Canadian child's custody: CHL rules in favour of mother !!!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Canadian child`s custody: CHL rules in favour of mother
Posted By From the Newspaper On April 16, 2011 LAHORE, April 15: The Lahore High Court on Friday decided the custody case of a Canadian child by handing him over to his mother, a Canadian national of Indian origin.

The court also returned Roshni Desais passport and rejected a plea of her common law partner, Jahanzeb Niazi, to restrain her from taking the child to Canada.
Niazis counsel Binyamin Khalil Chaudhry had argued that a Muslim child could not be handed over to a non-Muslim mother under the Islamic laws.
Justice Asad Munir rejected the argument and observed that under Islamic laws a father had no right to keep custody of his illegitimate child. An illegitimate child has to be given to mother only, the judge added.
Advocate Muhammad Azhar Siddique, also representing the Hindu lady, pointed out that if the counsel wanted to talk about Islamic laws then Jahanzeb Niazi should be ready to face proceedings under the Hudood Law.
At the start of the hearing the judge wanted to know if the parties had reached any consensus to resolve the matter.
Advocate Binyamin presented agreed conditions in writing and claimed that the parties had honoured them.
However, Desais counsel Advocate Aftab Ahmad Bajwa rejected the claim saying his client had directions from Canadian authorities not to sign any agreement.
At this Mr Binyamin asked the court to decide the case on merit. Arguing, he challenged the jurisdiction of the high court to decide guardianship of a child.
Advocate Bajwa intervened and said the guardianship of three and half years Azan Sohail Niazi had already been decided by a Canadian court in favour of Roshni Desai.
Advocate Binyamin responded if the mother had any order of the Canadian court she should adopt the due process for its execution and contact the Pakistani high commission in Canada. He said that she could not seek relief directly from a court in Pakistan on the basis of that order. He also quoted a relevant law in this regard.
Justice Munir, however, asked the counsel: You mean that a foreigner cannot invoke Pakistani law?
The counsel could not give a satisfactory reply and tried to divert the courts attention towards alleged poor mental health of Ms Desai, claiming she had twice attempted suicide in Canada. He asked the court to order medical examination of the mother before deciding the case.
He also objected to the presence of a Canadian embassy official in the court on every hearing. However, he failed to defend his objection when the judge observed that there was no harm if they came with their citizens.
Being annoyed at `irrelevant arguments of the counsel, Justice Munir urged him to come up with some solid points which could be appreciated by the court.
At this advocate Binyamin referred to Contact Act and said only offer and acceptance was sufficient to solemnize a marriage. The judge remarked that the couple was not even enjoying status of husband-wife under the Canadian law.
Ms Desais counsel pointed out that an illegitimate child could be handed over to father under the Canadian law but in Pakistan the child had to be given to mother.
After hearing the counsels, the judge announced his short verdict and allowed Roshni Desai to retain the custody of her son and also ordered court officials to return her passport.
Justice Munir observed, Under Islamic laws, in case of an illegitimate child, the tie between mother and child is stronger than the tie between father and the child. And father cannot become guardian of an illegitimate child.
Rejecting the plea of Jahanzebs counsel to stop the lady from taking the child to Canada, the judge observed the child was in Canada and had been removed from Canada. Roshni is free to go wherever she wants to go, he said and ruled that she had exclusive right of custody being single parent of the child.
The judge also asked advocate Binyamin to wait for the detailed judgment when he announced approaching a civil court to get a stay order against removal of the child from Pakistan.
Justice Munir, before announcing his verdict, once again proposed the lady that she could accept the conditions of settlement set by Jahanzeb which carried some monetary benefit too. But she refused to get any financial benefit saying, My child is more important for me than money.
The 28-year-old Roshni Desai, who belongs to medical profession, was happy on court decision. She expressed her confidence in Pakistani courts and left the high court along with an official of the Canadian embassy. She was set to take off for Canada through a special flight on Friday night.(http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/16/canadian-childs-custody-chl-rules-in-favour-of-mother.html/print/)

awan4ever

Re: Canadian child`s custody: CHL rules in favour of mother !!!

Yet another conspiracy by the Zionest West!!
Stealing children of Muslims to convert them into undercover agents to infiltrate the Fortress of Islam and steal our nuclear weapons!!

