Teacher decapitated in France by a terrorist

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
At the same time you cannot pretend that whole Pakistan follows Ghamdi and peaceful versions of Islam.
There is no this or that version of Islam, there is only one, which you keep insisting is the true actual one that people like this dipshit killer believes in. because you have that huge chip on your shoulder . Hence I decided a while back not to entertain your Islamophobic rants anymore.

As for the rest, I don't care who interprets what in what way. I am not responsible of their actions.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
And let me guess... its specifically the version that you believe in right?

And hats exactly what they say about the version they believe in and then it just turns into what they say vs what you say and at the end of the day we are right where we started.

The point still stands that there are things that are and have been associated with Islam that can be and have been interpreted in the way that leads to such acts. Its not a remote incident that just one sect or one country caries out, many different sects and many different versions/sects of Islam from differen countries have came to the same conclusions.

The way Quran and other Islamic knowledge has been passed down since Muhammad's time, such things were bound to happen. Firka, sects, versions were bound to be formed.

There is no this or that version of Islam, there is only one,m.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I will never justify the killing of any human being based on a derogatory remark about someone's religion.
At the same token, the world especially the western world should realize that freedom of speech does not mean that you violate and ridicule anyone's religion as it hurts their feelings and that can have an adverse reaction.
In his last year's address in the UN general assembly Imran Khan, PM of Pakistan was the only loud voice who tried to tell everyone that they should respect every human being's choice of religion.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
blah blah blah
1bgin7.jpg

Vitamin_C

Well, I am sorry for giving you the benefit of doubt and assuming you to be a reasonable human being, I wont make that mistake again. All you have to offer on this topic is to attack me personally and when I point it out you just ignore what I say because you have no answer to my arguments, other than your specific version of Islam is wrong and the rest of the Muslim world is not Muslim. I'm sorry but that's not an argument.

You are the one who usually starts it off by quoting me, none the less, good idea.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Well, I am sorry for giving you the benefit of doubt and assuming you to be a reasonable human being, I wont make that mistake again. All you have to offer on this topic is to attack me personally and when I point it out you just ignore what I say because you have no answer to my arguments, other than your specific version of Islam is wrong and the rest of the Muslim world is not Muslim. I'm sorry but that's not an argument.
Wha'ever Trevor

michael jutt

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
La ikrah fi deen- deen mein koi jabar nahi - that’s what teacher was saying that everyone should have a freedom to have a religion or not to have a religion. Did the teacher say wrong? But a terrorist killed him. Very sad.
all such terrorists should be expelled from christian countries . we dont need terrorists whose religion tell them to kill all who differ with them .

Raiwind-Destroyer

Who Was David Hume?
In his own day, his philosophical writings were generally seen as perverse and destructive. He’s since become a hero.
his is quite a reversal of fortune for Hume, who failed in both of his attempts to get an academic job. In his own day, and into the nineteenth century, his philosophical writings were generally seen as perverse and destructive. Their goal was “to produce in the reader a complete distrust in his own faculties,” according to the Encyclopedia Britannica in 1815–1817. The best that could be said for Hume as a philosopher was that he provoked wiser thinkers to refute him in interesting ways

Vitamin_C

He was far ahead of his own time, when Europe was steeped in superstition and Christianity. Even today many intelligent people are duped by the Church believing in falsehood. But Hume was a man who was surrounded by such people but still his brain was powerful enough to see through it, without evolution, without, genetic studies, without idea of big bang or anything else, he was able to deduce just using logic and reasoning that the bible is full of shit and he was right, that's why modern philosophers world over look up to him.

Who Was David Hume?
In his own day, his philosophical writings were generally seen as perverse and destructive. He’s since become a hero.
his is quite a reversal of fortune for Hume, who failed in both of his attempts to get an academic job. In his own day, and into the nineteenth century, his philosophical writings were generally seen as perverse and destructive. Their goal was “to produce in the reader a complete distrust in his own faculties,” according to the Encyclopedia Britannica in 1815–1817. The best that could be said for Hume as a philosopher was that he provoked wiser thinkers to refute him in interesting ways