NEC sets highest ever PSDP spending of Rs 1001 billion for 2017-18

back to the future

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
All this is to buy votes in General Election.And that's why they don't want to resign or go before spending and ensuring their win in General Election.

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Good to know that you recognize few of the facts I mentioned as being true indicators.
You are right the Govt has badly failed to significantly increase the tax net. This is 100% naalaiqi of Govt. However there was one serious attempt in late 2015 using the banks. But look at the Munafiqat of IK.

http://92newshd.tv/imran-khan-annou...nst-withholding-tax-on-august-1/#.WSB7oGgrLIU

Why the heck he did this. Whether right or wrong it was going to help Pakistan. Now You are surprised why does your IK not impress me ????. I can see the Munafiqat which you all close the eye on.
Now is the election year. And Dookandar are the main source of PMLN voters bank. They will never stir them up now. So one thanks to IK for successfully stopping one good try for a good change.
For your point on missing the targets. You are looking at another thing in a perfect Imrani style, without facts and figures. Just a buzz word style. If I also talk in the air I can ask you "What if the targets were too high" -- "Was there nothing achieved". If you want to talk further on this please come with some figures so that I can analyse what you are saying is factual or not.

And you did not tell me anything about IKs industrial policy. I need to know who should I trust. Is he visionary enough to give what a sur phira like me expects from a leader. Remember I have an alternate in which I am quite impressed from one who has courage who translated a centyry old concept of silk road to reality in terms of CPEC. Tell me why should I trust IK? what he has presented so far?

Improvement of economy reflects directly in the health of commercial market, which is usually quite evident and is easily measured with tax revenue. In our country this govt including all pervious one's have failed to bring the commercial market in the tax bracket. So basically we don;t have the tools to measure our economy properly. This itself is a huge failure.

OK, You are right, these are 2 very good indicators. Do you know that the govt has failed to achieve its target of GDP growth consistently for the last 4 years. Do you also know that these targets were not given by an external party, they were set by the govt themselves.

These are some excellent news.
Micro financing has been a struggling sector for Pakistan compared to more developing countries and the influx of cash has actually improved this market. 40% growth is because just a year ago we were struggling. So the growth number looks very big. Btw Bangladesh is a major player of Asia in micro financing for the last 20 years.

Stock Market performance has improved a lot. Btw we are not top 5 performing market. We are not even in the top 50.
Our growth was high. Our govt deserves the credit, so does the army for making Pakistan more secure. Also 2 international factors have played their role in this growth, firstly the Afghan war ended, secondly the global financial crisis went away. So to say that democracy or PMLN govt improved the stock market would be a severe overstatement.

They are talking about reduced exports. Not about he imbalance. Currently Pakistan is exporting less than what it used to do in the times of our honourable ex-President Mr. Asif Ali Zardari's tenure & way less than what they used to export in Musharraf's tenure. If the opposition is complaining about it, I believe it is their job to point out govt inefficiencies.

The indicators are never taken independently and out of context. They should be read with comparison to historical and competitive performances. So while you might enjoy the news you read today, believe me take out a newspaper 10,15, 20 years ago. You will see that our country was always progressing. Ground realities are different.

Only one question I will ask from you. Which is going to become a major major question for Ik in near future. He has riled a province for 4 years. With NFC, his province is free to decide what ever. What has he done to revive industry in KPK. How many Industrial zones has he announced. Where is his industrial plan which could have made improvement in the lives of poors in KPK.
[/QUOTE]

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Good to know that you recognize few of the facts I mentioned as being true indicators.
You are right the Govt has badly failed to significantly increase the tax net. This is 100% naalaiqi of Govt. However there was one serious attempt in late 2015 using the banks. But look at the Munafiqat of IK.

http://92newshd.tv/imran-khan-annou...nst-withholding-tax-on-august-1/#.WSB7oGgrLIU

Why the heck he did this. Whether right or wrong it was going to help Pakistan. Now You are surprised why does your IK not impress me ????. I can see the Munafiqat which you all close the eye on.
Now is the election year. And Dookandar are the main source of PMLN voters bank. They will never stir them up now. So one thanks to IK for successfully stopping one good try for a good change.
For your point on missing the targets. You are looking at another thing in a perfect Imrani style, without facts and figures. Just a buzz word style. If I also talk in the air I can ask you "What if the targets were too high" -- "Was there nothing achieved". If you want to talk further on this please come with some figures so that I can analyse what you are saying is factual or not.

