Support your military in its finest hour

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Commentary: Support your military in its finest hour[/B]

Umar Waqar

Of late, the Pakistan Army has been receiving deleterious flak of criticism from friends and foes alike. I will not go into details as this charade of criticism is so loud, painful and unending that it appears there is nothing positive left to discuss about our defence forces, and as if they are some aliens from another planet. It also appears that the critics do not realise that Pakistan is in a state of war. Just to remind our readers, we are in the 21st century where the nature of war has transformed, where no formal declarations are made by governments, and where you can watch the miseries of war live from your cushy drawing rooms. If in doubt, please look at the gory pictures and videos being released from Libya, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the SMSs received from frontlines reads: You may criticise me and Pak Army for everything that has gone wrong in this country, but please dont abuse my mother, who sent me to fight for the cause of this beautiful land we call Pakistan, who sent me to face the bullets on my chest and not on my back, who sent me to remain awake the whole night so that you can sleep without fear, who sent me to bear the brunt of bone chilling and freezing cold so that you can criticize me and my commanders in your cushy drawing rooms over a cup of hot coffee or a bucket full of ice cream, who sent me to keep the star and crescent fluttering on the rugged mountains of FATA and Kashmir so that you could sing the songs of Aman ki Asha with Indian tricolour adoring your TV screens, she sent me to watch my comrades lay their lives and satiate the Pak land with pure red blood so that you could celebrate your sons graduation from an American university over a cup of pure red wine, she sent me to receive my coffin wrapped in the Green Flag so that you could stash your Swiss accounts with millions of dollars.. The SMS, not fully reproduced here for the sake of space, says a lot on our plight and perceptions; it highlighted the anti-Pakistan Army charade and sinister media campaign against the pillars of our strength have started affecting the minds of our soldiers and their commanders.

Coming back to the question of the state of war, this long war which was imposed on Pakistan has lasted for a decade now. We are fighting hidden enemies and fifth columnists; our citizens, defence institutions and installations have been directly and indirectly attacked, and the Pak Army, along with other services and ISI, has borne the brunt of this war and continues to do so. The war seems to be leading to its logical conclusion, with the US packing up and retreating; as part of the end game, Pakistan and its defence forces have to be punished for two reasons: One, being allies with the US, and second, understanding the sinister designs of the US-India-Israel troika and defending the country. So, it will continue for some time.

What do you do with your military commanders and soldiers in a state of war indeed, provide unflinching and unwavering support. Imagine the mental state of Churchill, General Montgomery and Eisenhower and the allied soldiers in World War II, if they were criticised every day from 1939 to the turn of tide in 1944 (those were the days when Churchill, even thought of fighting the Axis from far-flung British colonies and continental US, as the fall of British Islands seemed imminent), I am sure the allies would have crumbled before the might of Adolf Hitler. The British and American leadership and the media did not ask for commissions to probe every failure on part of their commanders. If you look at the list of reverses suffered by the allied commanders between 1939 and 1944, you may be amazed at the patience and perseverance of their governments and people. Churchill called this period of the Battle of Britain as Their Finest Hour and the entire British nation stood like a rock behind their military.

Whereas I firmly believe that Pakistan defence forces and ISI are passing through their Finest Hour (you may disagree with me), I would request all and sundry, including media critics, to read the SMS message from the soldiers and officers fighting on our frontlines and giving lives for this wonderful country.

They should spare the defenders of Pakistan for the time being, and let history decide if they found their finest hour in this long war - a war where foes attack you from all sides and friends clad in smart attires (and posing as well wishers of Pakistan) gnaw at your roots, laugh at every move you make and blast your defenders in every talk show.

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-...2011/Support-your-military-in-its-finest-hour

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
If the frontliner as per article is in Easter border with India , then the Border is peaceful.
If the frontliner is in S.Waziristan Border, then he is not fighting.

