Q. Why flu and other disease cases dropped during this Pandemic

Truth matters

MPA (400+ posts)
It's really interesting and I would like readers to investigate on their own that why are the numbers of death by flu and other diseases decreasing and by Covid 19 increasing.
Why the media uses the word covid 19 positive but not death by Covid19. This manipulation of words can be understood once you analyse the data. 95% or more patients that died in Italy recently classified as covid 19 positive but had other unline causes some very severe and life threatening.

jaypakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)
THis time i had the worst flue of my life , it lasted for almost a month but i knew it was not covid 19 . For some reason even the flue viruses are getting worst.

disgusted

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
THis time i had the worst flue of my life , it lasted for almost a month but i knew it was not covid 19 . For some reason even the flue viruses are getting worst.
Same here. Two months back I had a nasty bout of flu. I am old and there was some difficulty in breathing. Temp was not very high. Luckily no one else in my house got it? I am still wondering whether it was plain flu or something more nasty.

remykhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Its true that most of flue related and different minor illnesses are decreased by by taking care, due to cvid 19.

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)
What we are told to believe and I am still believing till now that most people are dying as they had another underlying condition and got aggravated by COVID19.
Any other normal diseases are not coming into limelight because people are staying home and not going to hospitals unless it is an emergency.