Siyaam in the Light of Quran | Is it Obligatory to Fast the whole month of Ramadan?

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)
I would like to know how? Did he bring evidence from the bhagvat geeta aur quoted verses from the new testament?

P.S : He might look like a kid to you but he's in his mid to late 30s purely because does not dress like the regular holy men and mullahs with big unkempt bushy beards wearing all sorts of funny head gear and multi coloured chola
First, i couldnt stop laughing at ur description of regular molvi sahibaan.
Secondly, really i cant explain u much here. Really it gives me tingling in my chest.
Put it aside, let me tell u about some another interesting stuff out there. There are many of the kind these days.
There is a very famous documentary on youtube describing how muslims got it all wrong. Meaning there was no makkah or any prophet(s.a.w). And they proved it too. U should watch it. They had a proof also. But it was also ridiculous.
Hafiz sahab is also saying something like that. U will know urself someday. Just dont jump to conclusion so early. Watch the documentary.
"The mecca mystery:are muslims praying in the wrong direction." Its a Timeline history documentary.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Secondly, really i cant explain u much here.
I don't know why you keep repeating that, and also that why can't you have a discussion here? Why? If there is language issue, urdu mein baat kerlo, koi masla nahi hai? Urdu bol, pard aur likh leta houn. Only I can't type in Urdu, 1 because I never had a Urdu Keyboard and second I never learned or tried typing in urdu, so you will have to put up with my Roman urdu.
There is a very famous documentary on youtube describing how muslims got it all wrong. Meaning there was no makkah or any prophet(s.a.w). And they proved it too. U should watch it. They had a proof also.
Yes I am very familar with Dan Gibsons research and films of him trying to prove Petra is "Becca" He fails in proving the well of zam zam and almost shrugs of it off by giving a small 2 second explanation. Among many other things, this was the first I noticed.
Hafiz sahab is also saying something like that. U will know urself someday
So basically you have no real argument, you are just relying on gut feeling here. I understand, I spent almost 45 years of my life trying to be a devout traditional Muslim, starting to learn the kalimas and namaz from as young as age 6 then starting to fast around 8 or 9 and until two years ago I can't remember not fasting the entire month in any time of my life save for one year in the early 2010's where I was constantly travelling. I would even fast the extra 6 fasts of shawaal. Regular prayers, taraweeh, jumah, nafils etc etc.

But when I started to come to realization, I also felt real strange, even scared many times, thinking I'm might be becoming a murtad, but alhmadulilah over time the Quran provided answers to my Questions and biggest of all my fears.

But it was not an overnight process, it took 1.5 to 2 years and every now and then I question myself and keep my eyes and ears open as well as an open mind to seek more knowledge.

SO yeah what Hafiz saab is saying makes perfect sense more than any bearded funny chola moulvi. And I just don't take his word for it. I've lived in all my life in an Arabic speaking country so I know a thing or two about Arabic as well, so I cross check everything, not with just I know as well as other sources too. Then come to a decision.

I don't follow anyone blindly anymore

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)
I don't know why you keep repeating that, and also that why can't you have a discussion here? Why? If there is language issue, urdu mein baat kerlo, koi masla nahi hai? Urdu bol, pard aur likh leta houn. Only I can't type in Urdu, 1 because I never had a Urdu Keyboard and second I never learned or tried typing in urdu, so you will have to put up with my Roman urdu.

Yes I am very familar with Dan Gibsons research and films of him trying to prove Petra is "Becca" He fails in proving the well of zam zam and almost shrugs of it off by giving a small 2 second explanation. Among many other things, this was the first I noticed.

So basically you have no real argument, you are just relying on gut feeling here. I understand, I spent almost 45 years of my life trying to be a devout traditional Muslim, starting to learn the kalimas and namaz from as young as age 6 then starting to fast around 8 or 9 and until two years ago I can't remember not fasting the entire month in any time of my life save for one year in the early 2010's where I was constantly travelling. I would even fast the extra 6 fasts of shawaal. Regular prayers, taraweeh, jumah, nafils etc etc.

