Parenting Fail Lead Sri Lankan Muslim Girl Turn To Christianity

P4kistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
How Allah brought me to Islam

file-16-1436870105023080300.jpg

Talib Abdul Ahad grew up believing that Jesus (peace be upon him) was not only the son of God but also God himself. He came in contact with Islam after reading an article in a 1979 National Geographic about an American Muslims Haj. He later studied Islam, and embraced it after he was convinced of the veracity of its truth, he says in this narrative.

I WAS born of parents whose religion was Christianity and their denomination was Southern Baptist.
My parents began going to church very shortly after I was born. From the time I was a small child I was taught stories from the Bible, of the various Prophets (peace be upon them all).
I grew up believing that Jesus (peace be upon him) was not only the son of God but also God himself. I attended Sunday school, 12 Oclock Worship (or big church as we called it) and Wednesday church regularly.
I was often faced with many questions as I read and heard the stories of the Bible. The answers to many of these puzzling questions left my fellow friends and myself in even more confusion. These questions augmented, as I grew older. By the time I was 12, I was able to come up with wild confabulations in an attempt to rid myself of these difficult inquiries.
At that age, after making a serious attempt to read the New Testament and understand it, I began to see that little of these laws were being followed. I also noticed the multiple contradictions in the Old Testament and New Testament text. It became more evident that if God was truly the Revealer of the entire Bible then He was rebuking and detesting Himself for the laws He revealed earlier (God forbid).
But, I was persuaded to develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ after reading the so-called 4 Gospels and a lot of Christian literature many times. I was still nervous about the decision I was making on the day of my Baptism. The pastor asked if I was feeling OK after noticing my nervousness and I lied by saying that I was fine.
At the age of 13, I became very evangelical around some non-Christians. I would often scold Christians for not following the way of Jesus (peace be upon him). Many of these corrections were for things that I myself was doing.
A year and a few months passed and I began studying literature that was in opposition to Christianity (mostly atheist literature). I had become so foolish that I thought there was no possible reason for anyone not to accept Christianity and I thought that the only reason they would ever be anything else was that they had not learned about Jesus (peace be upon him) or were complete idiots.
My opinion changed as I read of how unreliable the Christian texts were and how little the evidence was to prove the existence of a Jesus 2,000 years ago. The responses to the criticism by atheist scholars were weak.
I became even more convinced that the Jesus written about in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John was nothing more than multiple myths put together. I was also convinced that the Bible had no real proof of it being from a divine source.
I began questioning the existence of God and after that time I became an agnostic (atheist will not claim me, saying that if I was truly an atheist at that time I would have never became a Muslim). I began to read about the religion of Islam among some other religions. I was very suspicious at first. I was raised thinking that Muslims were all terrorists seeking to oppress women and cause violence.
I only knew that they believed in one God and that Islam was a very strict religion. This is how almost all Christian children think of Islam, there are probably those who do not know that Muslims believe in a God at all. These myths carry on into adulthood. Perhaps my first real interest in Islam came after reading an article in a 1979 National Geographic about an American Muslims Haj. I was unaware that there was such a thing as non-Arab Muslims.
I was taught that the terms Islam and Arab were the same in school. I read about some events from the Prophet Muhammads (peace be upon him) life in the article and began a month long study of the Quran and Sunnah.
After studying the Quran, authentic Hadith, listening to khutbahs, and reading lectures/articles of scholars, I became very attracted to the simplicity, clarity, and beauty of the message of Islam.
When studying the life of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) I read the charges and refutations of the charges against the integrity of Allahs Apostle (peace be upon him).
I decided to embrace Islam and made my Shahadah.
I have been growing in faith since then but still make many mistakes and forget my duty to Allah. InshaAllah, I will learn from these mistakes.

Courtesy: onislam.net

ali-raj

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Is ki khujli khatam nahin ho rahee ho gee, is liye christian ho gaee. Tarbiyat ka koi taluq nahin ho ga.

Aisay bhi haan , jin ki koi tarbiyat nahin, par zehni milan achai ki taraf tha, tu mazhabi ho gayee. aur aisay bhi hain, jo Imam Masjid ki aulad hai, Mufti ki aulad hai, sirf Haram kaam he kartey hian.

imran_hosein_fan

Minister (2k+ posts)
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. AL QURAN (2:256)

Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.(2:257)

pti4pakistan

Senator (1k+ posts)
I haven't see the video, but I can you that being a father and living in the west myself, one has to first become an example-airy Muslim first and then teach the kids. Additionally the teachings must be soft and not overwhelming. I know of many parents here who enforce the teachings of Islam very forcefully causing in some case for the kids to rebel. Remember our Rasoul (SAW) was soft and taught Islam with logic and example.

As per this girl who went to Christiani, it is my belief that Christianity is also from God All Mighty; so she will be fine. Quit worrying about other and worry about yoursel.

May Allah Pak bless all you as wellas this girl.

Eid Mubarak to All

sishehzad

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
This girl seems crazy hi her head. needs some mental help.
She is going around telling the whole world that my father and brother are trying to kill me. It was media's responsibilty to have taken her parents point of view too.

Islamabadi1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Most muslim families who CHOOSE to migrate to western (especialy USA/CANADA) lose their religion by the 3rd generation. According to statistics 10% lose it in 1st generation migrants...40% of second generation lose it and by the time your 3rd generation grows up 80% will have completely lost their religion and have assimilated

paki_

Banned
This girl seems crazy hi her head. needs some mental help.
She is going around telling the whole world that my father and brother are trying to kill me. It was media's responsibilty to have taken her parents point of view too.
she is right about her brother and father trying to kill her, because the punishment for leaving islam is death