Surprise No Dr Afia Siddiqui news on CNN or Canadian news

A

abbasiali

This was a great surprise for me, when I first came across with Dr Afia news on our forum, I was surprised that whole day in my office, I never saw a glimpse of this news on CNN. and still after two days I haven't heard any news on these channels, which are always starting debate on any wrong decision or any decision against humanity or against human rights, this is a very clear indication of double standard of democracy and justice in these countries, and including myself, we have no courage to raise a single word against this decision. [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
This was a great surprise for me, when I first came across with Dr Afia news on our forum, I was surprised that whole day in my office, I never saw a glimpse of this news on CNN. and still after two days I haven't heard any news on these channels, which are always starting debate on any wrong decision or any decision against humanity or against human rights, this is a very clear indication of double standard of democracy and justice in these countries, and including myself, we have no courage to raise a single word against this decision. [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

bhai jaan

US jungle ka badshah hai jo chahey karey, giselle can only attempt to protect herself. US news media didnt want americans to know what Dr. Afia has been thru. But sooner or later it WILL COME out. Dr. should write a book on her ordeal. She could make $millions and expose the govt of both US/Pak

I have never believed in US media being free anyway. I am sure in every day press briefing Black House chief of staff tells media what to withhold and what to say.

A

abbasiali

gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:

bhai jaan

US jungle ka badshah hai jo chahey karey, giselle can only attempt to protect herself. US news media didnt want americans to know what Dr. Afia has been thru. But sooner or later it WILL COME out. Dr. should write a book on her ordeal. She could make $millions and expose the govt of both US/Pak

I have never believed in US media being free anyway. I am sure in every day press briefing Black House chief of staff tells media what to withhold and what to say.
You are very right, here we actually see the nation wide collective policy, neither media or Judiciary or any other think thank is ready to bring out this news to their people, there is no point whether she would attempt to write any thing, but we as nation have seen this act with our open eyes and are more interested to care about our own benefits.

gazoomartian

abbasiali said:
gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:

bhai jaan

You are very right, here we actually see the nation wide collective policy, neither media or Judiciary or any other think thank is ready to bring out this news to their people, there is no point whether she would attempt to write any thing, but we as nation have seen this act with our open eyes and are more interested to care about our own benefits.

meri khalifa party ki himayat karo phir dekho main kaisa corruption khatam karta hoon

A

abbasiali

gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:
gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:

bhai jaan

meri khalifa party ki himayat karo phir dekho main kaisa corruption khatam karta hoon
Sarkar ab aap ney bhi lara luppa deina shuru kar diya hai,

Pehley hi kaafi hain, humain ab ek khounien inqilab ki zarourat hai, jis main yeh sarey chour dakoo saaf ho gayien

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Actually, all is not lost yet.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...govt-to-provide-legal-aid-to-aafia-520--bi-08

Zardari orders govt to provide legal aid to Aafia

ISLAMABAD: As demonstrations were held in various cities and towns of the country on Thursday in protest against an American jury verdict against Pakistani neuro-scientist Dr Aafia Siddiqui, President Asif Ali Zardari ordered the government to provide all possible legal assistance to Dr Aafia.

President Asif Ali Zardari directed the government to immediately establish contact with the family of Dr Aafia Siddiqui and provide her with possible legal assistance in the US, his office said.

Presidents spokesman Farhatullah Babar said Mr Zardari was concerned about the verdict and expressed the hope that justice will ultimately be done as the case passes through subsequent stages in the US judicial system.

At a news conference the Foreign Office spokesman, Abdul Basit, said: We are dismayed over the unexpected verdict in the Dr Aafia Siddiquis case.

He said the government would consult Dr Aafia Siddiquis family and lawyers on appeals against the conviction.

The government will do all that is needed to provide justice to Dr Siddiqui, Mr Basit said, adding the main objective was to get her back to Pakistan. He stressed everything possible would be done to get her repatriated.

gazoomartian

abbasiali said:
gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:
gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:

bhai jaan

Sarkar ab aap ney bhi lara luppa deina shuru kar diya hai,

Pehley hi kaafi hain, humain ab ek khounien inqilab ki zarourat hai, jis main yeh sarey chour dakoo saaf ho gayien

naheen bhai aisi baat naheen hai

I am very sincere in this. If I had $$ I would create Khalifa Party and run for office. There is lot more to think but got no $$$.

Khooni inqilab arzi hul hota hai bhai jaan, ussey log thorey dinon key lyey sambhal jatey hai.

I check around. Been made extremely difficult and expensive to set up a party. Only a very rich Pakistani can register a party

gazoomartian

sher_khan said:
Actually, all is not lost yet.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...govt-to-provide-legal-aid-to-aafia-520--bi-08

Zardari orders govt to provide legal aid to Aafia

ISLAMABAD: As demonstrations were held in various cities and towns of the country on Thursday in protest against an American jury verdict against Pakistani neuro-scientist Dr Aafia Siddiqui, President Asif Ali Zardari ordered the government to provide all possible legal assistance to Dr Aafia.

President Asif Ali Zardari directed the government to immediately establish contact with the family of Dr Aafia Siddiqui and provide her with possible legal assistance in the US, his office said.

Presidents spokesman Farhatullah Babar said Mr Zardari was concerned about the verdict and expressed the hope that justice will ultimately be done as the case passes through subsequent stages in the US judicial system.

At a news conference the Foreign Office spokesman, Abdul Basit, said: We are dismayed over the unexpected verdict in the Dr Aafia Siddiquis case.

He said the government would consult Dr Aafia Siddiquis family and lawyers on appeals against the conviction.

