Question of PMIK relations with establishment....

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hmm, maybe Nawaz and Maryam would have better luck if they actually had a money trail and answers to the panama case. I guess they must have lost some votes and support when it was evident that they had no credible defense on the panama cases.

I guess not that many people were fooled by the vote ko izzat do drama, just like not many people are being fooled by bilawal's train ride.

Oh well....what can you do...
If they had good relationship with establishment then there was no issue at all. Establishment have to disqualify him on Aqama which has nothing to do with Panama. After disqualification if Nawaz & Maryam had not started a all out war against establishment then Shahbaz Sharif was obvious choice as still PML(N) was the most popular party in all surveys plus they were winning all by-elections as well. When Maryam & Nawaz went all out against establishment and Shahbaz refused to split the party then Khan was only choice left for establishment. As time will go; there will be differences with establishment & Khan and will create a space between establishment and PML(N). As Shahbaz on front being opposition leader and PML(N) president is getting close and close with establishment and Maryam & Nawaz are in the background. Whenever it will be elections now Shahbaz will be PM candidate and Maryam & Nawaz will run campaign for him.

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hmm, maybe Nawaz and Maryam would have better luck if they actually had a money trail and answers to the panama case. I guess they must have lost some votes and support when it was evident that they had no credible defense on the panama cases.

I guess not that many people were fooled by the vote ko izzat do drama, just like not many people are being fooled by bilawal's train ride.

Oh well....what can you do...
All surveys were showing PML(N) ahead despite Nawaz disqualification. PML(N) was winning all bi-elections as well. When establishment started political engineering by putting PML(N) people in jail and others by opening cases, slowly PTI vote bank came close to PML(N). I am seeing elections since 1988 and it is second time that establishment has interfered so much for their favourite party in democratic set up. Other occasion was 1990 when IJI was formed against Benazir and IJI's PM choice was Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi from Sindh but later on Nawaz Sharif came as front runner from Punjab. I have seen so many games last thirty years; time will come when Khan himself will say that my hands are tied and real power rests in the hands of establishment.