IK : the way forward

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
First things first, IK needs to get out of jail come what may, and he has to do this by himself because everybody has failed him: his lawyers, the lawyer community at large, PTI the party, and worst of all, the Pakistani nation (including the expats who were supposed to be die hard fans of him).

So the question goes: how to get out of jail? I believe IK must go on a hunger strike.

This he needs to communicate across so that Pakistani people and the international community become aware of the fact. This will force the institutions to take an action, whatever that may be. At least, IK will remain alive on the minds of people and people will question the government and institutions about his safety. Every passing day would only build pressure.

What other options are available? There are none tbh. But let's spell them out anyway even if there are more cons than pro attached to it

1. Release the video he has kept safe. If he has recorded more than one video, even better, because those videos could become bargaining chips after release of the first video.

2. Send letters to different international organisations, including media agencies, to fight for his freedom based on merit only.

I have one another highly dangerous but perhaps very effective solution. IK's sons should come to pakistan and lead the party. They should literally take over, both of them, and talk about his father day in day out, to everyone who is ready to listen. Whereas I have no confidence in our government and their handlers not to beat kids, but it would be optically disastrous, especially since the two are British, in addition to being Pakistanis.

This also begs the question: where are these two and does anyone know whether they are doing something about their father?

Please refrain from lazy and useless comments.

Gul Sher Malik

MPA (400+ posts)
No.

On this day 18 of captivity, the first thing IK needs today is a good air freshner to kill his own s h i t stink rising from that 6x4 in cell laterine. Every thing else will come next. Its very hot and humid during day and the stink is just unbearable. Lets hope his lawyer will be able to bring him a good air freshner and a bottle of Phenyl on next visit.

انقلاب

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
No.

On this day 18 of captivity, the first thing IK needs today is a good air freshner to kill his own s h i t stink rising from that 6x4 in cell laterine. Every thing else will come next. It’s very hot and humid during day and the stink is just unbearable. Let’s hope his lawyer will be able to bring him a good air freshner and a bottle of Phenyl on next visit.
Font getting bigger, squeals getting louder……, the satanic count is in grave mental and physical duress.

انقلاب

First things first, IK needs to get out of jail come what may, and he has to do this by himself because everybody has failed him: his lawyers, the lawyer community at large, PTI the party, and worst of all, the Pakistani nation (including the expats who were supposed to be die hard fans of him).

So the question goes: how to get out of jail? I believe IK must go on a hunger strike.

This he needs to communicate across so that Pakistani people and the international community become aware of the fact. This will force the institutions to take an action, whatever that may be. At least, IK will remain alive on the minds of people and people will question the government and institutions about his safety. Every passing day would only build pressure.

What other options are available? There are none tbh. But let's spell them out anyway even if there are more cons than pro attached to it

1. Release the video he has kept safe. If he has recorded more than one video, even better, because those videos could become bargaining chips after release of the first video.

2. Send letters to different international organisations, including media agencies, to fight for his freedom based on merit only.

I have one another highly dangerous but perhaps very effective solution. IK's sons should come to pakistan and lead the party. They should literally take over, both of them, and talk about his father day in day out, to everyone who is ready to listen. Whereas I have no confidence in our government and their handlers not to beat kids, but it would be optically disastrous, especially since the two are British, in addition to being Pakistanis.

This also begs the question: where are these two and does anyone know whether they are doing something about their father?

I think Khan should do the converse of what you suggested; Double his caloric intake and put on some healthy pounds. He needs to stay alive through this ordeal.

RajaRawal111

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I agree with Absolute hunger strike. No food no water no sleep - period. 2nd benefit is that they will never be able to poison him.

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
No.

On this day 18 of captivity, the first thing IK needs today is a good air freshner to kill his own s h i t stink rising from that 6x4 in cell laterine. Every thing else will come next. Its very hot and humid during day and the stink is just unbearable. Lets hope his lawyer will be able to bring him a good air freshner and a bottle of Phenyl on next visit.
کتا حرامی کنجر بیغیرت

Rambler

I think he should break the jail and come out. Another effective way could be to not shave and grow a beard. Maybe shaving off his head would do the trick.

Also it begs the question - Come out of the imaginary life you are living on the web and smell the coffee. BTW why are you not doing something about it other than giving these wise suggestions?

