Is there any example of democracy in world where Election Commission is reluctant to release result

Sniper

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: any example of democracy

[h=1]A small contribution
[/h]
Given the political turmoil stemming from overwhelming circumstantial evidence of systematic and widespread electoral fraud in the 2013 General Elections, I felt that I should do my bit and make a small contribution to what is clearly a much broader effort towards strengthening democracy in Pakistan. So, I decided to do as FAFEN were recommending and I wrote an email to the Election Commission. Here is the text of the email. Please feel free to copy it if you want to add to this effort.

Mr Ishtiak Ahmed Khan
Secretary, Election Commission of Pakistan
Islamabad
Pakistan

Dear Sir

GENERAL ELECTIONS 2013

In the light of the ongoing turmoil in Pakistan, the basis of which appears to be firmly rooted in controversy surrounding the 2013 General Elections, I am writing to you today as a concerned citizen to request the Election Commission of Pakistan to play its role.

Sir, I trust you will agree that transparent and unobstructed availability of the record of elections is of primary importance in engendering a sense of confidence in the validity of election results. To this end, the steps taken by the Commission to make information available to the public via its website, including nomination forms, statements of assets & liabilities of candidates, polling schemes, etc. was a positive and constructive step for which the Commission deserves credit and commendation.

However, sir, permit me to say that it is unfortunate and disappointing to me (and to many other concerned citizens) that the documents that are the backbone of all election results, i.e. the Forms XIV, XV, XVI and XVII that are required to be compiled and submitted to the Commission by concerned election officials under Sections 24, 25, 26 & 28 of the The Representation Of The People (Conduct Of Election) Rules 1977, have not yet been published on the Commission’s website or made public by other means.

I strongly urge the Commission to immediately publish the Forms XIV, XV, XVI and XVII related to the 2013 General Elections and subsequent bye-election for all constituencies of the National Assembly and all the Provincial Assemblies on your website in the interest of transparency and to enable the people of Pakistan to make up their own minds among all the information, misinformation and disinformation that is being presented to us on a daily basis.

This will, sir, be a significant contribution by the Election Commission of Pakistan in helping our nation along the journey that we have embarked upon to strengthen democracy and independent institutions and regulatory bodies, such as the Commission itself.

I am sincerely grateful for your time and attention to this matter.

Yours faithfully

add your name
A citizen of Pakistan

Tariq Malik is relative of Rehman Malik and Chief Election Cell PPP 2008 Elections.

Purchased with the help of Establishment and visited Musharraf gifted Bani Gala Farm House many times

Close contacts with SMQ and Asad Umer (Character of Government servant)

He alongwith with Brigadier (Retired) Ijaz Shah, manufactured thumb impression story.

As per Scotland Yard even, a thumb impression not preserved as per Forensic Rules can not be read.

But both propagated disinformation

When caught violating Federal Government Service rules and providing information against Secret Act

Tariq Malik beg pardon and used Asif Zardari/Malik Riaz for mercy

Afridi Coach

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Demand ECP to upload Form 14

We can send email to secretary election commission to demand all form 14, 15, 16, 17 on website so we can see dhandli ourself. You can copy paste from letter sent in below link.

Please join me in asking ECP to release forms 14, 15, 16 & 17 for all constituencies in #GE2013: https://t.co/tiw8KvvlVK

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)

Tariq Malik is relative of Rehman Malik and Chief Election Cell PPP 2008 Elections.

Purchased with the help of Establishment and visited Musharraf gifted Bani Gala Farm House many times

He alongwith with Brigadier (Retired) Ijaz Shah, manufactured thumb impression story.

As per Scotland Yard even, a thumb impression not preserved as per Forensic Rules can not be read.

When caught violating Federal Government Service rules and providing information against Secret Act

. Wow. What a rubbis. how much time did you waste in collecting this bull ****.

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

My suggestions for the letter/email to ECP

Mr Ishtaiq Ahmed Khan
Secretary Election Commission of Pakistan
Head office EC of Pakistan
Islamabad
Pakistan

Re: General Elections 2013

Dear Mr Secretary,

The election of 2013 had been embroiled in controversy from the start resulting in current political chaos and impasse. Pakistan is suffering politically and economically. Its citizens are disturbed to see their lives interrupted from the chaos resulted due to allegations of massive rigging in the general elections of 2013. Holding fair and free elections in Pakistan is the prime responsibility of Election Commission of Pakistan, in which it has failed miserably in the past and more so during the last general elections of 2013.

These failures spread from having effective grip on the conduct of the elections to stop casting of bogus votes, to keep proper records and count of the ballets distributed to different polling stations.

It is responsibility of the Election Commission of Pakistan to compile and present different forms which are essential to gauge the fairness of the results of the general elections. To make sure that the correct type of ink and other material including the genuine ballet papers are issued to the polling stations all across Pakistan.

Unfortunately, on the surface it does show that Election Commission of Pakistan has miserably failed to perform its duties to the citizens of Pakistan. You as the secretary of the Election Commission of Pakistan bear the utmost responsibilities for the conduct of fair and free elections in Pakistan together with members of the Election Commission of Pakistan.

Your personal failures and that of Election Commission of Pakistan as a Constitutional body are resulting in Chaos, political instability in Pakistan and even resulted in brutal murders of its citizens.

It is the responsibility of Election Commission of Pakistan to make available all the relevant record of the general elections to the citizens of Pakistan transparently and without any unnecessary delays.

It is a shame and a concern for all Pakistanis that Elections commission of Pakistan despite lapse of 15 months has failed to disclose to the citizens of Pakistan the various forms used during the general elections, which form the backbone for the conduct of fair and free elections in Pakistan.

Pakistans Right to Information Act 2013 in its preamble states the rights of every citizen of Pakistan to request the information which is required to participate meaningfully in a democratic process; and whereas transparency of information is vital to the functioning of democracy and to improve the governance, contain corruption, and to hold public office, autonomous and statutory organisations and other private institutions run on government or foreign funding, accountable to the citizens; therefore, it is expedient and necessary to make provisions for ensuring that citizens have easy access to the information.

Under the Act, any Citizen Applicant (2:1(a)) of Pakistan can make a request complaint (2.1(2)) in writing on a plain paper or by an email to a public body. The public body is compelled to provide the requested information within 21 days of the request (9. A (1), which is complete, accurate and is a certified information or record (3).

I hereby, request from the Election Commission of Pakistan to release to the press and publish on its website Forms XIV, XV, XVI and XVII for the general elections 2013 and for the by elections held ever since. Beside the requests under the Right to Information Act 2013, Election Commission of Pakistan is legally obliged to make public these vital records of the general elections under Sections 24, 25, 26 and 28 of The Representation of the people (conduct of the elections) Rules 1977.

It is regretful that for inexplicable reasons Election Commission of Pakistan had been reluctant to release the records it is obliged to do so under the stated rules. Delay to release such vital information is causing the current chaos in Pakistan. Any further delays would increase the vows for the citizens of Pakistan.

Your sincerely
(your name)
Address, or if you sending by email, your email address.

Last edited:

LivePakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)

We all know Tariq Malik brought improvements in NADRA and earned a lot of money. I don't care to whom he belongs. He delivered, that's what matters. All Pakistanis respect him for his integrity and honesty. Shame on u doing propaganda against Tariq Malik.