We are the chosen one!

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes, we are chosen by Allah (swt) to be a Muslim but being Muslim is not a free pass to Jannah since many Muslims will not see the other side of the bridge over hellfire at the day of Judgement. People before us (i.e Israel) were once given chance to be great nation but they blew their chance by disobeying the messengers of Allah.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(5:12)

وَلَقَدْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَبَعَثْنَا مِنْهُمُ اثْنَيْ عَشَرَ نَقِيبًا ۖ وَقَالَ اللَّهُ إِنِّي مَعَكُمْ ۖ لَئِنْ أَقَمْتُمُ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتَيْتُمُ الزَّكَاةَ وَآمَنتُم بِرُسُلِي وَعَزَّرْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَقْرَضْتُمُ اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا لَّأُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَلَأُدْخِلَنَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۚ فَمَن كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ مِنكُمْ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ سَوَاءَ السَّبِيلِ
Transliteration
Walaqad akhatha Allahu meethaqabanee isra-eela wabaAAathna minhumu ithnay AAasharanaqeeban waqala Allahu innee maAAakum la-inaqamtumu assalata waataytumu azzakatawaamantum birusulee waAAazzartumoohum waaqradtumuAllaha qardan hasanan laokaffiranna AAankumsayyi-atikum walaodkhilannakum jannatin tajree mintahtiha al-anharu faman kafara baAAda thalikaminkum faqad dalla sawaa assabeel

Muhsin Khan
Indeed Allah took the covenant from the Children of Israel (Jews), and We appointed twelve leaders among them. And Allah said: "I am with you if you perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat and believe in My Messengers; honour and assist them, and lend to Allah a good loan. Verily, I will remit your sins and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise). But if any of you after this, disbelieved, he has indeed gone astray from the Straight Path."
Urdu
اور خدا نے بنی اسرائیل سے اقرار لیا اور ان میں ہم نے بارہ سردار مقرر کئے پھر خدا نے فرمایا کہ میں تمہارے ساتھ ہوں اگر تم نماز پڑھتے اور زکوٰة دیتے رہو گے اور میرے پیغمبروں پر ایمان لاؤ گے اور ان کی مدد کرو گے اور خدا کو قرض حسنہ دو گے تو میں تم سے تمہارے گناہ دور کر دوں گا اور تم کو بہشتوں میں داخل کروں گا جن کے نیچے نہریں بہہ رہی ہیں پھر جس نے اس کے بعد تم میں سے کفر کیا وہ سیدھے رستے سے بھٹک گیا

You might say, We dont have messenger now which is true but We have the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) and they tell us clearly what we need to do to become the chosen people of Allah (swt).

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
(3:110)

كُنتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ ۗ وَلَوْ آمَنَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَّهُم ۚ مِّنْهُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ
Transliteration
Kuntum khayra ommatin okhrijat linnasita/muroona bilmaAAroofi watanhawna AAani almunkariwatu/minoona billahi walaw amana ahlu alkitabilakana khayran lahum minhumu almu/minoona waaktharuhumualfasiqoon

Muhsin Khan
You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fasiqun (disobedient to Allah - and rebellious against Allah's Command).
Urdu
(مومنو) جتنی امتیں (یعنی قومیں) لوگوں میں پیدا ہوئیں تم ان سب سے بہتر ہو کہ نیک کام کرنے کو کہتے ہو اور برے کاموں سے منع کرتے ہو اور خدا پر ایمان رکھتے ہو اور اگر اہلِ کتاب بھی ایمان لے آتے تو ان کے لیے بہت اچھا ہوتا ان میں ایمان لانے والے بھی ہیں (لیکن تھوڑے) اور اکثر نافرمان ہیں

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
لیکن ہم اس اعزاز سے جان چھڑانے کی پوری کوشش کر رہے ہیں