UK will do well to keep deaths under 20,000

P@triot

Senator (1k+ posts)
That's their benchmark of performance...and look how patwaris and bhutwaris barking day and night about the steps taken by the government without even thinking about the severity of the situation...some people here are shamelessly comparing the number of deaths between sindh and punjab...why??? what would you get out of it???

Ko Ko Korina

Councller (250+ posts)
That's their benchmark of performance...and look how patwaris and bhutwaris barking day and night about the steps taken by the government without even thinking about the severity of the situation...some people here are shamelessly comparing the number of deaths between sindh and punjab...why??? what would you get out of it???

there was only ONE WAY out of this for a country like Pakistan i.e, Total Enforced Lockdown ...........and that would have happened atleast a month ago.

ALAS, this proved to be too much for a crackhead Prime Minister !

Londoner/Lahori

Minister (2k+ posts)
there was only ONE WAY out of this for a country like Pakistan i.e, Total Enforced Lockdown ...........and that would have happened atleast a month ago.

Check out, what happened to India’s curfew today, especially in Delhi, total lock down would bring enormous numbers of death.

Aslan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Every year 600,000 people die in UK due to old age,illness and seasonal flu.Many people have died in recent weeks but no one knows how many exactly died from coronavirus.The statisticians will come up with realistics figures after the coronavirus is gone.The excess death above the normal yearly average will be most likely due to coronavirus.

PIND-WALA

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think they are setting the limits too high to begin with. Most likely there wont be that many deaths.

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
UK govt is a failure...responsible Boris johnson and his health minister hiding in isolation...They should be prosecuted for negligence and killing thousands of people.
............Wahid hal ISLAMI INQELAB, sabr karo......................

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
Every year 600,000 people die in UK due to old age,illness and seasonal flu.Many people have died in recent weeks but no one knows how many exactly died from coronavirus.The statisticians will come up with realistics figures after the coronavirus is gone.The excess death above the normal yearly average will be most likely due to coronavirus.
Their is a catch, I read somewhere that excess deaths can be attributed to covid and they were just comparing the deaths of last year with current. But the current year death rate can also be increased because more people are getting old this year like the proportion of old and young was different last year and now its different the avg age is increasing in europe so they also have to consider this factor

P@triot

Senator (1k+ posts)

You can rant as much as you like but put yourself in a PM's shoes...He has to deal with economy, law & order, public welfare etc etc and biggest of all to deal with a big segment of illiterate people...what choices do you have?? enforced lockdown is not a viable solution..check the stats from italy...the ONLY solution is our public to understand that its an effing joint responsibility and something that is under THEIR control...why do you need someone on the street to tell you to go back to your house when you CAN do that yourself??? why do you want to blame the government for your careless attitude?? Please keep your political differences aside and tell us a pragmatic solution..thanks