Why Pakistan Lost 99 World Cup Final? Ijaz Ahmad Shares Inside Info

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
In other words he is somehow saying that maybe there was fixing involved when The captain said that It was team decision, but in fact it wasn't team decision but Captain's decision.

khadim125

Voter (50+ posts)
اگر یہ بندہ صحیح کہہ رہا ہے تو تمام کرکٹرز کو فارغ کر کے اگلے ورلڈ کپ کا فیصلہ صرف ٹاس پر کر لینا چاہیے ۔ بیہودہ استدلال

khadim125

Voter (50+ posts)

روف کلاسر نے اپنے کالم میں ظفر الطاف کے حوالے سے واضع طور پر اس شکست کا ذمہ نواز شریف کے پیغام پر ڈالا ہے۔ جس میں نواز شریف نے پاکستانی ٹیم کو دھمکی دی تھی ۔ یاد رہے کہ ٹیم واپسی پر نورے نے اپنی دھمکی پر عمل بھی کیا اور ملک قیوم کے ذریعے وسیم اکرم کو بین کر دیا۔

Last edited:

Zamaray Khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Wasseem was a proper match fixer.
I play domestic cricket here in the uk . Even a club cricketr knows to bat second on a wet track in England ,how come a great and experience bowler like Waseem didn't know that.
After Imran Pakistan cricket went in the hands of prostitutes .

Khallas

اگر یہ بندہ صحیح کہہ رہا ہے تو تمام کرکٹرز کو فارغ کر کے اگلے ورلڈ کپ کا فیصلہ صرف ٹاس پر کر لینا چاہیے ۔ بیہودہ استدلال

Ooo Bhai, Avein na shoro ho jaya karo, Match Say pehlay achi khasi barish hovi the. Out field kafi wet the, secondly air main kafi moisture tha jis ki waja say ball kafi swing ho rahi the

aur pehlay batting karna bohat muskil kam tha, 2nd inning main outfield bhi kafi dry ho chuki the or ball swing bhi us tarhan nahin ho rahi the. Bohat se occasion main toss hi match ka faisla karta hai.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Wasseem was a proper match fixer.
I play domestic cricket here in the uk . Even a club cricketr knows to bat second on a wet track in England ,how come a great and experience bowler like Waseem didn't know that.
After Imran Pakistan cricket went in the hands of prostitutes .

Up till now Pakistan team has poor record in chasing any conceivable total whilst batting second / last in the innings. In 1999 World Cup as well Pakistan lost all of its matches batting second until the Final match.

So on this point I want to give benefit of doubt to the then captain Wasim Akram as the incapability of Pakistani batsmen to hunt-down the totals should have weighed heavily on his mind after winning the toss on that eventful day.

Anyhow my serious doubts are still there in the matches against Bangladesh and India in the group stages and I think PCB didn't probe in right directions to unearth the reality of those doubtful losses of Pakistan team in that 1999 edition of World Championship.

Last edited:

Zamaray Khan

Up till now Pakistan team has poor record in chasing any conceivable total whilst batting second / last in the innings. In 1999 World Cup as well Pakistan lost all of its matches batting second until the Final match.

So on this point I want to give benefit of doubt to the then captain Wasim Akram as the incapability of Pakistani batsmen to hunt-down the totals should have weighed heavily on his mind after winning the toss on that eventful day.

Anyhow my serious doubts are still there in the matches against Bangladesh and India in the group stages and I think PCB didn't probe in right directions to unearth the reality of those doubtful losses of Pakistan team in that 1999 edition of World Championship.

My friend i would have appreciate if you would have explained logical on the behalf of Match fixer Waseem that why did he decide to bat first in the wet and heavy conditions of england .
As i mentioned before a club cricketer like myself would have not made that decision. Clearly the final was fixed and batting first on the wet wicket after winning the toss was the biggest proof.