Former President Pervez Musharraf Coming to Seattle - Mar 14

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
Former President Pervez Musharraf Coming to Seattle
Posted on 01 March 2010.

A local group of Pakistani Americans in Seattle is bringing to town Gen. Pervez Musharraf, the former president of Pakistan who resigned in 2008 under threat of impeachment.

Musharraf, who now is living in London, will be in Seattle for a dinner and talk at the Bellevue Westin on March 14. The event, with ticket prices starting at $100, is open to the public.

Some local Pakistani-Americans say Musharraf has been good for the country; others strongly disagree.

The local chapter of Friends of Pakistan First, a U.S.-based organization that aims to promote democracy and development in Pakistan, decided to invite Musharraf here after seeing that he was coming to the United States in March for a series of lectures.

Musharraf is making his living these days on the lecture circuit, commanding a six-figure speaking fee, said Dr. Nasim Ashraf, the Maryland-based founder of Friends of Pakistan First and a former high-ranking official in Musharrafs administration.

On this tour, Musharraf also will give talks to organizations in Florida, California and Oregon.

The Bellevue stop is considered more a private visit at the communitys invitation, Ashraf said, and Musharraf is not being paid for his talk here. (Proceeds from ticket sales will go toward defraying the cost of the visit and to Friends of Pakistan First.)

In Bellevue, Musharraf likely will be speaking about his vision for Pakistans future, Ashraf said.

Theres been speculation that Musharraf wants to lead Pakistan again conjecture that he has neither confirmed nor denied. We dont foresee an announcement in the near future, Ashraf said.

Kamran Salahuddin, a Redmond resident and board member of the local chapter of Friends of Pakistan First, said he personally believes Musharraf has been good for Pakistan, bringing more stability and improving the economy.

But regardless of whether people support Musharraf, Salahuddin said, the event is an opportunity for those in the Northwest to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the man and the country he led.

Salahuddin also had worked to try to bring Musharrafs political rival, former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, to Seattle before she was slain in 2007.

Theres a lot at stake between these two countries, he said of the United States and Pakistan.

http://pkonweb.com/2010/03/01/former-pr ... o-seattle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arnold_mic

Senator (1k+ posts)
So exited! ;) going to order new pair of shoes, those shoes has accuracy 99% from 50 feet distance [hilar]

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
MileStone said:
Former President Pervez Musharraf Coming to Seattle
Posted on 01 March 2010.

A local group of Pakistani Americans in Seattle is bringing to town Gen. Pervez Musharraf, the former president of Pakistan who resigned in 2008 under threat of impeachment.

Musharraf, who now is living in London, will be in Seattle for a dinner and talk at the Bellevue Westin on March 14. The event, with ticket prices starting at $100, is open to the public.

Some local Pakistani-Americans say Musharraf has been good for the country; others strongly disagree.

The local chapter of Friends of Pakistan First, a U.S.-based organization that aims to promote democracy and development in Pakistan, decided to invite Musharraf here after seeing that he was coming to the United States in March for a series of lectures.

Musharraf is making his living these days on the lecture circuit, commanding a six-figure speaking fee, said Dr. Nasim Ashraf, the Maryland-based founder of Friends of Pakistan First and a former high-ranking official in Musharrafs administration.

On this tour, Musharraf also will give talks to organizations in Florida, California and Oregon.

The Bellevue stop is considered more a private visit at the communitys invitation, Ashraf said, and Musharraf is not being paid for his talk here. (Proceeds from ticket sales will go toward defraying the cost of the visit and to Friends of Pakistan First.)

In Bellevue, Musharraf likely will be speaking about his vision for Pakistans future, Ashraf said.

Theres been speculation that Musharraf wants to lead Pakistan again conjecture that he has neither confirmed nor denied. We dont foresee an announcement in the near future, Ashraf said.

Kamran Salahuddin, a Redmond resident and board member of the local chapter of Friends of Pakistan First, said he personally believes Musharraf has been good for Pakistan, bringing more stability and improving the economy.

But regardless of whether people support Musharraf, Salahuddin said, the event is an opportunity for those in the Northwest to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the man and the country he led.

Salahuddin also had worked to try to bring Musharrafs political rival, former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, to Seattle before she was slain in 2007.

