Music is Haram? by 10 Famous Muslim Preachers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Mullah copy paste................. what do you say about a family ruling a state..........plz only from quran and hadyt.................

what do you say about a group who chooses anthor identity from islam i.e muslim ????????? as a result of which saudia came into being ???????? plz quran and hadyt only.

Samar, Why are you becoming personal? I never been personal to you. All you are doing showing your intellect after posting uncivilized and illogical posts.

Could you tell me that why are you not happy when I posted almost all hadeeths related to Music found in two authentic Books of Hadiths (Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)?

Why do think quoting Hadeeths against the believe of your Peer is copy and paste?

I am presenting authentic hadeeths from Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari to show permissibility or relaxation of playing music by small girls during Eid or marriage ceremony inside their home (not publicly).

If you like to participate logically and intellectually then you must present authentic Hadeeth (if any) from Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim suggesting otherwise.

Regarding family rule in Saudia, it is a separate topic. You may open a new thread to discuss.

Last edited:

Serving Islam

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Music is Halal & Allowed in Islam[ Sahih Bukhari & Muslim Hadith]

Music which incites the love of Allah, His Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????), Owliya, and that of country (or Jihad) etc does not come under the category of haram. Almost every Hadith which talks against music also speaks against drinking (alcohol), doing zina with girls etc. So these Ahadith criticize that kind of music which can arouse sexual desires and can lead a person to drinking and zina etc. The music used in Qawali etc doesnt arouse sexual desires, but incites the love of Allah and His Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????), so it does not come under the prohibited category There are many events where music was played in the presence of the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) and he didnt forbid it. As the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) cannot allow a haram thing in his presence, so music is not haram (according to those scholars). 3. On some occasions, when some Sahabi tried to stop someone from playing music, the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) asked them to continue with their music. This kind of acceptance was not possible for a haram act . 4. At some marriage occasions the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) ordered Sahaba to play some music and said that the difference between a marriage and zina is music (which serves as an announcement of that marriage).
click here for more
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27AFA1F15CF3489B&feature=viewall

Doctorplato

Councller (250+ posts)
Alright...you might be better than me but then why you ask such questions? Only becuase I want to show the reasonable face of Islam...you think I am not a muslim!
Its not up to you decide whether you are better than me or any other

Self praising and self certification mentality

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear friends, islam is all about freedom, justice, fairness, compassion, brotherhood, progress and prosperity for mankind. If anything clashes with these goals and precepts or values then no doubt it is haraam but if it does not then it is up to ummah to decide the matter and ummah has to decide it in such a way that it does not cause any harm to ummah at least or that it brings most possible benefit to ummah at most.

Music cannot be forbidden on basis of some ahadith that are taken out of context. In islam all is ok save things that are clearly forbidden and all forbidden things have reason and that reason is mainly because they cause more harm than good. All things that cause less harm than benefit are ok and that is because things always have unwanted or undesired side effects and byproducts and some more than others.

This is why the quran and ahadith need to be understood properly in their context.

It is not things that are haraam but their use in some respect.

If people ignore laws, their purposes and the situations and circumstances in which they apply then whatever they say about things is just silly and senseless.

Islam is a principle based system not just random instructions floating around that anyone could take in any direction.

So please learn islam properly so that you are not confused yourselves and you help remove confusions of others.

Music per se is not haraam but if one uses it inappropriately then yes. In-appropriation can occur even in speech, writing and even in actions so it is inappropriation that is problem not muslic. Doing what is right at any given time in any given place is the right thing to do.

regards and all the best.

Last edited:

ammar26

MPA (400+ posts)
Alright...you might be better than me but then why you ask such questions? Only becuase I want to show the reasonable face of Islam...you think I am not a muslim!

I already mentioned
DON'T TAKE ME WRONG

Just asked a simple question

FYI i'm not here to learn ISLAM from you or need to see any reasonable face of Islam, I learn fom Quran and Sunnah and in my opinion Quran and Sunnah is best source

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
Below is my 2 cents.