Otherwise, how can a frontliner write an SMS so long, and moreover the author of the story, says" The SMS, not fully reproduced here for the sake of space, says a lot on our plight and perceptions; it highlighted the anti-Pakistan Army charade and sinister media campaign against the pillars of our strength have started affecting the minds of our soldiers and their commanders."

Normally anyone who sends SMS will use short words like "Cud" for " Could" etc., and the message will be brief not a statement.

Last edited:

khawaja86

Banned
support for what??? for killing 38 innocent people in Mehmand agency just not for identifying militants, i feel shame on this crap army

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
We fully support our army and back them all the way.

Gen Kyani zindabad, if he can only get his boys/girls to take over Kashmir, Rajhistan, and haryana for starters

Unicorn

Banned

Gen Kyani zindabad, if he can only get his boys/girls to take over Kashmir, Rajhistan, and haryana for starters

Some one told him that this will be accomplished on the fifth term of Mr. Chairman and his band of Patriots. He liked the plan and maps and as a result abandoned his plan:lol:.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)

I thought your virtual internet party is going to do the job ? what happened ? Any strategic change in plan?

Austad

Councller (250+ posts)
You are the cool generation with gizmos and gadgets at your disposal, a million news channels, freedom of expression and the luxury of having an ‘opinion’. Hello new-age liberals, peace-lovers and critics of the Armed forces; You have an opinion on everything and you are standing by your conclusion that the Pakistan Armed forces are inept, incompetent and unable to defend. And lately, your argument has taken a newer flavour, something on the lines of ‘they can’t even defend their own base, let alone this country’.

I reject you and your cool posse. You are not better than the soldier/sailor who loses his life in the line of duty. How can you even begin to criticise them? For what, I ask you? For toiling in the heat all day long while you sit away logged on to your Facebook accounts, throwing flurries and flurries of opinionated diarrhoea that you just picked up from some stupid talk show hosted by channels having political alliances? Or for the fact that they spend months away from their families and loved ones, engaging in battle with the enemies of the State, not because of their hatred towards them or because they have an opinion, but because of the SIMPLE fact that the State requires them to do so, and they OBEY for the love of the land, and for the love of the country, while you hook up with an attractive female from your university and spend your time in a dimly lit caf in Zamzama talking about how the Government is ******* the nation and how “REVOLUTION” is the need of the hour? Or maybe you’re just pissed because the soldier will always be fifty notches cooler than you because he bleeds on the battlefield like a true man, while you sit away in your comfortable car and your comfortable home on a full stomach THINKING that you have made it big in life and this is as high as anyone could go?

I ask you one question. What do you have in answer to the lives that the institution loses in the name of protecting the country? What do you have that makes you better than the soldier/sailor of your own age group who goes to the battlefield to protect the country or die trying?

You may have a million arguments ready. You may have a thousand more accusations to throw. You may have historical incidents marking grave periods of darkness in Pakistan’s history, linked to the Pakistan Armed forces and you may bring up the recent influx of information on the Pakistan Army’s failures to protect the sovereignty of this country. But I have only one argument in return. We all need heroes. We all need heroes to believe in. And the boys who bleed on the battlefield or in the line of duty, just so you and I can go and waste our lives behind a computer screen in an air-conditioned room, will ALWAYS be my heroes.

I salute them; for having the courage to die for a cause.

I reject you; because you have NO CAUSE.

This goes out to all the soldiers and sailors who have lost their lives ever since Pakistan came into existence.

And for all you cool people, go ahead, throw more dirt. It’s freedom of speech. Enjoy it. That’s all you’ll ever do.

Scorpion

Banned
When this Military institution at every finest hour of this Nation has let this Nation down and in fact has shited green . . . . Than Why should I support . . . . . . For being an American Ally and killing and Bombarding own people . . . . . .

Dont try to fool through such fake SMSs . . . The war is definitly concluding to its logical end that is the Packing of the Bast*** American, however, It is the illogical siding of this Munafiq army with the Americans that is the source of all problems . . . . Sort it out or KEEP SHUT