Theres a lot at stake between these two countries, he said of the United States and Pakistan.

http://pkonweb.com/2010/03/01/former-pr ... o-seattle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking at the current situation, one could question if there was any improvement from departure of Musharraf. My personal opinion is in Mush period, we may have lost a lot but at least people didnt have to pay Rs100/kg for sugar etc.

So far democracy has been all talks. Not a single iota of improvement in people life, except that may be Zaradari's bank account got bigger.....

26feb2010.jpg

surahalmaidahverse51to5.jpg

surahmaidahverse5152.jpg

pakistan first

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I wish I would be in Seattle to witness the charismatic personality of great Musharraf. I have no idea about the feelings of anti musharraf group but expected it would be 100% jealous and frustrated,,Allah to bless them and give strength to differentiate between right and wrong.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Please let us know when he will be visiting , In The Hell of Fire.
Thanks in advance.

alisidhu

Citizen
Brothers and sisters.Send these 100 dollars to poor and needy in pakistan,rather then listening to this Idiot.He sold hundreds of good Muslims to CIA.He shitt in his pants when few lowlife statedepartment people confronted him about 911.The list goes on and on........Befor leaving he gave us the gift of Zardari.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
alisidhu said:
Brothers and sisters.Send these 100 dollars to poor and needy in pakistan,rather then listening to this Idiot.He sold hundreds of good Muslims to CIA.He shitt in his pants when few lowlife statedepartment people confronted him about 911.The list goes on and on........Befor leaving he gave us the gift of Zardari.

I totally agree.
But there are lot of people in the world supporting evil and idiots.

Zaidi Qasim

?? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???
?? ?? ?????? ??? ?? ???? ??? ???

????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??
?? ?????? ?? ? ? ???? ??? ??? ???

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Although I damn care for Musharraf, but some one has pasted Quranic Verse Surah Almaida 5:51

According to it, then All our present setup in the country are in that bracket what says" .......If any of you takes them as Friends, he is from them............." Oh my God, many heads will start rolling, I suppose.

pakistan first

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Raaz said:
alisidhu said:

I totally agree.

I support a leader like Musharraf who is fighting against the evils and against the enemies of Pakistan and I have no shame to support Musharraf. You anti musharraf people continue to register your frustration which day by day inclining due to the respect / support Musharraf is getting around the world. Try to visit his facebook and you realize that how many idiots still admire him.
Musharraf's era was much much much better than todays era, this is the reality.

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
People trying to prove that Musharraf's era was far better than this era. Apart from the illegitimacy of the previous ruler, there are many issues on which we have a far better understanding. People were deceived during the Musharraf era (since they had never seen of him before) and so they were hopeful if he could do something he promised in his first speech. They kept their hopes alive for so many years. But in the end he proved to be a big NOTHING with regard to anything good for the country. For the PPP or Zardari regime, majority of the people knew this group and they never expected anything from them, so they continued their struggle in some positive direction. People were handicapped during Musharraf because of his fresh entry.
It is supposed to be a parliamentary system in Pakistan and in parliamentary system, PM is the head, but we all know that no one blames any person else than Musharraf in the last government. Because he was responsible for everything, mostly miseries and blunders, that happened in the country. And so would be the case with Zardari which is again because of Musharraf... a slap on the creators of COD.
People talk about life getting more expensive since 2008. They get fooled from the current prices whereas some person with a little brain could find out that the spike came because of "not following" the market at the important instants. Even a layman could understand that if person A runs a shop on loss for 5 years and then sell the shop to a new person B without mentioning those losses, all those losses had to be born by the new person. And legally person A should be sued for hiding the actual details. But this is Pakistan, so he will find time-pass in the rest of the world.

Zaidi Qasim

pakistan first said:
Raaz said:
alisidhu said:

I totally agree.

I support a leader like Musharraf who is fighting against the evils and against the enemies of Pakistan and I have no shame to support Musharraf. You anti musharraf people continue to register your frustration which day by day inclining due to the respect / support Musharraf is getting around the world. Try to visit his facebook and you realize that how many idiots still admire him.Musharraf's era was much much much better than todays era, this is the reality.

I assume you taking part in that contest ?