But when I started to come to realization, I also felt real strange, even scared many times, thinking I'm might be becoming a murtad, but alhmadulilah over time the Quran provided answers to my Questions and biggest of all my fears.

But it was not an overnight process, it took 1.5 to 2 years and every now and then I question myself and keep my eyes and ears open as well as an open mind to seek more knowledge.

SO yeah what Hafiz saab is saying makes perfect sense more than any bearded funny chola moulvi. And I just don't take his word for it. I've lived in all my life in an Arabic speaking country so I know a thing or two about Arabic as well, so I cross check everything, not with just I know as well as other sources too. Then come to a decision.

I don't follow anyone blindly anymore
Good for you...u know too much to be argued with. i shall pray for you and hope u do the same for ur brother in Islam(me)...
Salam.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Good for you...u know too much to be argued with.
Make up your mind, you just called me a brain dwarf. So how can I know too much
They r brain dwarfs. They cant think through anything straight.
And you still haven't answered my question
this hafiz kid and his theorem about ramazan is ridiculous
How and why is he wrong? As per you I am a rain dwarfs and cannot think straight, so please enlighten this brain dwarf who cannot think straight. What is wrong with Atif's "theorem"

And don't try to run away, because you can't say things like these and then make excuses of blah blah and run away.

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)

How and why is he wrong? As per you I am a rain dwarfs and cannot think straight, so please enlighten this brain dwarf who cannot think straight. What is wrong with Atif's "theorem"

And don't try to run away, because you can't say things like these and then make excuses of blah blah and run away.
Oh. U took me

U took me wrong.as of brain dwarf, I was referring to the hafiz, as he is the originator of this theorem in whole islamic 1400 year history. U just seem to be more of a zealot to me.
Try imagining progeny of muslim scholarship sometime. Maybe u will get a clue. Start from the very start. Not from the interpretation of some hafiz quoting quran in isolation of what all others are doing for the entire history.
Practices have continuum if there is no void in linearity of time. Think O thinker.
Salam.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
And your point is?
کذابوں کے انجام سے سبق سیکھ کر دجالوں نے اعلان نبوت کئے بغیر ہی نبی بننا شروع کرنا شروع کر دیا ہے۔ پرانی شریعت منسوخ نئی شریعت وہ بتائیں گے۔

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Practices have continuum if there is no void in linearity of time.
What you practice is not from the Quran, but from the hadith. which has a gap of over 170 to 200 years. So there goes your continuum out the window with such a big gap.
Try imagining progeny of muslim scholarship sometime.
I have and early Muslims did not follow the hadith, thats why you will also not find any hadith books in the time of the kulafa rashidun and for many generations later.

Hadith is the only "proof" you have that that you are suppose to fast the whole month (along with majority of all your traditional rituals), because the Quran clearly does not say so.

U just seem to be more of a zealot to me.
You are entitled to your opinion, have been called much worse.

hafiz quoting quran in isolation of what all others are doing for the entire history.
Quran by default is suppose to be read and understood in isolation. There is no supporting text for it, there are no "explaination" books for it, it has nothing to do with traditional and cultural practices of anyone.

And are you going to look at what the Quran says or what others have been "doing for the entire history"?

And that is a very weak argument, there are more Christians in the world, then they must be right because more in numbers mean more valid the claim according to you and it's a much older religion so then we must follow Christian beliefs.

So basically your argument why Atif or other Quran followers are wrong is because they don't follow what other Muslims have been and are doing? That argument is negated by the Quran it self.
2_170.png

And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
کذابوں کے انجام سے سبق سیکھ کر دجالوں نے اعلان نبوت کئے بغیر ہی نبی بننا شروع کرنا شروع کر دیا ہے۔ پرانی شریعت منسوخ نئی شریعت وہ بتائیں گے۔
Like I said earlier
Kabhi to zindagi mein koi aqal wali baat kerlo! Zehan pe zor do, shayad ghlati se hi koi sahi baat mou se nikal aaye, umeed to nahi hai, lekin koshish kerne mein koi harj nahi.

