PM Imran Khan orders probe against state interior minister Shehryar Afridi

Bilal Raza

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has ordered an investigation after reports emerged State Minister for Interior Sheheryar Afridi used government money to renovate and redecorate his new residence, sources told Geo News.

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has been tasked to probe into the allegations.

Afridi was accused of replacing floor tiles, curtains, furniture and carpets after he moved into a house in the ministers’ colony. He also purchased an LCD.

214600_2669643_updates.jpg

Afridi was accused of replacing floor tiles, curtains, furniture and carpets after he moved into a house in the ministers’ colony-Geo News

The purchases allegedly cost millions of rupees and were ordered to be paid by Chief Commissioner Islamabad. The official directed junior employees to carry out the payments out of government funds.

Sources added that the prime minister took notice after media reports emerged about the matter. Additional Director General FIA Basharat Shehzad is carrying out the investigation.

Meanwhile, Afridi in his statement after media reports said that only Rs400,000 were spent on the renovation.

PM Imran intends to take order strict action against the minister if the accusation turns out to be true, sources added.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

asus87

MPA (400+ posts)
Afridi should take them to court for defamation.
I agree if this is fake (which i can say 99% for sure), and AFAIR they created the Twitter account for busting fake news so post there and also apply the cyber crime laws so that It gives clear message to all other media groups not to fabricate such news in future.

saadi038

MPA (400+ posts)
Fake news it’s another media and noon group patwaris who started collecting money on his name. Like you get fake malangs asking money in the name of darbar.

HSiddiqui

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has ordered an investigation after reports emerged State Minister for Interior Sheheryar Afridi used government money to renovate and redecorate his new residence, sources told Geo News.

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has been tasked to probe into the allegations.

Afridi was accused of replacing floor tiles, curtains, furniture and carpets after he moved into a house in the ministers’ colony. He also purchased an LCD.

214600_2669643_updates.jpg

Afridi was accused of replacing floor tiles, curtains, furniture and carpets after he moved into a house in the ministers’ colony-Geo News

The purchases allegedly cost millions of rupees and were ordered to be paid by Chief Commissioner Islamabad. The official directed junior employees to carry out the payments out of government funds.

Sources added that the prime minister took notice after media reports emerged about the matter. Additional Director General FIA Basharat Shehzad is carrying out the investigation.

Meanwhile, Afridi in his statement after media reports said that only Rs400,000 were spent on the renovation.

PM Imran intends to take order strict action against the minister if the accusation turns out to be true, sources added.

Source
First of all this type of a desperate and full of excitement event is not expected by Afridi, If Imran has heard this I hope it is wrong.
And I believe it will be 99% exaggerated by GEO, the famous non reliable media channel, specially when it comes to malign Pakistani establishment, Government or some good people.
AFRIDI IS A NICE, HONEST AND GOD FEARING PERSON, I HOPE HE HASN'T DONE THIS MISTAKE