And you did not tell me anything about IKs industrial policy. I need to know who should I trust. Is he visionary enough to give what a sur phira like me expects from a leader. Remember I have an alternate in which I am quite impressed from one who has courage who translated a centyry old concept of silk road to reality in terms of CPEC. Tell me why should I trust IK? what he has presented so far?
Balle shera chak de phattay, so your entire hatred of Ik is based around that one statement he made 3 years ago. Suban Allah, NS aur us ki wazir jo din ke 1000 asi bongiyan aur jhoot maarte hain woh janab ko sunai hi nahi dete. Classic case of motivated ignorance. Aur Silk Road wala bhanda to phele hi phord chuka houn in a previous post to us pe doobara baat kerne ki koi took nahi ban ti.

Kam az kam Bhugz-e-Imran Khan ke liye koi sahi sa bahana to dhoond lena tha na.

P.S : Thordi reseach ker liya karo sirf jo leaderon se ratta lagate ho wohi yahan likh dete ho. The Silk Road is not a century old concept. Its over 2000 yr old reality it was the route taken by Chinese traders who traded more and more westwards and one the most precious good traded on this route was Chinese Silk hence the name Silk Road. Id ko bi tum takloo sharfuu ke khate mein dalne se baaz nahi aaye.

RajaRawal111

تمہارے چھوٹےےےےے سے پالے سے چنو منو ذہین کو گلے لگا کر للا لوری دینے کا دل کرتا ہے جو لفظوں کو پکڑ کر ان پر ڈائپر بھرنا شروع کرنا دیتا ہے - تمہارے رنگیلے کی صرف ایک یہی کرتوت نہیں تھی منافقت کی اور بھی داستانیں ہیں - پر تم اسی پر تسلی سے اپنے ذھن سے ڈائپر بھروا لو ابھی باقی پھر کسی وقت سہی

Balle shera chak de phattay, so your entire hatred of Ik is based around that one statement he made 3 years ago. Suban Allah, NS aur us ki wazir jo din ke 1000 asi bongiyan aur jhoot maarte hain woh janab ko sunai hi nahi dete. Classic case of motivated ignorance. Aur Silk Road wala bhanda to phele hi phord chuka houn in a previous post to us pe doobara baat kerne ki koi took nahi ban ti.

Kam az kam Bhugz-e-Imran Khan ke liye koi sahi sa bahana to dhoond lena tha na.

P.S : Thordi reseach ker liya karo sirf jo leaderon se ratta lagate ho wohi yahan likh dete ho. The Silk Road is not a century old concept. Its over 2000 yr old reality it was the route taken by Chinese traders who traded more and more westwards and one the most precious good traded on this route was Chinese Silk hence the name Silk Road. Id ko bi tum takloo sharfuu ke khate mein dalne se baaz nahi aaye.

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
تمہارے چھوٹےےےےے سے پالے سے چنو منو ذہین کو گلے لگا کر للا لوری دینے کا دل کرتا ہے جو لفظوں کو پکڑ کر ان پر ڈائپر بھرنا شروع کرنا دیتا ہے - تمہارے رنگیلے کی صرف ایک یہی کرتوت نہیں تھی منافقت کی اور بھی داستانیں ہیں - پر تم اسی پر تسلی سے اپنے ذھن سے ڈائپر بھروا لو ابھی باقی پھر کسی وقت سہی

ok, so he is standing in support with traders over WithHolding Tax imposed by govt.

Now obviously your statements clearly identifies that you are not aware of what WHT is? So your opinion on this matter is prejudice with hatred of IK rather than interest of Pakistanis.

Simple answer is this is an additional tax to companies who are already paying their tax. This particular tax was imposed on withdrawing money from bank. So companies who are already paying tax have to pay additional tax while withdrawing money from bank. Companies who are not paying tax will still not be paying tax.

You should actually support IK for taking a stand on this.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
yaani ke sirf bakwas aur tur tur ke elawa tumaray pass aur kuch nahi

RajaRawal111

ok, so he is standing in support with traders over WithHolding Tax imposed by govt.