This was predicted by Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid many years ago in the following words :

"Meray bacho yahood o nasara tumhein utha ker lay jain gay, yaqeen keejeaye"

A famous mard-e-mujahid Drkjke has termed this a failure of the munafiq kafir army of Pakistan which was unable to protect a small child from the enemies of Islam. He went on to say that only the true Arab blooded muslims of the great kingdom of Saudi Arabia are capable of stopping such atrocities and they will come down from the mountains one day and slit the throats of all munafiq murtid hindu blooded locals.

canadian

Really unfortunate.He had illicit relationship with a Hindu lady and a child was born.He brought that child to Pakistan without Mother's consent.He should be booked under The Hudood Laws as The Learned Judge pointed out.

zardarifan

MPA (400+ posts)

Dude do you write something by yourself as well or depends only on cut and paste, sorry no offence, asking just for curiosity.

canadian

Dude do you write something by yourself as well or depends only on cut and paste, sorry no offence, asking just for curiosity.

Dude I think it's none of you business and please in future mind your own ! UNDERSTAND.

zardarifan

MPA (400+ posts)

Dude I think it's none of you business and please in future mind your own ! UNDERSTAND.

Hey buddy, don't be so rude, I know Canadian are nice and gentle people, but you are over reacting.lol

canadian

You Dad's looking for you.he says your mother's missing........lol:lol:

hans

Banned

Can I ask one question... Will the illicit father of the child be give any Islamic punishment?
As its very clear that this Pakistani Muslim male Adult, was having physical relationship with a women.
Secondly the women is Kafir.

Will any one let me know ... if this person be shot like the last Governor of Punjab or shall be Lashed till his skin peel off?

Come on Salfist brothers, show me your Saudi Arabia justice.

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)

u sound like one of those fanatics....who love to point fingers on otherz,,,,
Can I ask one question... Will the illicit father of the child be give any Islamic punishment?
As its very clear that this Pakistani Muslim male Adult, was having physical relationship with a women.

Will any one let me know ... if this person be shot like the last Governor of Punjab or shall be Lashed till his skin peel off?

Spartacus

Yet another conspiracy by the Zionest West!!
Stealing children of Muslims to convert them into undercover agents to infiltrate the Fortress of Islam and steal our nuclear weapons!!

This was predicted by Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid many years ago in the following words :

"Meray bacho yahood o nasara tumhein utha ker lay jain gay, yaqeen keejeaye"

A famous mard-e-mujahid Drkjke has termed this a failure of the munafiq kafir army of Pakistan which was unable to protect a small child from the enemies of Islam. He went on to say that only the true Arab blooded muslims of the great kingdom of Saudi Arabia are capable of stopping such atrocities and they will come down from the mountains one day and slit the throats of all munafiq murtid hindu blooded locals.

I can only laugh ......People like you can only see from one direction.
This matter is nothing to do with ISLAM or any other religion.
This is a simple matter of faimly......
Father stole the kid from mother and took him to another country.
Mother wants that kid should remain with her .
If this father was a good islamic person then he should had asked girl to convert islam and after that he should had marry her.
Instead of marry what he did we all know. ( We do not need to repeat here ).
I do remember a movie ..Not Without My Daughter ...
Now we have enough information to make another movie ......Not Without My Child ....

canadian

Any relationship with these chaps mentioned in The News ????

awan4ever

I can only laugh ......People like you can only see from one direction.
This matter is nothing to do with ISLAM or any other religion.
This is a simple matter of faimly......
Father stole the kid from mother and took him to another country.
Mother wants that kid should remain with her .
If this father was a good islamic person then he should had asked girl to convert islam and after that he should had marry her.
Instead of marry what he did we all know. ( We do not need to repeat here ).
I do remember a movie ..Not Without My Daughter ...
Now we have enough information to make another movie ......Not Without My Child ....

Sarcasm.
Ever heard of the word?
Urdu mein isko tanz kehtay hein.

Shukria.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

HI! how is your PAN, he must have smelled the baby? ;)

I think, according to Islamic Sharia Law, as his crime is proved and needs no other proof, he must be subjected to one of the following punishments:

1. 100 Lashes/flogs, in case he has never married.
2. Stoned to death if he has ever married.

Moreover, a scholar in Fiqh can answer it in a more comprehensive way.

Can any sulfi brother satisfy Hans?

Last edited:

baaghi01

Senator (1k+ posts)

What do you guys say about this order by this judge btw? He should have looked at the law or the GREATER GOOD???
OK what happened, happened nobody can justify it but now what would the child turn out to be??? A paarsi???
Iss judge ki aqal ghaas charne gai hui thi ya pehli baar bahir ki bachi ko itne paas se dekha tha. She came to Pak on April 10th and took the kid in 3,4 days.

Last edited: