How to send money to Pakistan via Banks?

palm_snow

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
You need some info of the receiving bank/account. In most cases it will ask you for an iban number of the account that you want to send money to. That's all you need. First name, last name, iban number, amount you want to sell. You can go to your bank and they will guide you.
Obviously receiving bank is in Pakistan whereas I am in Canada. So just to sure I am following your suggestion correct, are you saying I can go to my bank in Canada and they will be able to give this information about receiving bank in Pakistan?

jaypakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)
i use money gram and western union for a limited amount.. for a bigger amount u ll need to send via money exchange/transfer companies . There are a few in Toronto area. u ll need to provide them a bank draft plus iban number of ur bank account in pak.

palm_snow

A legitt company is always registered with respective country's regulator for financial services providers. Also if they are public they are registered with SECP etc. etc.
Good to know but I am looking for a concrete way of knowing which services are approved by Government of Canada.

palm_snow

i use money gram and western union for a limited amount.. for a bigger amount u ll need to send via money exchange/transfer companies . There are a few in Toronto area.
Can you give example of what companies in Toronto can be used for this?

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
UBL Transfer is best option as well
money receives immediately
and UBL will hand money over to the person

will it benefit nation if we open dollar acct in Pakistan?
i hope someone from finance background may answer this

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Obviously receiving bank is in Pakistan whereas I am in Canada. So just to sure I am following your suggestion correct, are you saying I can go to my bank in Canada and they will be able to give this information about receiving bank in Pakistan?
This is what I did. I opened an account in UBL (Pakistan), got my checkbook and iban number. I logged in to my foreign bank account, entered first, last names, amount to be sent and iban number. Clicked send and voila! done.
So ask your mother to go to her branch and get her iban info. Alternatively if she has a checkbook, the iban number is usually printed on it.
With her iban number in hand, go to your bank and tell them you want to send money to this account. They'll guide you.

jaypakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)
AR International Inc.

Currency exchange service in Mississauga, Ontario

Address: 125 A Dundas St E, Mississauga, ON L5A 1W7
Phone: (905) 949-0702

you ll need to provide them money with a receipt from Canadian bank and that should not be older then say 3 to 4 days plus pak bank name , receivers name , contact number , iban number etc

LovePK-or-LeavePK

Senator (1k+ posts)
UBL Transfer is best option as well
money receives immediately
and UBL will hand money over to the person

will it benefit nation if we open dollar acct in Pakistan?
i hope someone from finance background may answer this

It benefits Pakistan either way. But for your family, it is better to open a dollar bank account. That way they will receive dollars in their account without hassle of low conversion rates with other services.

Then they can decide whatever they want to do with it. Save or withdraw anytime.

palm_snow

It benefits Pakistan either way. But for your family, it is better to open a dollar bank account. That way they will receive dollars in their account without hassle of low conversion rates with other services.

Then they can decide whatever they want to do with it. Save or withdraw anytime.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

palm_snow

This is what I did. I opened an account in UBL (Pakistan), got my checkbook and iban number. I logged in to my foreign bank account, entered first, last names, amount to be sent and iban number. Clicked send and voila! done.
So ask your mother to go to her branch and get her iban info. Alternatively if she has a checkbook, the iban number is usually printed on it.
With her iban number in hand, go to your bank and tell them you want to send money to this account. They'll guide you.
That's beautiful. Bohat shukria janab

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Do not use western union to send money....they are a rip off in exchange rates.....transfering via Western Union to a bank account will get you better rates (2 to 3%) I run a money transfer business in Islamabad with an a branch in Europe....if anyone is interested do let me know....

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
We can do it easily with ebanking service from our local bank in Europe or americas. All you need it the IBAN and Swift code details from Pakistani bank account. Usually the remittance service shall cost you a sum of around 5 dollars/Euros for a transaction.

Anonymous Paki

May be this question has been asked here before but in the light of our Imran Khan's speach, I think its worth posting this question again. Can someone provide guidance on how to send money to Pakistan using Banks? I am more interested in knowing how to do it from Canada but I am sure overseas Pakistanis from other countries would like to know it as well. In this age with an online banking so common, my hope is there are ways of accomplishing this quite easily.

I do it regularly from the UK

its quite simple.

you can go to a bank and give the account details in Pakistan and its done.

We have the ability to do this online now aswell.

I just checked. RBC in canada has online facility as well

Dream Seller

May be this question has been asked here before but in the light of our Imran Khan's speach, I think its worth posting this question again. Can someone provide guidance on how to send money to Pakistan using Banks? I am more interested in knowing how to do it from Canada but I am sure overseas Pakistanis from other countries would like to know it as well. In this age with an online banking so common, my hope is there are ways of accomplishing this quite easily.
I use xoom from amreeka...you can directly deposit in your bank account in Pakistan

llvlludassar

Councller (250+ posts)
I used to transfer money from my Irish bank to Pakistan bank but i have stopped doing that now, because banks in Pakistan do not have euros most of the times, sometimes you have to wait couple of weeks before you get your money!

If Imran Khan wants us to send money through the banking channels then he has to make sure that we can get our money fast and on time!

Vitamin_C

WU and RIA are so sketchy. I always do wire transfer directly from bank or e-mail transfer. Just go to your bank and tell them you want to send some money to your friends or family in Pakistan. They will give you all information you need to ask from your family. Usually they have printed handouts in the bank with this information.

I use to send via western union and Ria. But already from next payments using my bank even if I get a bit loss