He claims that he circumambulates the Kabah in his dreams and tells them about the future

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Question: I got to know a person who told me that in his dreams a Muslim jinn comes to him and he says that he performed tawaaf with him in Makkah and gave him Zamzam water to drink, and he visited the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with him. He says that this all happened on the same night, and until now he says that he performs tawaaf with him in Makkah and visits the grave of the Prophet. This man told me some things about the future and some of them came true. My brother is enchanted by this man and believes everything that he says. I do not have enough knowledge of sharee’ah to be able to prove this man’s claims to be false. How can I get rid of him and convince my brother that this man is a liar?.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:
There is nothing wrong or strange about this man saying that he dreamt that a Muslim jinn performed tawaaf with him in Makkah and visited the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). A man may see such things in his dreams, or greater things, such as seeing himself in Paradise or going up into the heaven then coming down, and other things that cannot happen in reality.
This applies if he is telling the truth about his dreams, but some charlatans tell lies and deceive people with their false dreams.

Secondly:
The fact that he speaks about the future indicates that he is one of the fortune-tellers or soothsayers, who deal with the jinn and find out some matters of the unseen from them, as is mentioned in the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (4701) and Muslim (2228) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah decrees a matter in heaven, the angels beat their wings in submission to His words, making a sound like a chain striking a rock. When the fear is banished from their hearts, they say, What is it that your Lord has said? They say: The truth, and He is the Most High, the Most Great. Then the one who is listening out hears that, and those who are listening out are standing one above the other” – Sufyaan [one of the narrators] demonstrated with his hand, holding it vertically with the fingers outspread. – “Perhaps the meteor will hit the listener before he can pass it on to his companion, and burn him, or perhaps it will not hit him until he passes it on to the one who is below him, until they pass it down to earth – or perhaps Sufyaan said: until it reaches the earth – and is put in the mouth of the witch and he tells one hundred lies along with it. So he is believed and they say: Did he not tell us that on such and such a day, such and such would happen, and it came to pass? That is the word that was heard from heaven. So they believe him because of one thing which was heard from heaven.”

And al-Bukhaari (7561) and Muslim (2228) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Some people asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about soothsayers. He said: “They are nothing.” They said: O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes they tell us something that turns out to be true. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a word from the jinn that the jinni snatches, and he cackles it into the ear of his familiar as a hen cackles, but they mix more than a hundred lies with it.”

If this man claims to have knowledge of the unseen then he is a kaafir, so beware of going to him, because going to such people and believing them is haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty nights.” Narrated by Muslim (2230).

This applies if he goes to him and asks him something and does not believe him. But if he believes him, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a soothsayer or fortune-teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Narrated by Ahmad (9532) and al-Haakim (15); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’.

Thus it is clear that it is haraam to go to fortune-tellers and believe what they say.
Advise your brother and explain that to him, and warn him against keeping company with this man or believing him.

We ask Allaah to protect us and you from all evils and temptations.

And Allaah knows best.

Source

Last edited:

Mughal1

I think we need to learn some ways of judging truth from falsehood. Once we have a set criterion in our minds then we will come to know whether someone is telling the truth or lying.

So far people would have seen here my approach to things by trying to help people understand the rules and laws about things. Once a person gets the idea it will then be impossible to fool that person that easily.

Our problem is ignorance about the quran and how to understand it properly. Also education does not come easy because there are a lot of people whom it suits to have ignorant people who lack self confidence due to their ignorance.

The best thing to overcome ignorance is to question things by thinking alternative and opposing arguments to what one claims.

It is fundamental to ask for evidence for any claim one makes. Ask the claimant to set the criterion for the evidence that satisfies the claim beyond any reasonable doubt and then prove the claim.

If one succeeds in doing that then we should have no problem in accepting the claim true.

1)It is easy for anyone to claim anything.

2)It is impossible for anyone to come forth with a satisfying criterion for proof beyond a reasonable doubt unless one is telling the truth.

3)It is impossible for anyone to prove their claim beyond a reasonable doubt unless it is true.

The important point is to remember that if one claims that something happened then there has to be a way that it can happen because in the natural world things cannot happen unnaturally.

So if there is no way that something could happen then it is highly unlikely that something has happened.

If something has happened then there ought to be evidence for it otherwise the claim has very little credibility.

Following these simple rules will get us out of a lot of troubles eg we will not make claims impossible to prove. We will not that easily accept such claims.

So learning things is very important than staying ignorant.

more may be later.

Last edited:

M javed

Banned
Highly esteemed and precious posts by brothers -pakistani1947 and mughal1.

May allah (swt) reward you the best for this.

Keep up brothers - welldone

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
[MENTION=4976]pakistani[/MENTION]1947 ... could you give any examples of what he said about future that turned out to be true?

it's very easy to debunk these crackpots ...

- just ask him what's in my cupboard (make sure he doesn't know from other sources about things in your cupboard) ... better yet ask for a bunch of specific things (like do i have a wrist-watch in my cupboard? a calculator ? a stapler? etc etc ... put some of those items in the cupboard and others somewhere else so he doesn't know what's in the cupboard and what's not ... if he's truly psychic he should give all correct answers)

- or how much money do i have in my pocket

- or if you are waiting for something (like result of exam etc) ask him which date is it going to happen

- or ask for a lottery number

- etc etc

Last edited:

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
i just looked at the source and it's a Q&A on a website ...

then forget about it ... it's all bull ... there is most likely no one in this world right now who knows a bleep about the unknown or future

M javed

Banned
Wahi and kashaf have similarities.

