Windows Phone 8 - Nokia Lumia 928 - Any windows phone users on this forum?

Liaqat Hussain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
These days I'm trying different phones to figure out which suits me the best.

This week I got Nokia Lumia 928. First impression is that it has a Great, fluid fast software.

In last few months I have used Samsung Galaxy S4, Iphone 5 and BlackBerry Z10, just to get the taste of what all the soft wares feels like.

Samsung Galaxy S4:

I love google products and Android phones have them all. Majority of the nerds like Android because they can root it and can do funky things. I don't really have time for these kind of things. My experience is totally based on user experience.

The software is too sticky. Even though S4 specs wise is a power house but it sticks compare to other phones software. If you are coming from an iphone, you will see an obvious difference in performance. it isn't a really good looking phone but that issue is resolved by htc one.

Also android system is prone to get viruses etc. A lot of apps but tons of junk as well.

If Android can come over this stickiness factor, they have my vote.

Iphone 5

Still no customization and widgets. Same old look! That is the only down side on iphone.

Amazing software, any and every app is available. No stickiness factor. You don't have to worry about viruses etc. Just a flawless experience.

BlackBerry z10

Different experience from apple and android. You control everything with gestures and i really liked that. If you are not an app users and only use it for emails etc. It has a great messaging hub where you can find all the messages emails, text, facebook and twitter all at one spot. Nicely organized.
No apps...even the basic apps are missing. I'm an app user so quickly gave up on it.

Windows phone

What a gorgeous device this lumia 928 is. A bit thick because its wireless charging but still stands out.
I love windows software. It is probably the most stable software out of all. no stickyness what so ever. Very responsive.

With Amoled screen, live tiles look amazing! I love how you can customize it. I would stick to this phone for good BUT not a single google app on it except google search. All the apps are made by some novice developers. Microsoft needs to at least have all the basic apps developed. They probably need another 2-3 years before people can look over this down side. Right Now I have to move on and will probably end up sticking with an iphone 5s or s4.

to sum it up.

I would want windows software + black berry z10's messaging hub + android's google softwares & iphone's security in just one device. That would probably never happen so we have to give up one thing or another

I would definitely try windows phone again in a year two...hopefully they will be better app wise.

nokia_lumia_928.jpg

Verizon-Nokia-Lumia-928-Back.jpg

nokiLUMI928_2.jpg

KK YASIR

Minister (2k+ posts)
i don't like windows phone .. bored just after 1 minute of exploring it... i love Samsung phone like S4 and Note 2

CA 5 O

Senator (1k+ posts)
I had a windows phone and it was a Nokia. Gave it up because the software itself sucks. The Nokia lumia I had was just OK. Windows phone is not mac friendly. Limited apps option as well.

Muawiyah

MPA (400+ posts)
i think bb10 is best, unique experience but lacking apps, bb is working hard to get apps, wait few more months, rumors are coming about A10 with 5" screen and hoping to get more apps. i was using Android before but left the platform after YouTube incident. now using windows phone and Blackberry. but after leakage of PRISM i think BB10 would be better choice of all

Note 2 is just too big. I like something portable that fits in hand nicely. Everyone has a different preference. For me out of all the devices, iphone 5 fits the best and it is the lightest as well.
Boss I use now a days phone for. Every thing I need it note 2 best for me

Adeel

Founder
I am windows phone app developer. I mostly build for Urdu users. See my apps at

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/search?q=umar riaz

please download and give good reviews & suggestions.

Windows 8 users are begging for apps on this platform. BIG BIG opportunity for developers. You are only targeting Pakistanis. Target the west and you will be making tons of money. People who made good apps for android and iphone are millionaires right now. Windows platform doesn't even have the basic apps.

umarriaz

MPA (400+ posts)
Windows 8 users are begging for apps on this platform. BIG BIG opportunity for developers. You are only targeting Pakistanis. Target the west and you will be making tons of money. People who made good apps for android and iphone are millionaires right now. Windows platform doesn't even have the basic apps.

I am building these apps just as a hobby and wants to do something good for Pakistanis and Urdu language. It is not intended to make money (so far). Pakistani smart phone share is less than one percent of the world. Most of my urdu language apps are bought by Pakistanis living abroad. I have just one 'iNote' app for english users and it is getting a good response.

I am a software developer myself and lives in US. I don't get much time to build more apps. Anybody interested in building WP, W8, Android or iOS apps and have some C++/C#/java Programming experience can contact me. I can help a lot.
email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Adeel

Founder
I am building these apps just as a hobby and wants to do something good for Pakistanis and Urdu language. It is not intended to make money (so far). Pakistani smart phone share is less than one percent of the world. Most of my urdu language apps are bought by Pakistanis living abroad. I have just one 'iNote' app for english users and it is getting a good response.

I am a software developer myself and lives in US. I don't get much time to build more apps. Anybody interested in building WP, W8, Android or iOS apps and have some C++/C#/java Programming experience can contact me. I can help a lot.
email: [email protected]

Why not iphone and android apps? Do you have to have different skills for those platforms?

How many iNote have you sold so far? If you don't mind me asking.

macbeth

Minister (2k+ posts)
bhaio ao apna apna smart fone sale karien... or aik aik gareeb gher kay liay ramzaan ky raashan ka arrange karien..:jazak: