Hammad Azhar gives explanation on Mobile Registrations & Duties

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lol....Its a voluntary declaration. And I dont remember the last time our godforsaken public ever cared to voluntarily declare anything. Everyone tries to sneak through the green channel with a dozen bags.

Mr. Plato... :)
Voluntarily means do it at the airport or choose to go to a custom house in your city...in any case if you don't register the device, the phone can't be used with a Pakistani SIM. You would have to either use it on roaming with the oversea SIM or keep it at home as a decoration piece. :)

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Cool down ppl, it’s not a bad move actually. Here is a remedy for most of my fellow overseas Pakistanis. If you send your money through banking channels, u are entitled for duty free allowance of 10,000 to 100,00 Rs on your arrival in Pakistan. All u need to have is an FERC. It’s the Foreign Exchange Remittance Card issued by government of Pakistan. U have many more benefits of this card too and it’s free of cost! Here is a link to all these infos: https://opf.org.pk/services/ferc/

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
2 billion dollars worth of mobile phones is a huge amount. Ek bhi technology company ko Pakistan mein mobile phone manufacturing karney mein fail honay k baad.....abh kia ka rrahi hai government? Overseas Pakistanis ko sqeeze. I want to know which other government blocks phones brought in from abroad?

deviliicious

Senator (1k+ posts)
What should I do if I have one work and one personal phone
On a lighter note, Every one if that is the scenario tell your employer that you cannot take work phone to pak so don't bother to call.

Thank you so much for the input I think one roaming and one personal will be OK. Can we create a sticky post and have these suggestions there. This way easy for others to find what can be done in certain cases.

kayawish

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
i dont have to buy any pakistani SIM card.I am using SIPGATE and have a german landline cost free number but mostly i speak on whatsapp for which u only need to be conected with WiFi in pakistan which i have in our house in Pakistan.So i give a shit to that phone registring on airport.

Abdul Baqi

MPA (400+ posts)
Mobile ki value kon declare kre ga ke yeh phone kitney ka hai ?
Like Iphone X pin pack 120000 rs ka hai lekij used phone market mein 75-105000 mein mil jata hai bulke agar rough condition ho to aur bhy cheap mil jata hai
abb kiss amount pe tax pay krna ho ga ?
fixed tax on 1000 dollar phone so 40 percent... no discounts

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hell with you Hammad Azhar....I don't visit Pakistan any more....thank you and no donation and no ££ sending to Pakistan thru bank.....

"""Fire Hammad Azhar, Asad Umer and Fawwad chudhri"""""

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
People are dying for Naya Pakistan and daily abusing Ik and govt its been soooooo long ( 4 months ) why does my pind does not look like Paris yet. And when it comes time to pay tax to fund that naya pakistan. sub ki phatt ke haat mein aagayi.

These taxes are also because of us Pakistanis who abuse the system and everytime they go home they take a bag full of phones to sell or gift them to every one from their phuparrd to the jamadar, or just sell them.

Mobile shop owners have khapias and khanchas set up for people who bring in phones from them and they pay for their ticket

So if our jahil awam was not abusing the system in the first place there woulnt be a need for this in the first place

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
What should I do if I have one work and one personal phone

These are all jokers. They don't know shit bout what they are doing.

They will never collect tax from property sector investors and dealers. But waste time on useless things like few phone coming from OPs.

What a bunch of idiots, Imran Khan hired in his government.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
People are dying for Naya Pakistan and daily abusing Ik and govt its been soooooo long ( 4 months ) why does my pind does not look like Paris yet. And when it comes time to pay tax to fund that naya pakistan. sub ki phatt ke haat mein aagayi.

These taxes are also because of us Pakistanis who abuse the system and everytime they go home they take a bag full of phones to sell or gift them to every one from their phuparrd to the jamadar, or just sell them.

Mobile shop owners have khapias and khanchas set up for people who bring in phones from them and they pay for their ticket

So if our jahil awam was not abusing the system in the first place there woulnt be a need for this in the first place

You are over stating this. What about real estate investors and dealers? Why these clowns are not cracking down on them? Why they never collect tax from tajirs?

I know you are also supporter of PTI but don't defend every stupid thing being done by these clowns. Fact is Imran Khan is only one trustable. Rest are all jokers and idiots wasting time on useless things.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You are over stating this. What about real estate investors and dealers? Why these clowns are not cracking down on them? Why they never collect tax from tajirs?

I know you are also supporter of PTI but don't defend every stupid thing being done by these clowns. Fact is Imran Khan is only one trustable. Rest are all jokers and idiots wasting time on useless things.
First of all I am not a supporter of PTI, I can count the people in PTI who I would trust on my fingers but I do trust Khan.

Like its been repeated many times over, this is just the start ( 4 months ), everyone making income above a certain amount will be brought into the tax net. At first chances will be given voluntarily then by force.

Even today this is what Fawad Ch was saying, anyone making over 200,000 a month is liable to pay taxes but when you ask these tajirs who are running big businesses they say we are making less than 200,000 per month.

So yeah its going to take time to rebuild these broken institutions and get people in the habit of paying taxes.

Its going to get a lot worse before it will starts to get better. Only thing is Pakistanis are overly impatient. These are bitter pills that need to be swallowed and the resulting flak the govt will have to bear but keep on making these difficult decision , even at the expense of popularity. But eventually they will pay off.

Like I said earlier today in another thread it took China 30 years to get where it is now. But in two to 3 years we will start to see change or at least realize we are heading in the right direction.