It is not good to extend them in the ordinary things of life like where the wrist watch is, how much money one has in his/her pocket.

Sometimes, the almighty allah reveals such things as well but only when to establish his own identity and the identity of his noble persons or in the case of a challenge.

Allah (swt) is the the source of all such pious revelations.

His almighty reveals such things to noble persons.

Decision of what and when is in his command and control.

Nobody can dare to claim he/she is inherently born with such qualities.

However, shatan and jinns can do this by amalgamating hundreds of lies into it as the great prophet has said in his hadit and quoted above by brothers: Pakistani 1947 and mughal1.

However, telepathy and 6th sense is something different. The former can take place between a living humanbeing and the another from any part of the world to the other.

These two things are acquired things but kashaf cannot be acquired. It is only a discretion of almighty allah.

If a noble person says something at one time and it comes true. It does not mean he has the inherent capability to know the unknown all the times he has to deal with such things.

About the noble people, there is a saying 'they keep the mystries of nature so secret as a woman would her manstoration'.

Besides all this allah knows the best

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
Wahi and kashaf have similarities.

It is not good to extend them in the ordinary things of life like where the wrist watch is, how much money one has in his/her pocket.

Sometimes, the almighty allah reveals such things as well but only when to establish his own identity and the identity of his noble persons or in the case of a challenge.

Allah (swt) is the the source of all such pious revelations.

His almighty reveals such things to noble persons.

Decision of what and when is in his command and control.

Nobody can dare to claim he/she is inherently born with such qualities.

However, shatan and jinns can do this by amalgamating hundreds of lies into it as the great prophet has said in his hadit and quoted above by brothers: Pakistani 1947 and mughal1.

However, telepathy and 6th sense is something different. The former can take place between a living humanbeing and the another from any part of the world to the other.

These two things are acquired things but kashaf cannot be acquired. It is only a discretion of almighty allah.

If a noble person says something at one time and it comes true. It does not mean he has the inherent capability to know the unknown all the times he has to deal with such things.

About the noble people, there is a saying 'they keep the mystries of nature so secret as a woman would her manstoration'.

Besides all this allah knows the best

Bro M Javed ... if these things cannot be extended to ordinary things then you tell me how can someone know if a guy is genuine or is just bluffing ... ?

Then we should ask the guy himself to tell us something and then that thing has to be judged on case by case basis (like whatever he said was so impossible to be known by an average human being or not) ... either way I'm sure there is no one who can come out as a psychic or in-touch-with-jinn or anything ...

believe me bro if you have never come across something extraordinary (I know I haven't) then most likely it doesn't exist ...

these complicated terminologies like kashaf, telepathy, 6th sense, it's all to overwhelm people into believing it without questioning it

Last edited:

M javed

Banned
Simple criterion; please try to judge his intentions.

If he is not intended to get anything temporal eg. Money, reputation, respect, a place in the society or anything similar to this, he/she could be a genuine person. At the same time, please try to judge what type of a person he/she has been.

The people whom god choose to place themselves in between the creator and the creature are controlled by the almighty allah and not by their inner selves or worldly lust.

They do not sell themselves for anything except the pleasure of god.

It is a bitter fact that the nature trains them by pushing them through harsh realities of life. 'jeevain belan wich ganna'.

In the hands of god, just for the sake of an example: They are like a performing dog or a monkey in the hands of a juggler. Each of their movements is subject to painful control and suffering by the creator.they have nothing of their own and whatever they do is merely the reflection of the will of the creator.

What the on-lookers has to do is - just have a strong belief in the creator and only look into the message being given.

Mughal1

Dear Mughal1,

Could you please explain the highlighted part of the last paragraph?

Thank you dear pakistani for your response.

Inspiration in my view is of a few different kinds.

1)Direct revelation by God to his messengers in form of law books for rule of law for nations or tribes etc eg Book given to Adam, to Noah, Book of Abraham, Torah, Zaboor, Injeel and the Quran.

2)It is also clear from the quranic text that prophets are also inspired with another kind of inspiration that helps them understand exactly as to what the revelation in the book means that is relevant to them and their followers. This is why they are able to teach and explain things in detail to their followers even by practical examples where need be. This is why Jews have stories about their prophets and christians about theirs and we muslims have them about our prophet. The present Torah in my view is equivalent to our ahadith collections not actual torah because that ought to have similar text style as the quran. The same in my view is true about gospels of christians ie they are like our ahdith books. Actual Injeel was just like the quran in its texual style.

3)A general inspiration whereby they solve problems they face individually ie it is personal but the person can use it to benefit others thereby. This inspiration is not only for prophets but other human beings as well. If you read story of two sons of adam, you can see how crows inspire one of them to hide the body of the other after murder. You look at universe and think of creator or you sleep on a problem in your life then while sleeping you dream of some solution to the problem. These are all modes of divine inspirations ie different ways of drawing human attentions to certain facts or concepts. It is then up to inspired to use that information as one likes.

As for fortune telling if we accept it as a science whereby people do research on individuals by asking a lot of questions and on that basis project some future trend like we do for economy or weather then there is no problem becaue this will come under law of consequences but if one tries to prove one knows the future in actual fact then it is a problem.

Hope this explains my stand on this matter. None should take this to mean that any prophet is a supernatural human beings having supernatural powers. It is Allah who inspires because he is the one who has supernatural powers being a supernatural being himself. It is not within the ability of a human to do things all by himself as a human being. This is why wherever the quran talks about the prophets as human beings just like other people, it distinguishes them with WAHI ie that Allah has been telling them things ie information.

regards and all the best.