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)
What you practice is not from the Quran, but from the hadith. which has a gap of over 170 to 200 years. So there goes your continuum out the window with such a big gap.

I have and early Muslims did not follow the hadith, thats why you will also not find any hadith books in the time of the kulafa rashidun and for many generations later.

Hadith is the only "proof" you have that that you are suppose to fast the whole month (along with majority of all your traditional rituals), because the Quran clearly does not say so.

You are entitled to your opinion, have been called much worse.

Quran by default is suppose to be read and understood in isolation. There is no supporting text for it, there are no "explaination" books for it, it has nothing to do with traditional and cultural practices of anyone.

And are you going to look at what the Quran says or what others have been "doing for the entire history"?

And that is a very weak argument, there are more Christians in the world, then they must be right because more in numbers mean more valid the claim according to you and it's a much older religion so then we must follow Christian beliefs.

So basically your argument why Atif or other Quran followers are wrong is because they don't follow what other Muslims have been and are doing? That argument is negated by the Quran it self.
2_170.png

And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?
Just be happy. Thats all i can say. Pray for my guidance as i shall for urs. Afterall this is the month of guidance, and fasting too, no matter how many.
U can assume me running away.
Salam.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
تمہارے کسی خلیفہ نے کوئی نیا کلینڈر بنایا ہے!۔
Nahi, wohi shamsi aur qamri calender jo Nabi ke zamanay se chala aa raha hai. Arbi samaj na to chordo, tum to to Quran pardna bhi nahi aata. lekin agar1% arbi bhi aathi to tum ko pata hota ke bohat se Mahino ke naam mausaumo se taaluk rakh ta hain.

Lekin baad mein tum logon ne dandi maardi aur sara ulat pulat ho gaya, Jis mahinay ke naam sardi hai, woh kabhi garmi ke mausum mein aarha hai aur kabhi bahar ke mausam mein!!!!!

Yeh to wohi baat ho gai. Ek ijaad ki aur us ka naam heater rakh diya, lekin us mein aati thandi hawa hai. To woh heater kis kaam ka huwa?

Ramadan ka matlab hota hai shadeed garmi, Rabbi ul awal, yani pheli bahar etc etc.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Just be happy. Thats all i can say.
Because you have nothing else to say.
Afterall this is the month of guidance,
Nothing special about this month, its the practice of fasting which is important, which is in the month of Ramadan which this is not.

U can assume me running away.
Nothing really surprising. Many like you have come before you and then run away as well, Because initially everyone thinks

No 1, that the person talking is nothing but a "brain dwarf"

No 2. meh what nonsense man, this crap is so easy to debunk, I'll come in lay down a few "facts" and this guy is toast.

No 3. When you/they actually engage they find out they are way in too deep and they are sinking fast, so need to scamper fast outta here, so then comes a round of name calling, hurling abuse and then running away claiming a unilateral victory with some childish crap like. Oh you are too dumb to even talk to or you are not smart enough to understand anything so I'm leaving.

Well at least you kept the name calling to a minimum and admitted running away.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
تمہارے کسی خلیفہ نے کوئی نیا کلینڈر بنایا ہے!۔
Tum loog siraf Ramadan waghera he may kiyon Islami calendar use kartay ho?
Sara saal tu gregorian calendar use kartay ho jo kay Christian nay banwaya tha

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Like I said earlier
تم میں عقل ہوتی تو اتنا سوچ سکتے تاریخ میں کبھی ایسا ہو کے ستمبر - اکتوبر کو شهر الرمضان سمجھ کر دو تین دن روزے رکھے گئے ہوں اور اگر کوئی کسی وجہ سے دو تین بھی نا رکھ سکا ہو اس نے بعد میں گنتی پوری کی ہو. کسی دور میں، کسی ملک، شہر بستی قبیلے میں ایسا ہوا ہو. کسی مفسر، محدث، تاریخ دان نے کوئی حوالہ دیا ہو​