Ruling on organ donation

Faiza

A great conflict is running between various Islamic Scholars about Organ & Blood Donation. But in Quraan or Hadith there is no verse saying it haram or halal.

What do you think about this? Do you think its Haram Or Halal? The point is very simple. We donate our organs or blood in order to save a life. So, have ALLAH the Most-merciful or Our Prophet Muhammad (SalallahuAlayhiwassalam) forbade it? No

ALLAH encouraged us in saving a life
(Organ & Blood Donation)
through these verses.

ALLAH says : Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. [ Holy Quran, Surah Al-Maidah, Ayath 32]

organ-and-blood-donation.jpg

Is it permissable to donate organs after death - Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Salah

Is organ transplantation allowed in Islam

Dr. Zakir Naik - Is Organ Donation Permitted in Islam ?

http://islamqa.info/en/107690

Mechanical Monster

Senator (1k+ posts)
There are clear orders forbidding the cutting of dead bodies (Musla) .......... If a person donates his organism, who knows what kind of diseases may start due to this act.

tariisb

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

ہر وہ عمل جو انسان و انسانیت کے لیے بہتر ہو ، وہ حلال ہے ، جائز ہے

اب اگر اس پر بھی علماء تقسیم ہیں تو ، یہ علماء کی فرسودہ نفسیات ہے ، دنیا نے کب ؟ ان کا انتظار کیا

لاؤڈ سپیکر ، تصویر ، سے لے کر خاندانی منصوبہ بندی ، اب سب زیر استعمال ہے ، مذہبی دقیانوس وقت کے ساتھ بدل جاتے ہیں انتظار فرمائیے

kamranzk1

Senator (1k+ posts)
What is the procedure to donate organs? inshallah i will donate most of my body organs after death, please tell me someone, where to sign agreement etc?

Ali raza babar

اب اگر اس پر بھی علماء تقسیم ہیں تو ، یہ علماء کی فرسودہ نفسیات ہے ، دنیا نے کب ؟ ان کا انتظار کیا

لاؤڈ سپیکر ، تصویر ، سے لے کر خاندانی منصوبہ بندی ، اب سب زیر استعمال ہے ، مذہبی دقیانوس وقت کے ساتھ بدل جاتے ہیں انتظار فرمائیے

Kuch Saal pehlay tak Loud Speaker bhi Haraam tha in kay liaye do you remember?

Imran4ever

Councller (250+ posts)
There are clear orders forbidding the cutting of dead bodies (Musla) .......... If a person donates his organism, who knows what kind of diseases may start due to this act.
Potentially any disease could be transmitted by almost anything we do. Before doctors do transplant they do series of blood test on person they are taking organ from & also Medical world is wary of infections caused by human's body fluid so im sure there are proper checks and measures before they do it.

Admiral

What do you think about this? Do you think it’s Haram Or Halal?

Blood donation and organ donation are two different issues.

Reason:
Blood is regenerated by the body regularly and is donated only by living persons, and the donor's health is almost unharmed after donating blood. However organs once removed (e.g. heart, eye, liver, kidney) can't be regenerated naturally, and are mostly donated in cases when the donor is NOT alive anymore.

Problem with Organ donation: Back, in recent history, and in India currently, people are killed for harnessing organs. These organs are sold in hospitals, and sometimes in international organs market (when the victim is kidnapped, kept alive only to be terminated when the transplant is almost ready). This is a multi-billion dollar industry, a few minutes search on internet will reveal shocking facts about organ trade!

Blood Donation:
There is absolutely no problem with blood donation. It should be encouraged at national level.

My opinion: Technically, the organ transplant should be Halal, BUT on TWO conditions:
1. Conditions on patient's side: The patient's life is at serious risk if he doesn't receive a transplant.
Conditions on donor's side:
____2a, The donor was NOT forced/bought for this purpose,
____2b. He was NOT murdered for organ harnessing
____2c. His physical and mental health is NOT at risk after donation (especially considering ageing effect, which deteriorates the health in elderly).
____2d. Donor and a medical panel must appear in court to declare the willingness of donor and health consequences the donor will have to face later on in his life, after donation.

Last edited:

Khair Andesh

جمہور علماء کے نذدیک یہ حرام ہے۔
انسان کو اللہ تعالیٰ نے مکرم بنایا ہے اور یہ بات انسانی شرافت و تکریم کے بالکل منافی ہے کہ اس کے اعضاء کو کاٹ تراش کرکے استعمال کیا جائے،
نسان اپنے اعضاء کا خود مالک نہیں، اسی وجہ سے انسان کو جس طرح خود کشی کرنا حرام ہے اسی طرح اپنا کوئی عضون کسی دوسرے کو رضاکارانہ طور پر بلامعاوضہ دینا بھی حرام ہے، فقہاء نے قرآن وسنت کی واضح نصوص کی بنا پر فرمایا ہے کہ جو شخص بھوک پیاس سے مررہا ہو اس کے لیے مردار جانور اور ناجائز چیزوں کا کھانا پینا تو بقدر ضرورت جائز ہوجاتا ہے، مگر یہ بات اس وقت بھی جائزنہیں ہوتی کہ کسی دوسرے انسان کا گوشت کھالے اور نہ کسی انسان کے لیے جائز ہے کہ وہ اپنا گوشت یا کوئی عضو دوسرے انسان کو بخش دے کیونکہ خرید و فروخت یا بخشش و ہدیہ اپنی ملک میں ہوسکتا ہے، اعضائے انسانی اس کی ملک نہیں جو وہ کسی کو دے سکے۔

