Was Hazrat Mohammad (SAW) Unletered or Illiterate?

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
کر لو اس بندے کا مقابلہ اپنے ملا سے.

کیوں ہمارے ملک میں اسلام کو حلوے مانڈے کی دوکان کو چلانے کے لئے ملا نے ہائی جیک کر لیا ہے.

جاہل قوم کے جاہل ملا اور جاہل سیاستدان

BrotherKantu

سچ پوچھو تو ہم پاکستانیوں کو جلوس نکالنا چاہیے کہ ہمیں پڑھا لکھا ملا دو
آٹا کی بجاے ملا کے لئے جلوس نکالنے چاہئیں۔

ُ

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Yeah but the only problem with these modernist like Ghulam Ahmed Perwez, Abdul Elah Nazer and this guy is.

That you just can't change the meaning of the words of the Quran to suit your own perceptions. Poll the entire Arab speaking world about the meaning of the word Ummi, whether its unlettered or gentile and you will get your answer.

The Qur’ān has not merely been revealed in Arabic: it has been revealed in eloquent Arabic. The language is clear and cogent, and there is no vagueness in it; every word is unambiguous and every style adopted is well known to its addressees.

The Qur’ān says: "The faithful Spirit has brought it down into your heart [O Prophet] that you may become a warner [for people] in eloquent Arabic. (26:193-195) In the form of an Arabic Qur’ān, free from any ambiguity that they may save themselves [from punishment]. (39:28) "

This is an obvious reality about the Qur’ān. If this premise is accepted, then it must be conceded that no word used or style adopted by the Qur’ān is rare or unknown (shādh). Its words and styles are well known and conventionally understood by its addressees. No aspect of the language has any peculiarity or rarity in it. Consequently, while interpreting the Qur’ān, the conventionally understood and known meanings of the words should be taken into consideration. Apart from them, no interpretation is acceptable.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
No matter what, I am hell bound to deny the Quranic interpretation by Quran only Muslims.
The Quran was revealed in Quraish dialect and if you use Arabic lexicon you will find multiple meanings of each word.
If you follow the orthodox translation of the Quran than you will not be able to understand its true meanings In proper context.
The video clearly tells that Hazrat Mohammad (SAW) was literate and was able to read and write. But some people can't digest the truth as they were brought up by fake rawayat and their translation is based on these fake rawayaat which led them to deny the Quranic verses over thier rawayaat.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
No matter what, I am hell bound to deny the Quranic interpretation by Quran only Muslims.
The Quran was revealed in Quraish dialect and if you use Arabic lexicon you will find multiple meanings of each word.
If you follow the orthodox translation of the Quran than you will not be able to understand its true meanings In proper context.
The video clearly tells that Hazrat Mohammad (SAW) was literate and was able to read and write. But some people can't digest the truth as they were brought up by fake rawayat and their translation is based on these fake rawayaat which led them to deny the Quranic verses over thier rawayaat.
His whole argument is based on his translation of the word ummi from unlettered to gentile. And if you cannot prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt then his whole argument falls to pieces.

And I've proved to you from the Quran itself, that the Quran was revealed in a language that is free from ambiguity or any confusion. Hence ummi means unlettered and not gentile.

Meaning while interpreting the Qur’ān, the conventionally understood and known meanings of the words should be taken into consideration. Apart from them, no interpretation is acceptable.

Not make up your own translations and connections like the Quranists like to do, for example Tair translation birds into fast horses, or jinns into bediouns of the deserts so on and so forth.

Mughal1

Yeah but the only problem with these modernist like Ghulam Ahmed Perwez, Abdul Elah Nazer and this guy is.

That you just can't change the meaning of the words of the Quran to suit your own perceptions. Poll the entire Arab speaking world about the meaning of the word Ummi, whether its unlettered or gentile and you will get your answer.

The Qur’ān has not merely been revealed in Arabic: it has been revealed in eloquent Arabic. The language is clear and cogent, and there is no vagueness in it; every word is unambiguous and every style adopted is well known to its addressees.

The Qur’ān says: "The faithful Spirit has brought it down into your heart [O Prophet] that you may become a warner [for people] in eloquent Arabic. (26:193-195) In the form of an Arabic Qur’ān, free from any ambiguity that they may save themselves [from punishment]. (39:28) "

This is an obvious reality about the Qur’ān. If this premise is accepted, then it must be conceded that no word used or style adopted by the Qur’ān is rare or unknown (shādh). Its words and styles are well known and conventionally understood by its addressees. No aspect of the language has any peculiarity or rarity in it. Consequently, while interpreting the Qur’ān, the conventionally understood and known meanings of the words should be taken into consideration. Apart from them, no interpretation is acceptable.

Dear x, please tell me if you were there when human beings invented their human languages? You were definitely not there. People who wrote books came much much later than those who started human languages. This is why no grammarian worth the name will tell you that any human language was written according to any particular grammar rules. All dictionaries and grammar books came about much much later.

