security lapse, but we wonder why it is still proving impossible to collect adequate information from the intelligence networks and determine who is planning attacks. We also need to see complete political unity. The reports that some rival JUI factions have blamed the attacks on Fazl are disturbing.

There can be many disagreements over ideology and opinion. But whatever these are, political parties need to join together, unequivocally condemning the violence, no matter against whom it is directed or what the motives may be.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 2nd, 2011.
http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fazl1111111-640x480.jpg

pakhtoon pardesi

MPA (400+ posts)
This is all fake suicides by Fazloo pretending that U.S.A. wants to kill him and grab the popular vote as election season is coming. He still has the taste of winning in 2002 election specially is KPK which was turned into a terrorist province by these Fazloos. He can go to Waziristan and gets massage from Baitullah Mehsud and still TTP wants to kill him-بات ہضم نہی ہوتی

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
He's one of the most hated person around.Corrupt to the core,self serving bigot !!!

zeshaan

Na janay inn logon kay nishanay kion khataa hoo jatay hain inn logoon peh aa kar aoor yeh loog bach jatay hain,Bay qasoor maray jatay hain.

Malik495

neither

It was a dil sey dua

Molana is a mature and intelligent politician who knows how to prove his importance in pakistani politics.. whenever i hear his interview he always have some valid points but sometimes couldnt understand whats the logic behind his actions.. overall he is a good person himself..

M

mimran301

agar fazloo bomb dhamaky mein marra tu socho, kitna ghund pheely ga,,,,is ko mar jana chahey.

it is first time i appreciated taliban for something. honestly

drkjke

in both attempts he survived.so it seems fake
after all fazloo is one pawn in american game for pakistan.just a little one but important,as he controls a sizeable religious population of pakistan.to who he deceives

hans

Banned
No jokes, a true experience.. I was at Karachi airport Departure lounge.. waiting for my flight .. Sitting on a chair, behind me I heard lot of commotion and laughter.. Could not resist tried to see what is going behind me… What I see is the back of Mullah Fazal-ur-Rahman. He occupied the seat just behind me. What took me by surprise is his Dunker Neck… man this person has a HUGE Fat NECK !!!!!

No Jokes. Man I am serious!!!!!