Great success in finding oil and gas reserves in Pakistan, pressure kick detected during deep sea drilling

jani1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
اگر یہ سچ ہے تو اللہ کا شکر ہے کہ تیل و قدرتی وسائل کی تلاش صوبے کے زیرِ انتظام نہیں ورنہ زرداری اور فریال تالپور سب سے زیادہ خوش ہوتے۔
نہیں ہوتے۔۔کہ وہ چند دنوں کے مہمان ہیں۔۔

shapik

Senator (1k+ posts)
These oil reserves are not confirmed yet from a technical and financial feasibility perspective . Oil hai but seismic structure kaisa hai and does it make sense extracting it is something that will be finalised very soon.
Aar ya paar hai. InshAllah acha hai

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
Alhumdullilah, Ya-Allah, we're beggar and You're the Greatest generous, as mentioned in Quran. Please Allah give us every thing which bring us closer to you and on the right path of Your and our's Last and final Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon on him.

asus87

MPA (400+ posts)
Nawaz Shareef agar is baar jeet jata tu kudh hi samandar mei drilling karta !! (PML-N media cell)

shaheenzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
پاکستانی حکومت بلوچستان کے سرحدی علاقوں میں ائل اور گیس کی تلاش کرسکتی ہے جہاں اسکو یہ چیزیں ملنے کے چانس زیادہ بھی ہیں کیونکہ بارڈر کے دوسری طرف ایران تیل نکال رہا ہے

xohail

Citizen
May Allah help us, our media and all such reporters. Guys, I am oil industry professional and I just laughed on this news item. Let me educate a little: A "kick" while drilling could be anything. Its just a normal phenomenon. Mostly "kicks" during drilling indicate high pressure formation which underlies a formation having comparatively low pressure. The formation (i would say the soil or the rock for your understanding) which is being drilled has fluids trapped inside. When the drill bit puncture/drill such a formation, high pressure kick occurs because of pressure difference. All such kicks are monitored and are controlled using circulating mud inside the well. If such a kick is not controlled, a blowout is imminent. Yes, the kick also indicates the presence of hydrocarbon but it does not tell you more than that. The quality and quantity of the hydrocarbons. This is just another news to make people excited, nothing more than that. The drilling as of 4 days ago, was 4999 meters. The planned depth is 5460 meters. We all just pray that May Allah turn this discovery commercially viable.