The government will do all that is needed to provide justice to Dr Siddiqui, Mr Basit said, adding the main objective was to get her back to Pakistan. He stressed everything possible would be done to get her repatriated.

zardari is trying to diffuse his own negative rating in public. Does he think he can swing the jury decision and force americans to even let Afia off the hook? I doubt it.

This is his show that he cares which is useless. He is closing the barn door after horses are gone

G

abbasiali said:
This was a great surprise for me, when I first came across with Dr Afia news on our forum, I was surprised that whole day in my office, I never saw a glimpse of this news on CNN. and still after two days I haven't heard any news on these channels, which are always starting debate on any wrong decision or any decision against humanity or against human rights, this is a very clear indication of double standard of democracy and justice in these countries, and including myself, we have no courage to raise a single word against this decision. [clap] [clap]

don,t worry abbasi bhai,Dr. afia get the support of talibaan ;)
Code:
PESHAWAR: The Afghan Taliban on Thursday demanded the release of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani scientist who has been convicted by the US court on charges of her alleged attempt to murder US soldiers in Afghanistan, and threatened to execute an American soldier they were holding currently. They claimed Aafia Siddiquis family had approached the Taliban network through a Jirga of notables, seeking their assistance to put pressure on the US to provide her justice.

Being Muslims, it becomes our religious and moral obligation to help the distressed Pakistani woman convicted by the US court on false charges, said a senior Afghan Taliban commander. The commander, whose militant network is holding the US soldier, Bowe Bergdahl, called The News from an undisclosed location in Afghanistan and threatened to execute the American trooper if their demand was not met. He claimed AafiaSiddiquis family had approached the Taliban network through a Jirga of notables, seeking their assistance to put pressure on the US to provide her justice.

We tried our best to make the family understand that our role may create more troubles for the hapless woman, who was already in trouble. On their persistent requests, we have now decided to include Dr Aafia Siddiquis name in the list of our prisoners in US custody that we delivered to Americans in Afghanistan for swap of their soldier in our custody, explained the militant commander.

He claimed family members of Dr Aafia told the Taliban leadership that they had lost all hopes in the Pakistan government and now Allah Almighty and the Taliban were their only hope. Later, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid also called The News from somewhere in Afghanistan and owned a statement given by the Taliban commander.

The militant commander alleged that the US soldier, whom his fighters kidnapped from Afghanistans Paktika province near the border with Pakistans troubled South Waziristan in June 2009, had admitted his involvement in several raids in Afghanistan. Since he has confessed to all charges against him, our Islamic court had announced death sentence for him, the Taliban leader claimed.

The same Taliban faction released a video of the captive US soldier on Christmas Day. Taliban said they had been shifting the soldier all the time due to the search operations by the US and Afghan forces. He said the only way Americans could save life of their soldier was to release 21 Afghan prisoners and the innocent Pakistani lady.

Most of their prisoners, he claimed, were being held at the Guantanamo prison. We believe that like the Israelis, the Americans would be ready soon to do any deal for taking possession of the remains of their soldier, but it would be late by then, he stressed. Dr Aafias family could not be approached for comments on the Taliban claim

gazoomartian

I am getting virus warnig on siasat tonight. Its in the advetisement window. My anitivirus is busy tonight :D

tmukhtar

Voter (50+ posts)
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/03/sid ... index.html

Above link of CNN story but pretty void of facts and basically towing state department view. It is interesting to read some sane comments at the end amongst mostly insane responses. you can also participate and post your comments.

Most importantly, all are missing the point that this crimnal proceedings were about Afia firing at the US officials (3 of them). But none of them got shot. The forensic evidence did not prove US government case that she really shot at soldiers [ no finger prints, lack of gun powder residue, different gun shot capsules]. Instead all are beating around the bushes and talking about her past, abduction, children, marriages and what not. The prosecutors could not bring enough proof and evidence to prove their case but Jury decided against the Afia/defendents. Why??? No media is reporting on it. Which is a shame!!!

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Let me tell you people at the onset that I am not trying to score any points here as the issue is between US and pakistan and involves a woman. Do you people seriously believe that he can go to a level where he will simply hand over an innocent woman for no reason and for just few dollars? And one more technical point, even if you assume that she is innocent, do you people think that he could have refused if US asked for her custody considering she is a US and not pakistani citizen.

Abdali

Senator (1k+ posts)
CNN, FOX NEWS, CANADIAN NEWS ARE UNDER THE CONTROL OF JEWS.WAKE PEOPLE.
Kangroo court in the heart of zionist capital jew yokk what else Pakistanis expect?

Coward pimp elite of Pakistan collecting Jew dollars from IMF,AKA INTERNATIONAL MURDER FUND will make you a beggar nation. Buy some courage from Iran, Korea, Venezuala ortherwise live like a SLAVE OF WHITE JEWISH CHRISTIAN INVADERS.

Revalution like iran will save Pakistan from the criminal VULTURES OF HUMANITY
THE PAKISTANI BROWN ELITE.

kapadias

MPA (400+ posts)
I THINK THIS NEWS WAS ONLY FOR PAKISTAN BECAUSE AMERICA NOW WANT TO SUPPORT THEIR SUPPORTER (ZARDARI). ACTUALLY THEY WANT MIND OF PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN TO TURN FROM THE MATTER OF NRO AND ABILITY OF PRESIDENT. SO IN THEIR OPINION NOW IT WAS THE RIGHT TIME TO DECIDE THE CASE OF AFIA SIDDIQUI THE WAY WHERE THE WHOLE PAKISTAN PUBLIC COULD BE TURNED IN HER FAVOUR AND IN THE RESULT THE MATTER OF NRO ETC. WILL BE AN OLD STORY OF THE HISTORY