ECP dispels perception of GE in case KP, Punjab assemblies are dissolved

asif86

MPA (400+ posts)
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Monday said that an election will be held for the dissolved assembly only, dispelling the perception created by PTI that snap polls will be held if Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assemblies are dissolved.

The clarification from ECP came after former prime minister Imran Khan’s announcement last week that PTI will quit all assemblies to pave the way for an early election.
Delivering his speech at a public meeting while sitting in a chair on Murree Road, Imran told a big gathering of his party supporters on Saturday that he had already talked to his chief ministers and would hold meetings with the PTI parliamentary parties to quit the assemblies.

“Instead of destruction and ransacking, we have decided to quit the assemblies and come out of the corrupt system, wherein the powerful and billionaires get their cases written off and the poor rot in jail. I ask those who give them NROs, don’t they have fear of Allah, as they keep on doing such a great injustice,” he added.

The announcement from the PTI chief surprised his rivals who are now mulling plans to thwart his strategy of dissolving KP and Punjab assemblies where his party is ruling.
In a statement Monday, an ECP spokesperson said that the Election Commission is bound to hold elections in 60 days in case a seat falls vacant.

The official said that an election on a National Assembly seat costs Rs80 to 100 million while the estimated expenditure of an election on the provincial assembly is Rs60 to 70 million.

“In case of dissolution of an assembly, elections will be held only for the respective assembly,” the spokesperson said.

Last edited by a moderator:

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
4 mah may deliver tu siraf garajun nani 420 he kar sakti hay.

Fiq4M6vXwAEikcC

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is better, PTI will get majority in both assemblies and with allies such as PMLQ will form a more stable Government in both provinces.

PTI and allies will have enough time and support from other provinces as well for elections in Sindh and Baluchistan.

I am praying this happens. This will be good to form Government in all four provinces.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
? ? ? ? ? PTI will sweep them again and then dissolve them again. Lagay raho phir apna chootiya kutwanay.
Assemblies will not dissolve after re-election process if assemblies are dissolved. Elections will be held after five years.

If PTI sweeps KP and Punjab, it will be easy to win national assembly and remaining two provincial assembly elections.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Assemblies will not dissolve after re-election process if assemblies are dissolved. Elections will be held after five years.
I don't see any such clause in the constitution. They can dissolve the very day they come into session and within 90 days re-elections have to be held.

If you could quote me an article of the constitution that confirms what you say. I would gladly read it and change my stance.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't see any such clause in the constitution. They can dissolve the very day they come into session and within 90 days re-elections have to be held.

If you could quote me an article of the constitution that confirms what you say. I would gladly read it and change my stance.
My friend, what I mean is that elections for assemblies dissolved will be valid for five years.
It means re-election will not be conducted for that assembly if national assembly is dissolved after. Or elections are held after tenure completion for national assembly.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
My friend, what I mean is that elections for assemblies dissolved will be valid for five years.
It means re-election will not be conducted for that assembly if national assembly is dissolved after. Or elections are held after tenure completion for national assembly.
Acha theek, woh to obvious baat hain na, but we don't want to be a part of this fucked up system, thats the point. What I was saying is PTI will dissolve them again and again.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Punjab assembly has very thin majority. So dogs are always barking.
Hai to majority na, Khans whole point is not to be in power or have better majority in the PA's. Koi faida nahi ke phir provincial elections sweep kerke wapis issi ganday nizam mein wapis aajao.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hai to majority na, Khans whole point is not to be in power or have better majority in the PA's. Koi faida nahi ke phir provincial elections sweep kerke wapis issi ganday nizam mein wapis aajao.
Majority is one purpose. If assemblies dissolved and PTI wins, it will benefit for other assemblies elections especially national and Sindh assembly.