Australia's Maxwell refuses to shake hands with Sarfraz?

Waseem

Staff member
339262_6615275_updates.jpg

HARARE: The Australian team found itself in the middle of another controversy following the Twenty20 International tri-series final against Pakistan in Harare on Sunday.

Pakistan romped to a six-wicket win over Australia with opener Fakhar Zaman hitting 91 as Pakistan chased down 184.

It was a fine effort from Pakistan in the chase after they lost two wickets in the first over bowled by Aussie all-rounder Glenn Maxwell.

However, Zaman and veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik (43) saw the world No1 team past the finish line.

After the match Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed went in to shake hands with the Aussie players, Maxwell was captured on camera avoiding to meet the Pakistan skipper’s extended hand.

There was no suggestion that it was a deliberate action but many on social media took exception to it.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1015925806701469696
Sports journalist Zainab Abbas also condemned Maxwell's gesture in her tweet:

https://twitter.com/x/status/1015942728964890624

v r imran k

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
IF GLAX MASWELL is good cricketer pakistan team also a good team sarfraz ahmed is also very good cricketer ..he should be hand shake with sarfraz for good gesture but its not necessary to handshake any pakistani oru aussie cricketer they are not bound it they didn't do that mean this act is not reflect as truly sportsman spirit

rmunir

Minister (2k+ posts)
I was watching live, I don't think so he saw sarfraz.
Just making a news
‎ویڈیو میں دونو پاکستانیوں کو نظر انداز کرکے اسنے صرف آسٹریلئین کھلاڑی اور ایمپائر ز سے ہاتھ ملایا۔ کیا دونوں پاکستانی کھلاڑی اسکو نظر نہیں آئے؟

aadil jahangeer

Minister (2k+ posts)
ان آسٹریلینز سالوں کوپتہ نہیں کس بات کا غرور ہے،اس کتے کے بچے نے میچ میں سرفرازاور فخر کو گالیاں بھی دیں تھیں جب انہوں نے اس کی دھلائی کی تھی دوسرےاوور میں۔

pkpatriot

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
‎ویڈیو میں دونو پاکستانیوں کو نظر انداز کرکے اسنے صرف آسٹریلئین کھلاڑی اور ایمپائر ز سے ہاتھ ملایا۔ کیا دونوں پاکستانی کھلاڑی اسکو نظر نہیں آئے؟

I was watching live,
As soon as match was over sarfraz ran in alone without any team member to congratulate his team mates and started shaking hands randomly,
May be they already had shaken....

Generally captain waits, teams lines up and do it, so that nobody miss anyone..

On live show I didn't think it was intentional.

watch the match in last three days programs if u have access...

May be it's intentional, some Australian players.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
یہ کوئی نئی بات نہیں، آسٹریلوی کھلاڑی اس طرح کا تعصب برتنے میں مشہور ہیں. ائی سی سی سے بھی ڈرنے کی ضرورت نہیں یہ حرکت آسٹریلوی کھلاڑی نے کی ہے پاکستانی کھلاڑی نے نہیں

rmunir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Just seen his apology on news. He said he has not done it intentionally. And after the incident he went to Pakistani Dressing room and shook hand with both of them players and congratulate them.

I was watching live,
As soon as match was over sarfraz ran in alone without any team member to congratulate his team mates and started shaking hands randomly,
May be they already had shaken....

Generally captain waits, teams lines up and do it, so that nobody miss anyone..

On live show I didn't think it was intentional.

watch the match in last three days programs if u have access...

May be it's intentional, some Australian players.

chak14

MPA (400+ posts)
This shows how they are narrow-minded people living in the advanced countries. I do see these things everyday. Heart smaller than rats but want to show the world that they are of superior class.