Meanwhile people have been coming up with new words and new meanings of words. This happened always and constantly and continues even today. No grammar book contains all the rules and even those rules that are in the grammar books are not necessarily 100% correct in each and every respect. Likewise no dictionary contains all the words ever used by a people of any particular language or their all meanings.

This is why your way of thinking in this matter is totally flawed, why? Because it does not work. My way of thinking is right 100%, why? Because it works.

If you believe words in any language are fixed in their number or in the number of their meanings then you are utterly wrong because real world realities contradict that. How do they do that? The universe is huge and number of things in it are countless. People discover new things or their new aspects each and every day and they need to name them and describe them in various ways as to what they are called and what are their attributes or qualities or properties or characteristics or behaviours etc etc.

This was happening right at the time of revelation of the quran as well. This is why to claim the quranic words don't have any meanings other than the ones used in some books written by people at the time is a false idea or claim.

I have given you links for this kind of information to go through. I cannot explain each and everything about human language nor to each and every individual. So kindly try and find out things for yourself as well instead of holding onto wrong ideas.

Have you looked through dictionary of parwez? He also provides you with references for meanings of words. He also gives you reference to mechanism whereby people derived meanings of words. The quran will have become a useless book if its words were limited by time of its revelation. This is why people give you reasons for various meanings of any particular word. That is the mechanism used for knowing meanings of a word. Take that meaning driving mechanism away and the quran becomes meaningless along with all human languages.

Is this then not proof enough for you to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the quranic worlds have multiple meanings? You see, we have words, we have some of their meanings and the mechanism whereby those meanings were obtained on basis of certain reasons then what does that prove? That proves beyond a shadow of doubt that each and every meaning of a word is fine so long as it is based upon appropriate reasoning and the very same mechanism whereby rest of meanings of any of the words were derived at any time during the life of a word.

This is what my study of the quran is about and that is why I can overlook ghamdi's criticism of parwez. Ghamdi did not study origin and development of human language as I did. I have explained these things in my writings on this forum in the links I have provided. I hope this explanation helps you see things as they should be seen in this particular aspect.

regards and all the best.

Mughal1

His whole argument is based on his translation of the word ummi from unlettered to gentile. And if you cannot prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt then his whole argument falls to pieces.

And I've proved to you from the Quran itself, that the Quran was revealed in a language that is free from ambiguity or any confusion. Hence ummi means unlettered and not gentile.

Meaning while interpreting the Qur’ān, the conventionally understood and known meanings of the words should be taken into consideration. Apart from them, no interpretation is acceptable.

Not make up your own translations and connections like the Quranists like to do, for example Tair translation birds into fast horses, or jinns into bediouns of the deserts so on and so forth.

Dear x, in your replies you seem to come across as a staunch ghamdi follower. Yes, words do have the meanings stated by you. Pick up some worthy dictionaries. They will tell you reasons why those meanings are ok.

Mughal1

No messenger of God was ignorant, illiterate, uneducated, untrained and unthinking fool. They were top people of their time that is why God chose them for leading humanity. Whoever has read the quran knows how much God encourages people for leaning and doing things.

It is because islam is deen and that means people cannot follow it reasonably well unless they are reasonably learned. It is because to live in this world properly people need to know a lot about this world and its realities and that is what education is about.

You cannot use things of this world properly if you do not understand them. Islam is about proper organisation and regulation of humanity for proper management of people and resources, means of production and distribution. This is why islam is a proper way of life for mankind, not some meaningless or useless religious hotch potch or mumbo jumbo.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Dear x, in your replies you seem to come across as a staunch ghamdi follower. Yes, words do have the meanings stated by you. Pick up some worthy dictionaries. They will tell you reasons why those meanings are ok.

I think its these Quranists and people like you who need to pick up some dictionaries. Till date none of you have been able to give any decent argument why your cooky translations are the right one.

FORCE

MPA (400+ posts)
“And the messenger said: ‘My Lord, my people have deserted this Qur’an.’ And it is so that We make for every prophet enemies from among the criminals. And your Lord suffices as a Guide and a Victor.” (Qur’an 25:30-31)

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
It is not due to a lack of prayers, or the length of the beard, or the dress code of women that God has abandoned the Muslims. It has been because we have abandoned God’s word and have taken other paths and other gods besides Him without even realizing it. God tells us that we are supposed to resort to His Book for judgment, yet we see Muslims time and time again resorting to their imams, or schol-ars, or leadership, or the Arab League, or the United Nations, or any other body except the one they were commanded to adhere to:“And We have sent down to you the Scripture with truth, au-thenticating what is present of the Scripture and superseding it. So judge between them by what God has sent down, and do not follow their desires from what has come to you of the truth. For each of you We have made laws, and a structure; and had God willed, He would have made you all one nation, but He tests you with what He has given you; so strive to do good. To God you will return all of you, and He will inform you regarding that in which you dispute. And judge between them by what God has sent down, and do not follow their wishes, and beware lest they divert you away from some of what God has sent down to you. If they turn away, then know that God wants to inflict them with some of their sins; and most of the people are corrupt. Is it the judgment of the days of ignorance that they seek? Who is better than God as a judge for a people that comprehend?” (Qur’an 5:48-50)