I think music is similar to what is being said about the alcohol.
Alcohol also can be used for healthy reasons but the bad it causes surpasses the goods. Thats the reason it is Haraam.
Similarly, hip hop, bollywood etc.. music now a days causes more harm than good and thats the reason scholars concluded that it is Haraam.

Also, I believe most of you would agree on this that you would not find music cds in the car of a person who regularly listens to Qur'an and similarly, you wont find Qur'an cd in the car of a person who loves listening to music. People who generally listen to music would not feel comfortable listening to Qur'an and people who listens to Qur'an dont feel comfortable listening to the music and I think, this phenomenon is not just a co-incidence.

Music can easily take one away from remembrance of Allah SWT. I have seen quite few people who were musicians but after turning towards Islam they left music too, and they dont have any regret either. All these pop and hip hop so called stars have sold their soul to devil and they are doing and pronmoting all the activities that Allah has forbidden us to do. Be it alcohol, drugs, fornication or devil worshipping or be condescending towards women and treat them like just meat and animal.

Last edited:

Serving Islam

Hadiths Prophibitting Music are Weak : Fatwa by Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi :

Although the hadith prohibiting Music is in Sahih Al-Bukhari, its chain of transmission is not connected to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and this invalidates its authenticity. Ibn Hazm rejects it for that very reason. Moreover, the sub-narrator, Hisham Ibn `Ammar is declared ‘weak' by many scholars of the Science of Hadith Methodology.

Besides, this hadith does not clearly prohibit the use of musical instruments, for the phrase 'consider as lawful,' according to Ibn Al-`Arabi, has two distinct meanings:

First : Such people think all these (the things mentioned) are lawful.

Second : They exceed the proper limits that should be observed in using these instruments. If the first meaning is intended, such people would be thus disbelievers.

In fact, the hadith in hand dispraises the manners of a group of people who indulge themselves in luxuries, drinking alcohol and listening to music. Therefore, Ibn Majah narrates this hadith from Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari in the following wording: "From among my followers there will be some people who will drink wine, giving it other names while they listen to musical instruments and the singing of female singers; Allah the Almighty will make the earth swallow them and will turn them into monkeys and pigs.” (Reported by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih )

Conclusion on Permissibility of Musical Instruments

In the light of the above, it is clear that the religious texts that stand as a basis for those who maintain that singing is haram are either ambiguous or inauthentic. None of the hadiths attributed to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is valid as evidence on the judgment of prohibition. Moreover, all these hadiths are declared ‘weak' by the followers of Ibn Hazm, Malik, Ibn Hanbal, and Ash-Shafi`i.

In his book, Al-Ahkam , Al-Qadi Abu Bakr Ibn Al-`Arabi says, “None of the hadiths maintaining that singing is prohibited are considered authentic (by the scholars of the Science of Hadith Methodology).” The same view is maintained by Al-Ghazali and Ibn An-Nahwi in Al-`Umdah . Ibn Tahir says, “Not even a single letter from all these Hadiths was proved to be authentic.”

Ibn Hazm says, “All the hadiths narrated in this respect were invented and falsified.”

Doctorplato

Councller (250+ posts)
The Quran and Sunnah is not only your exclusive domain...I also have access to those and there is nothing there that present things as these narrow minded mullahs do.
I already mentioned
DON'T TAKE ME WRONG

Just asked a simple question

FYI i'm not here to learn ISLAM from you or need to see any reasonable face of Islam, I learn fom Quran and Sunnah and in my opinion Quran and Sunnah is best source

ammar26

MPA (400+ posts)
The Quran and Sunnah is not only your exclusive domain...I also have access to those and there is nothing there that present things as these narrow minded mullahs do.

