The British empire's Bin Laden... look back into History (August 12, 1844 June 22, 1885)

hans

Banned
muhammad_ahmad_al-mahdi.jpg
Muhammad Ahmad, known as the Mahdi, was behind the destruction of the British garrison at Khartoum and the murder of Governor General Charles Gordon - a profound shock to imperial Britain.

Ahmad made his name fighting a rival imperial power the "infidel" government loyal to the Ottoman Sultan - just as Bin Laden cut his teeth against the Soviets, before turning against America.

The British government, and even Gordon, underestimated the threat posed by Ahmad until it was too late and the garrison at Khartoum had been annihilated.
Ahmad was not killed in a British raid - he died of typhus. But Lord Kitchener destroyed his tomb to prevent it becoming a rallying point for disciples and had his bones thrown into the Nile.

Kitchener is said to have retained the skull as a paperweight.

There are lessons from Ahmad's movement - he had chosen three deputies to succeed him who they began squabbling as soon as he died. The movement unravelled as a result.

Ahmad's tomb was, however, subsequently rebuilt.

for more information go to:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Muhammad_Ahmad

hans

Banned
<><><><><>
Further the reason for the original post is to ratify that .. in the past we Muslim had Ton of UBL coming and going.... So if UBL dies.. other will take his place and try there luck.... for a World Order that only lives and can be[/I] perceived in the Clouds...

Once again I will remind my reader to recite
Surah Al Feel (105)– The Elephant This Surah was Revealed in Makkah....

Read the Translation, and try figuring out who is the actual grantor and custodian for Islam? People like UBL fight not for Islam but for promotion of a Sect or worldly gain.

Time for Mole to build some reputation...

Last edited by a moderator: