!4 August - A day mixed with sorrows and joys for me!!!!

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear friends
As an old member of this forum, I want to share with all of you some of my personal memories that are attached with 14 August. I will start here with some sentimental incidents that brought some kind of sorrows in my life and at the end I will tell you what is the greatest happiness I got in this remarkable day. You will be pleased and surprised.

1- On 14 august 1948, my Dada, Dadi and their children were migrating from India to Pakistan. My Dada was SP in an Indian city and he opted to migrate to Pakistan on Muslim League's appeal as they were short of administrative staff in this newly built country. Anyways, in somewhere near to Amritser, the train was looted by Sikh people and they snatched and abducted my two years of uncle from my Dadi's lap. We never found that two year old boy after that.
I can never forget the tears in my Dadi's eyes. She was a mother and always missed his little one. She paid the biggest price to be a Pakistani.
Today, in Vancouver, when I see any Sikh sardar ji of mid 60s, I thought maybe he is my lost uncle, who knows??????

2- Last year, my wife lost her father on 14 August. My father-in-law was a an ex pak army soldier and he fought three battles for Pakistan, he used to say it was by wish to get shahadat. But he died on 14 August 2010 with dignity and love for Pakistan in his heart and soul.

3- Due to immense affiliation of my family with Pakistan, it was very common practice in our households to celebrate 14 August like a festival. We grew up in that environment. When I was in Karachi University, we always celebrated that day with its full spirit. We were in North Nazimabad, and we used to decorate our point bus of North Nazimabad with Pakistan's flags and then a competition started among all areas of point buses of Karachi, to decorate their bus the most. We used to go Abbasi Hospital and edhi center to take care of the needy ones. I never forgot those days.

4- Now come to the best part of my story, I met my wife in one of those buses. She was a daughter of a soldier and I was a grandson of "original" muslim leagueys.
Pakistan was and still is in our blood arteries, so due to 14 August, we came together, and after few years when our parents decided for us to get us marry, both of us told our parents that we want our wedding day on 14 August. So we got that day.
5- So 14 August is our wedding anniversary as well. We celebrate this day, but with Pakistan. We invite our Pakistani and Non-Pakistani friends and our son and his friends deliver speeches and some Qaumi Naghme and at the end we all sing Pakistani and Canadian national anthems.
This year also we have some plans, but with a little change as because of the death anniversary of my father-in-law and due to Ramazan. We will celebrate this day but with a different manner. Please suggest what we should do.
Thanks
Aijaz

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear friends
As an old member of this forum, I want to share with all of you some of my personal memories that are attached with 14 August. I will start here with some sentimental incidents that brought some kind of sorrows in my life and at the end I will tell you what is the greatest happiness I got in this remarkable day. You will be pleased and surprised.

1- On 14 august 1948, my Dada, Dadi and their children were migrating from India to Pakistan. My Dada was SP in an Indian city and he opted to migrate to Pakistan on Muslim League's appeal as they were short of administrative staff in this newly built country. Anyways, in somewhere near to Amritser, the train was looted by Sikh people and they snatched and abducted my two years of uncle from my Dadi's lap. We never found that two year old boy after that.
I can never forget the tears in my Dadi's eyes. She was a mother and always missed his little one. She paid the biggest price to be a Pakistani.
Today, in Vancouver, when I see any Sikh sardar ji of mid 60s, I thought maybe he is my lost uncle, who knows??????

2- Last year, my wife lost her father on 14 August. My father-in-law was a an ex pak army soldier and he fought three battles for Pakistan, he used to say it was by wish to get shahadat. But he died on 14 August 2010 with dignity and love for Pakistan in his heart and soul.

3- Due to immense affiliation of my family with Pakistan, it was very common practice in our households to celebrate 14 August like a festival. We grew up in that environment. When I was in Karachi University, we always celebrated that day with its full spirit. We were in North Nazimabad, and we used to decorate our point bus of North Nazimabad with Pakistan's flags and then a competition started among all areas of point buses of Karachi, to decorate their bus the most. We used to go Abbasi Hospital and edhi center to take care of the needy ones. I never forgot those days.

4- Now come to the best part of my story, I met my wife in one of those buses. She was a daughter of a soldier and I was a grandson of "original" muslim leagueys.
Pakistan was and still is in our blood arteries, so due to 14 August, we came together, and after few years when our parents decided for us to get us marry, both of us told our parents that we want our wedding day on 14 August. So we got that day.
5- So 14 August is our wedding anniversary as well. We celebrate this day, but with Pakistan. We invite our Pakistani and Non-Pakistani friends and our son and his friends deliver speeches and some “Qaumi Naghme” and at the end we all sing Pakistani and Canadian national anthems.
This year also we have some plans, but with a little change as because of the death anniversary of my father-in-law and due to Ramazan. We will celebrate this day but with a different manner. Please suggest what we should do.
Thanks
Aijaz

Amazing Aijaz bhai!! Thank you for sharing.

Since I like food, I say hold an Iftar dinner and before that some sort of remembrance for your father-in-law. However your family does it.

mehwish_ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear friends

5- So 14 August is our wedding anniversary as well. We celebrate this day, but with Pakistan. We invite our Pakistani and Non-Pakistani friends and our son and his friends deliver speeches and some Qaumi Naghme and at the end we all sing Pakistani and Canadian national anthems.
Thanks
Aijaz

حیراں ہوں، پریشاں ہوں، خوش ہوں پر غمگیں بھی ہوں۔۔۔۔ کیا بیاں کروں کہ کس حالت میں میں ہوں؟

اگر آپ کے سسر کی قبر کینیڈا میں قریب ہے، تو آپ اپنے عزیزوں کے ساتھ قبرستان جا سکتے ہیں۔ انکے لیے دعا کر سکتے ہیں۔ انہیں یاد کر سکتے ہیں۔

اسکے بعد آپ آزادی کی تقریبات میں شریک ہو سکتے ہیں۔

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan will live for ever and ever. Ameen

We came to Pakistan from New Delhi few days before the day of independence after escaping massacre from the enemy mob. I still have the same dream of 14 August 1947 for my Pakistan and InshaAllah, I hope to live long enough to see my dream come true; and once again, Pakistan is ruled by men of honesty, sincerity and honour as found in Mohammed Ali Jinnah.

As a young boy, I was there in Karachi on 14 August 1947 listening and saluting Quaid-e-Azam Independence Speech. My father took us to the ground and positioned me and my brother as high as possible so that we could have a glimpse of the great man. It was the proudest moment of our lives and still remember the day.

Pakistan will InshaAllah will become the shining glory for the rest of Islamic world but we have to return to our Islamic teachings and roots.

We will InshaAllah make Pakistan the greatest Islamic State in the world.