Now obviously your statements clearly identifies that you are not aware of what WHT is? So your opinion on this matter is prejudice with hatred of IK rather than interest of Pakistanis.

Simple answer is this is an additional tax to companies who are already paying their tax. This particular tax was imposed on withdrawing money from bank. So companies who are already paying tax have to pay additional tax while withdrawing money from bank. Companies who are not paying tax will still not be paying tax.

You should actually support IK for taking a stand on this.

Kesi baat kur Rahey ho Munawar. Looking at the partial things. Do you know it was actually a drive to bring people into the tax net. It was 0.6% for traders with no tax no and 0.3% for once with tax no. It was not additional tax. Traders were to claim it at time of filing. I reslh dont know why the heck IK opposed.
And that reply was for Citizen X not for you. Us ka aur mera special pyaar he.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Kesi baat kur Rahey ho Munawar. Looking at the partial things. Do you know it was actually a drive to bring people into the tax net. It was 0.6% for traders with no tax no and 0.3% for once with tax no. It was not additional tax. Traders were to claim it at time of filing. I reslh dont know why the heck IK opposed.
And that reply was for Citizen X not for you. Us ka aur mera special pyaar he.
All your lame attempts fall flat on their faces. It was a well known strike by the traders for a unfair 0.6% tax on all banking transactions over 50,000rps and IK announced support for it and he was 100% correct in doing so. The lame Noora govt fails to bring people into the tax net, instead its keeps increasing the tax burden on people who are already paying it or introducing new stupid taxes.

Distorting the facts, koi aap se seekhay. It wasn't a drive and serious attempt by the banks to bring people into the tax net, it was just a new and unfair tax for any banking transaction of above 50,000 rps as mentioned earlier, secondly there was no 0.6% for Non Tax payers and 0.3% for Tax payers. It was started at 0.6% for everyone and after people protested it was reduced to 0.3%. This was just another cheap attempt by Ishaq Dollar to balance the books by introducing new taxes instead of increasing the tax net.

Jhoot bolo to kam az kam asa bolo ke itni asani se nahi pakara jaye

https://www.dawn.com/news/1197928

https://www.dawn.com/news/1205791

RajaRawal111

بیٹا جی آپ اس وقت کی کہانی سنا رہے ہو جب گند پر چکا تھا - اصل میں یہ لوگوں کو ٹیکس نیٹ میں لانے کی کوشش تھی چاہے بھونڈی ہی سہی - اور اس میں ٹیکس ریٹ فایلرز اور نون فایلرز کے لئے فرق تھا - اب بھی یہی اصول لاگو ہے

[h=2]Govt to increase WHT rates for non-filers of tax[/h]MUBARAK ZEB KHAN[COLOR=#7D7D7D !important]UPDATED MAY 31, 2016 07:44AM[/COLOR]

Like35

12 COMMENTS
EMAIL
PRINT

ISLAMABAD: The government is set to increase the rate of around 30 withholding taxes (WHT) for those who do not file their income tax returns, in the budget announcement later this week.
An official source privy to the budget-making told Dawn on Monday that two major decisions have been taken in this regard — first, the existing WHT rates will be further increased and, second, the concept of higher rates will be extended to a maximum number of sectors.
“We have decided to raise WHT for non-filers for segments that were not previously covered,” the source said.
According to a Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) document, higher withholding tax rates apply for non-filers in 18 sectors, including tax on dividend; banking transactions other than through cash; purchase of immovable property; sales to retailers; sales to distributors, dealers and wholesale; immoveable property; tax on motor vehicle; brokerage and commission; tax on private motor vehicles; cash withdrawal from a bank; petroleum products; transport services; payment for goods and services; profit on debt; and dividend income.
ADVERTISEMENT

