Can Al Qaeda Succeed in India?

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
http://www.riazhaq.com/2014/09/al-qaeda-can-succeed-in-india-only-if.html

Ayman Al-Zawahiri, successor to Osama Bin Laden as Al Qaeda chief, has announced plans to "raise the flag of jihad" in South Asia, particularly India. Zawahiri said that the new wing would save Muslims from injustice and oppression, and bring relief for Muslims "in Burma [Myanmar], Bangladesh, Assam, Gujarat, Ahmedabad, and Kashmir", according to Indian media reports.

In a video released by Al Qaeda, Zawahiri has made two references to the western state of Gujarat, the home state of India's Hindu Nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is widely believed to be at least partly responsible for the 2002 riots in which thousands of Muslims were massacred in Gujarat.

Can Al Qaeda Succeed in India?

Can Al Qaeda succeed in "raising the flag of jihad" in India? Are the conditions in India conducive for Al Qaeda to take root? These are the important questions being raised among south Asia watchers ad analysts. In my view the answer to these questions would depend mainly on how the Modi government reacts to this threat.

What is the State of Muslims in India?

It is not a secret that there is widespread discrimination against Indian Muslims in education, employment and housing.

India's criminal justice system is clearly stacked against Muslims and other minorities. Muslims make up 13% of India's population but 28% of Indian prisoners. Similarly, Christians make up 2.8% of India's population but 6% of India's prison population. Meanwhile, the newly elected parliament has just 4% Muslim representation.

There is ongoing ghettoization of Muslims in Indian cities. Muslims are routinely and systematically excluded from living in nice urban neighborhoods.

Indian Muslims are now worse off than the lowest-caste Hindus, or Dalits, in terms of education and employment. The 2013 update of the Sachar Commission report shows there has been little improvement for Muslims since the original report published 2006.

Will Hindu Nationalists Frame More Muslims on Terror Charges?

Hindu Nationalists and there allies in the Indian government machinery have used the US global war on terror as a convenient cover to launch a concerted campaign of terror against Indian Muslims. Large numbers of Muslims in various parts of India continue to languish in jails on trumped-up terror charges, suffering brutal torture as well as routine insults to their religion by police officials., according to Indian journalist Yoginder Sikand.

In addition, several Hindutva terror groups, and their affiliates, have carried out a number of bomb blasts across India in the last few years, and tried to pin the blame on Indian Muslims or the Pakistan's intelligence service ISI. A retired high-ranking Indian police official S.M. Mushrif has described nearly a dozen blasts conducted by Hindutva terror groups of different stripes. He argues that a section of Indias intelligence services, a small group in the armed forces and parts of different state police forces have been compromised and infiltrated by these elements, a development that bodes ill for the future of the country, and the region.

Summary:

Conditions already exist today, especially after the recent success of the Sangh Parivar in India, for Al Qaeda to succeed in persuading many resentful Indian Muslims to join its "jihad" in South Asia. If the latest video threat from Al Qaeda chief intensifies framing of innocent Muslims on terror charges by the new Hindu Nationalist government led by Narendra Modi, then the chances of Al Qaeda's success would dramatically increase in India.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2014/09/al-qaeda-can-succeed-in-india-only-if.html

Believer12

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
انڈیا نے ساحل پر کھڑے ہو کر موجوں کا نظارہ بہت کر لیا ہے اب ذرا اسی درد و تکلیف کا مزہ بھی لے جسمیں سے ہماری پوری قوم پینتیس سال سے گزر رہی ہے
بڑی طاقتیں پھر احرار الہند بنوا کر دہشت گردی کو جاری رکھنے کی نوید دے چکی ہیں تو کیوں نہ ایک سٹیک ہولڈر کا اضافہ ہوجاۓ یعنی انڈیا بھی لپیٹ میں آئے کیونکہ جب تک کوی خود تکلیف نہیں اٹھاتا وہ محسوس نہیں کرسکتا

سوری لیکن ہم نے پینتیس سال تکلیف اٹھای اور لوگوں نے صرف کنارے پر کھڑے ہو کر موجوں کا نظارہ کیا

hans

Banned
correct me on this.... Al Qaeda or Al Faida wants to protect Indian Muslim rights?

Then why does it kill Pakistani Muslim in in such large numbers????

Farah Qureshi

Councller (250+ posts)
As a muslim I find myself completely safe in india...muslims of india have other better things to do...plz search some other playground...India is on a growth trajectory ,with many window of opportunities and avenues making it harder for anyone to spew radicalization of indian youths.They are busy earning million of dollars for india and making country safe for their kids tomorrow.

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
As a muslim I find myself completely safe in india...muslims of india have other better things to do...plz search some other playground...India is on a growth trajectory ,with many window of opportunities and avenues making it harder for anyone to spew radicalization of indian youths.They are busy earning million of dollars for india and making country safe for their kids tomorrow.

Even the Indian govt.'s own data contradicts what you are claiming. Indian Muslims are the new untouchables in India...worse off than the lowest caste Hindus.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/03/pakistan-day-looking-at-1940-lahore.html

kkkkk

Minister (2k+ posts)
India is playing up this drama only to hide its Hindu extremism in the propaganda against Islam. Means Indian CBI which is already behind so many false flab operations like Mumbai drama, Samjotha Express etc, etc, etc is in the process of creating a paid agents group that would also serve the purpose of suppressing Muslims and Kashmiris in India in the name of Al Qaida. All these dramas are old and well known. Indian CBI should not try to fool anybody by thinking themselves to be too clever. They will pay the price of their false flag operations. Al Qaida drama will not serve but destroy their cherished objectives. Be careful CBI of your actions!

Farah Qureshi

Councller (250+ posts)
cant argue as thr is no end to it ..just telling what I felt growing in this country...its my personal opinion...nd trust me I am neutral as I have relatives on both sides of border..today economy defines the rules...if one has skill..u r in demand...finally the multinationals sees profit..not that I m hindu or muslim...every country has flaws..negative aspects get highlighted more...

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

shafoo

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
ye baath zawahiri ko kon samjaye ga? ab kuch nahi hosakta, buss mehmaannwazi ka intizam karlo. q k al qaedaa wale arahe hy.

chandbibi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Haha. I can only laugh at the desperation of this man Al Zawahiri. Indian Muslims are the more peaceful muslims of the sub-continent because they rejected the two nation theory and have decided to live in their natural environment, rather than an artificially created muslim state. If a foreigner asks any Indian muslim who he is, the answer will be I am an Indian. Al Zawahiri can day dream all he likes but this fasadi mindset left India in 1947. Al Qaeda is a spent force and India will be their nemesis if they even try to step in here.

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
AQ's intent is sure to make internal security a new priority for Mr. Modi, who already has a full plate. It remains to be seen whether his government will prove any more successful than previous governments in addressing the root causes of the Naxalites' success -- a failure to meet many Indians' basic needs, and the grinding poverty that endures in much of the country.

This is happening while the world is transfixed at the rapid rise of the IS, and aghast at the inability of any country to stop its march across the Levant. The birth of the world's newest nation and its newest failed state --the IS -- and the ability of groups like AQ to simply declare what they intend to do, almost at will, have served to demonstrate just how feeble the established international order has become.

The truth is that Syria and Iraq are slowly disintegrating. Short of committing hundreds of thousands of troops to both countries in a lengthy and sustained battle -- which will not happen -- it seems likely that, at a minimum, IS will retain most of the gains it has made, and may claim even greater territory in Syria, Iraq, and greater Kurdistan in the weeks and months to come.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-wagner/al-qaedas-move-in-india-p_b_5768184.html