Admiral

جمہور علماء کے نذدیک یہ حرام ہے۔
مردار جانور اور ناجائز چیزوں کا کھانا پینا تو بقدر ضرورت جائز ہوجاتا ہے، مگر یہ بات اس وقت بھی جائزنہیں ہوتی کہ کسی دوسرے انسان کا گوشت کھالے
! جان بچانے کے لیے مردار جائز ہو جاتا ہے، کیا اس میں صرف مردار جانور شامل ہے ؟؟ مطلب، مردہ انسان شامل نہیں

Khair Andesh

! جان بچانے کے لیے مردار جائز ہو جاتا ہے، کیا اس میں صرف مردار جانور شامل ہے ؟؟ مطلب، مردہ انسان شامل نہیں
نہ زندہ نہ مردہ۔

Last edited:

Faiza

Blood donation and organ donation are two different issues.

Reason:
Blood is regenerated by the body regularly and is donated only by living persons, and the donor's health is almost unharmed after donating blood. However organs once removed (e.g. heart, eye, liver, kidney) can't be regenerated naturally, and are mostly donated in cases when the donor is NOT alive anymore.

Problem with Organ donation: Back, in recent history, and in India currently, people are killed for harnessing organs. These organs are sold in hospitals, and sometimes in international organs market (when the victim is kidnapped, kept alive only to be terminated when the transplant is almost ready). This is a multi-billion dollar industry, a few minutes search on internet will reveal shocking facts about organ trade!

Blood Donation:
There is absolutely no problem with blood donation. It should be encouraged at national level.

My opinion: Technically, the organ transplant should be Halal, BUT on TWO conditions:
1. Conditions on patient's side: The patient's life is at serious risk if he doesn't receive a transplant.
Conditions on donor's side:
____2a, The donor was NOT forced/bought for this purpose,
____2b. He was NOT murdered for organ harnessing
____2c. His physical and mental health is NOT at risk after donation (especially considering ageing effect, which deteriorates the health in elderly).
____2d. Donor and a medical panel must appear in court to declare the willingness of donor and health consequences the donor will have to face later on in his life, after donation.

Any concern related to organ donation is already mention in the thread

Here is the link for detailed explanation

http://islamqa.info/en/107690

Faiza

For the members who are living in GTA, I am posting an e-mail of someone who urgently needs a liver for her daughter

My daughter Fatima is very sick and admitted to the Transplant special care unit if Toronto General Hospital waiting for a Liver.She needs a Liver soon.
She has been listed for a transplant for the last 3 years and 7 months and has been at the top of the list since 2013.The reason she is not receiving a Liver yet is that she has a blood group which is the rarest here and the most common among ethnic immigrants including South Asians.Since us South Asians do not register for organ donation if our children and family members need an organ they have to wait for a very long time and sometimes too long. In 2012 i started researching about the permissibility of organ donation in islam and found out that nearly all scholars today have permitted and promoted life saving organ donation as it has become a very successful way to save lives of many people who will otherwise die.

After my research and prayers for guidance i decided to raise awareness for organ donation in our community and joined my ailing daughter with me .so that she can join the way for the miracle which which might save her's and many others lives. Fatima , despite her increasingly failing health stood bravely with me and worked hard to raise awareness for importance of registering for organ donation through speeches and social media.

Now that she is unable to do either because of the advancement of her disease and a liver now struggling to survive , I am inshallah renewing my efforts still keeping hope and Tawakkul on Allah (SWT),by organizing a walk to raise awareness for the importance of organ donation in Toronto where Fatima is admitted with the help of a 'Torch if Life' campaign.

I want to ask all of my sisters and their families from Mississauga, Brampton, Milton , Oakville and Toronto to participate in this walk and campaign which we are calling ' Fatima's Hope'

It is inshallah scheduled for Wednesday September 17th and will take place from Queens Park Legislative (Provincial ) Assembly building to Toronto General Hospital in Toronto which is not a very long distance .The time is between 12 00 noon to 2 00 pm to accommodate the lunch hour of those who work in Toronto.

http://www.moh.gov.my/images/gallery/orga/edu/awam/Organ_TranIsmEN.pdf

http://www.islamicvoice.com/august.98/fiqh.htm

http://www.islamopediaonline.org/fatwa/fatwa-permissibility-organ-donation

Jazakallahu khairan

A walk to raise awareness for the importance of organ donation is scheduled for Wednesday September 17th which will take place from Queens Park Legislative (Provincial ) Assembly building to Toronto General Hospital in Toronto ( not a very long distance).

The time is between 12 00 noon to 2 00 pm to accommodate the lunch hour of those who work in Toronto.
All of you are requested to make every effort to be there for this important cause.