Imanae Malik Case: Doctors Hospital GMs plea dismissed

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Published: June 26, 2011
Injection1-196431-640x480.jpg

The charge of causing the death of Imanae Malik by giving her the wrong injection.

LAHORE: Justice Mahmood Maqbool Bajwa of the Lahore High Court has dismissed a request from the general manager of Doctors Hospital that he be exempted from attending a trial in connection with the death of a young girl due to alleged medical negligence.

Ziaul Hassan Bukhari and several other hospital staff are facing a trial before Judicial Magistrate Sahir Islam at the Model Town Courts on the charge of causing the death of Imanae Malik by giving her the wrong injection.
The trial court and Sessions Court had already dismissed Bukharis petitions. His counsel Ali Hassan Rizvi argued that as general manager, Bukhari had to look after the hospital and should be exempted from appearing before the trial court.
Muhammad Azhar Siddique, counsel for the complainant, submitted that the accused were deliberately avoiding due process and so charges had not yet even been framed.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 26th, 2011

http://tribune.com.pk/story/196431/imanae-malik-case-doctors-hospital-gms-plea-dismissed/

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
What a sad story.A murder case should be registered against all concerned and swift justice provided to aggrieved.

Scorpion

Banned
Apart from the doctor's strikes which I support . . . But in instance of negligences such as this incident, the culprits must bne teached a lesson to stop future happening of such losses . . . .

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
As there is no specific law , no govt intervention and uneducated mass, you will notice a higher number of such negligence by doctors and hospitals. I personally know many many such cases.

I think this is good to investigate and punish these nasty ones so that all others will be careful in future.