There is a term call IJTEHAD (previewing modern things in light of Islam), and that is done using the base of Quran and Sunnah by Scholars

The base of ISLAM is Quran and Sunnah
And Ijtehad is done on the base of Quran and Sunnah

For example
There is no mentioning that whether marijuana is Haram or not
That doesn't mean its halal if its not mentioned, the decision for those is derived by Scholars from Quran and Sunnah by finding its connectivity with any similar thing
Marijuana is declared haram by Scholars with a solid reason that "Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does." and Alcohol is haram so Marijuana also becomes haram. Also Marijuana intoxicates a person and
Sunnah says
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: Every intoxicant is prohibited. Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)
So Marijuana becomes haram.

ALLAH has revealed a complete religion with guidance, ALLAH is well aware of all upcoming things in the world. There are basic fundamentals guidance in Quran and Sunnah. You need to make connections of modern things with fundamentals to get the answer whether any thing is Halal or Haram or between (Makrooh)

Last edited:

Doctorplato

Councller (250+ posts)
My friend I know myself and I know God has given most people the capacity to think and decide for themselves. I, therefore, do not subscribe to any scholars. I do not believe in the 'thekedaari' of so-called scholars. I think these people have hijacked Islam and made into a top-down dictatroship. Allah has given humans the choice to decide for themselves and these mullahs have been trying to impose their own understanding of religion on us. I do not consider myself responsible to any religious cleric or mullah. I do things on my own and Allah always directly guides me as that is in the nature of humans. Allah tells us to think for ourselves and not to follow mullahs.
There is a term call IJTEHAD (previewing modern things in light of Islam), and that is done using the base of Quran and Sunnah by Scholars

The base of ISLAM is Quran and Sunnah
And Ijtehad is done on the base of Quran and Sunnah

For example
There is no mentioning that whether marijuana is Haram or not
That doesn't mean its halal if its not mentioned, the decision for those is derived by Scholars from Quran and Sunnah by finding its connectivity with any similar thing
Marijuana is declared haram by Scholars with a solid reason that "Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does." and Alcohol is haram so Marijuana also becomes haram. Also Marijuana intoxicates a person and
Sunnah says
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: Every intoxicant is prohibited. Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)
So Marijuana becomes haram.

ALLAH has revealed a complete religion with guidance, ALLAH is well aware of all upcoming things in the world. There are basic fundamentals guidance in Quran and Sunnah. You need to make connections of modern things with fundamentals to get the answer whether any thing is Halal or Haram or between (Makrooh)

Muslimah

Music is Halal & Allowed in Islam[ Sahih Bukhari & Muslim Hadith]

Music which incites the love of Allah, His Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????), Owliya, and that of country (or Jihad) etc does not come under the category of haram. Almost every Hadith which talks against music also speaks against drinking (alcohol), doing zina with girls etc. So these Ahadith criticize that kind of music which can arouse sexual desires and can lead a person to drinking and zina etc. The music used in Qawali etc doesnt arouse sexual desires, but incites the love of Allah and His Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????), so it does not come under the prohibited category There are many events where music was played in the presence of the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) and he didnt forbid it. As the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) cannot allow a haram thing in his presence, so music is not haram (according to those scholars). 3. On some occasions, when some Sahabi tried to stop someone from playing music, the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) asked them to continue with their music. This kind of acceptance was not possible for a haram act . 4. At some marriage occasions the Prophet (??? ???? ???? ???? ????) ordered Sahaba to play some music and said that the difference between a marriage and zina is music (which serves as an announcement of that marriage).
click here for more
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27AFA1F15CF3489B&feature=viewall

lol no wonder why u love music

w-a-n-t-e-d-

Minister (2k+ posts)
Music sunna or suna na duno haram kam hain

1.gif

http://www.deeneislam.com/ur/misc/BOOKS/Music/

samar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why forcefully a view is promoted ?????????????

this thread is well protected and other which was weakening this thread is closed forcefully why ????????????

a cheap effort................

Status
Not open for further replies.