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
I think he should break the jail and come out. Another effective way could be to not shave and grow a beard. Maybe shaving off his head would do the trick.

Also it begs the question - Come out of the imaginary life you are living on the web and smell the coffee. BTW why are you not doing something about it other than giving these wise suggestions?
I'm keeping the discussion alive. Still thinking about solutions. What more do you want me to do? What else can I possibly do? What can anybody? What I don't understand is why are you angry at me? It seems Pakistanis cannot express themselves without anger and frustration in their words and actions.

Rambler

I'm keeping the discussion alive. Still thinking about solutions. What more do you want me to do? What else can I possibly do? What can anybody? What I don't understand is why are you angry at me? It seems Pakistanis cannot express themselves without anger and frustration in their words and actions.

We all know IK's personality - He is no short of courage and will do whatever he can from the prison so your suggestions are nothing more than a spectator sitting outside the ring screaming useless advice at the boxer. What would be more helpful is telling us what you did. Now don't say you cannot do anything and please don't throw the question back at me. Let me ask you some questions.

1. Are you writing against what is happening in Pakistan on your twitter, facebook etc.
2. Have you written to your MP and sent reminders?
3. Have you sent emails to human rights organisations?
4. Have you been part of any peaceful protest?
5. Have you contacted your relatives and friends and asked them to do the above?
6. Have your contacted your friends and family member in the Army and bureaucracy and given them your views?

Now all the above are perfectly legal ways and do not require a lot of effort. If you have been doing all these things then I apologise to you but if not then I have to say that you are a hypocrite like most of the Pakistanis and your suggestions mean zilch.

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
We all know IK's personality - He is no short of courage and will do whatever he can from the prison so your suggestions are nothing more than a spectator sitting outside the ring screaming useless advice at the boxer. What would be more helpful is telling us what you did. Now don't say you cannot do anything and please don't throw the question back at me. Let me ask you some questions.

1. Are you writing against what is happening in Pakistan on your twitter, facebook etc.
2. Have you written to your MP and sent reminders?
3. Have you sent emails to human rights organisations?
4. Have you been part of any peaceful protest?
5. Have you contacted your relatives and friends and asked them to do the above?
6. Have your contacted your friends and family member in the Army and bureaucracy and given them your views?

Now all the above are perfectly legal ways and do not require a lot of effort. If you have been doing all these things then I apologise to you but if not then I have to say that you are a hypocrite like most of the Pakistanis and your suggestions mean zilch.
I feel sorry for you. So much anger and hatred in your heart and head that it has made you stupid and ignorant. I don't know why you want to "win" the argument as if this is a game and you are collecting brownie points. You need to conduct an audit of your life because you are messed up.

Rambler

I feel sorry for you. So much anger and hatred in your heart and head that it has made you stupid and ignorant. I don't know why you want to "win" the argument as if this is a game and you are collecting brownie points. You need to conduct an audit of your life because you are messed up.

So your answer is that you are a lazy bastard who has not even done basic harmless things with which you could have contributed and who comes here with those worthless empty suggestions. The real problem with the country is utterly useless, hypocritic people like you and with that attitude one mafia will be replaced with another if ever.

I just asked you very simple questions about what YOU could have done - Now can you give me a straight answer as to what YOU have done when the country is in such a turmoil and it's people's economic and political rights are being trampled upon?

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
So your answer is that you are a lazy bastard who has not even done basic harmless things with which you could have contributed and who comes here with those worthless empty suggestions. The real problem with the country is utterly useless, hypocritic people like you and with that attitude one mafia will be replaced with another if ever.

I just asked you very simple questions about what YOU could have done - Now can you give me a straight answer as to what YOU have done when the country is in such a turmoil and it's people's economic and political rights are being trampled upon?
إنا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Rambler

إنا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Absolute worthless idiot you are. IK bechara has given his everything for people like you and is rotting away in the worst of prisons. The conditions he is kept is worse than Abu gharaib and Guantanamo with no regard even to his dignity and you come here with your stupid mashwaras. Amazing lot you good for nothing people are and if I was IK, i would have hurled a thousands lanats on you and went my merry way. No one needs advice from a worthless, miserable existence like you.