The PML-N government introduced the tool to encourage documentation of the economy, but it has emerged as a leading source of revenue generation.
There are certain imports on which the government has introduced the higher rates for non-filers. In the next budget, more imports will be brought under this regime. In the withholding tax on payments to non-resident Pakistanis, the higher rates for non-filers will also be extended further in the budget.
The source said the rates of the existing withholding taxes would be slightly increased to encourage people to file their returns in the next fiscal year.
“This concept of higher rates for non-filers has helped FBR to mobilise resources,” FBR official spokesman Dr Muhammad Iqbal told Dawn. He said the rates would be further increased in the budget to document the economy.
On bank transaction tax, the spokesperson said no change would be made in the law in the upcoming budget. He said the 0.6pc tax on banking transactions exceeding Rs50,000 a day would remain the same even after the budget. The lower rate of 0.4pc is applicable in the light of decisions of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC).
According to the FBR document, the higher rates of withholding taxes for non-filers are expected to be introduced for transactions by the Pakistan Mercantile Exchange Limited (minimum tax); education-related expenses remitted aboard; payment to resident for use of machinery and equipment; bonus shares issued by companies not quoted on stock exchange; bonus shares issued by companies quoted on stock exchange; tax on purchase of international air ticket/domestic ticket; tax on dealers, commission agents and arhtis; and collection of advance tax by educational institution.
Higher WHT for non-filers is also likely on advance tax on cable operators and other electronics; tax on foreign produced TV plays and serials; tax on function and gathering; sale by auction; telephone; tax on steel melters, re-rollers etc; electricity bill of domestic consumers; electricity bill of commercial and industrial consumers; CNG gas station bill; collection of tax by stock exchange; withdrawal of balance under pension fund; prizes and winnings; and income from property.
The source said that it was not necessary that higher rates apply to all mentioned segments simultaneously, but maximum areas would be covered in the budget 2016-17.
In the 1990s, withholding taxes were introduced to identify tax evaders. However, this concept of taxation has been eroded over time. Instead, it has become an easy tool for tax collection. If anything, heavy reliance on withholding taxes is making the income tax department irrelevant.
Published in Dawn, May 31st, 2016

All your lame attempts fall flat on their faces. It was a well known strike by the traders for a unfair 0.6% tax on all banking transactions over 50,000rps and IK announced support for it and he was 100% correct in doing so. The lame Noora govt fails to bring people into the tax net, instead its keeps increasing the tax burden on people who are already paying it or introducing new stupid taxes.

Distorting the facts, koi aap se seekhay. It wasn't a drive and serious attempt by the banks to bring people into the tax net, it was just a new and unfair tax for any banking transaction of above 50,000 rps as mentioned earlier, secondly there was no 0.6% for Non Tax payers and 0.3% for Tax payers. It was started at 0.6% for everyone and after people protested it was reduced to 0.3%. This was just another cheap attempt by Ishaq Dollar to balance the books by introducing new taxes instead of increasing the tax net.

Jhoot bolo to kam az kam asa bolo ke itni asani se nahi pakara jaye

https://www.dawn.com/news/1197928

https://www.dawn.com/news/1205791

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
بیٹا جی آپ اس وقت کی کہانی سنا رہے ہو جب گند پر چکا تھا - اصل میں یہ لوگوں کو ٹیکس نیٹ میں لانے کی کوشش تھی چاہے بھونڈی ہی سہی - اور اس میں ٹیکس ریٹ فایلرز اور نون فایلرز کے لئے فرق تھا - اب بھی یہی اصول لاگو ہے

FAIL ! Puttri this news article is almost after a year of the the Traders strike of the then new tax on banking transaction.

and no matter what these people will not file taxes until Govt is corruption free or at least to a big extent is free from corruption. Instead of trying to force people into paying taxes, increasing taxes or introducing new taxes, go after the root cause as to why people don't pay taxes in the first place. And all of this is just a band aid on a bullet would, go after the root cause biggest root cause is people know there money will just be wasted on lining the pockets of the corrupts and they will never ever see a single rupee used for their benfit, when the people are assured their money will be used wisely and for their benefit people wont have many issues filing tax returns. When they see there is law and order, good education for their children, good health care for everyone, efficient govt departments working in favour of the public, good sewerage systems etc etc they will not mind paying taxes just like in the west. And leaders lead by example, look at your leaders tax history, its laughable at he very least.

And this whole argument was for your willing ignorance on the reason why you hate Imran Khan and that argument has been blown out of the water, that Imran Khan was 100% right in supporting the traders strike for an unjustified new tax. Which just leaves you hanging high and dry exposing your empty hatred of Imran Khan only because he speaks the truth about you corrupt leaders. This is just lolipops you give to yourself to justify your hatred, so somehow you have moral high ground for your bais and you don't look so shallow to your own self.