Committee approves 5 clauses of NRO with majority

A

arshad_lahore

10-30-2009_86676_1.gif

Friday, October 30, 2009
ISLAMABAD: The standing committee of National Assembly has granted approval to the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) with majority, however, it rejected its two clauses relating to arrest of MNAs.

The opposition members staged walk out in protest of NROs approval.

The NA standing committee on law and justice met under the chairmanship of Begum Nasim Akhtar Chaudhry here on Friday.

The meeting came to a decision through voting after reviewing in detail each of the seven clauses of NRO.

Prior to the voting, committee member Amir Muqam demanded that details of people benefiting from NRO be provided so that it is known whether only political cases were dropped or there were other cases relating to homicide.

On refusal to provide these details, the members of Pakistan Muslim League staged protest.

Later, the committee approved five clauses of NRO with majority. It rejected clauses number 4 and 5 which were relating to seeking approval from the NAs relevant committee in connection with arrest of MNAs.

The committee amended NROs clause number 7 by removing the words Public Office Holder from it and added words of getting the cases dismissed by courts.

The opposition members walked out during the final phase of NROs approval.

Later, the committee member, Zahid Hamid told media that during clause-wise voting, 7 votes came in favor while 6 were against the approval.

MQM members and Riaz Futyana did not participated in the voting.

C

commander

What the heck is opposition doing, Why did they staged walkout why the didn't opposed while remaining in the meeting. This is a way to give relief to the Govt. with staging walkout.

usman6062

MPA (400+ posts)
Bhai......Yeh hai Muslim League (N)
Sub ko apni apni pari hai...
Nawaz Sharif nein 3rd time Prime Minister bananay k liye...yeh sub kuch ker liya...

abhi b kon kehta hai k Muslim League (N)....shair aa gaya wali hai?
They are all same

longliveIK

MPA (400+ posts)
did u read this proverb any where that ' one stinking fish spoils the whole tank.'there is a big problem that all fishes are stink.

A.Ali

Voter (50+ posts)
Would you guys still vote for PML-N and MQM, knowing very well that by walking out and abstaining, they supported the infamous ordinance NRO... I am almost sure our beloved Iftikhar Chaudhry (idiot) will also not do anything.

As I always say, it is our responsibility that we make our politicians accountable for their actions. As long as we are not ready to fulfill our obligations and do the right things, these types of injustices will keep on happening to us, and we will sit like a bump on a log and do nothing.

It is a sad day for all Pakistanis, our politicians have betrayed us yet once more, and we the idiots, me included, are not going to do anything. I think we should not complain, just accept it as our fate. I think we deserve it, I think we deserve worst than this. I think we deserve whatever is happening to us. Be happy.

A

abbasiali

admin said:
Opposition made a walk out "ahtajajan"
[pk flag] [pk flag]

This is not walk out, this is go ahead, because they think, future is for them, so they will be the beneficiary. PML(N) Joke

A

arshad_lahore

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhgqsPULu28[/video]