Such content can not be played on western media but All Ok here, Where Is PEMRA?

Paki Thinker

Voter (50+ posts)
Re: Such content can not be played on western media but All Ok here, PEMRA should get up!!!

Atleast media should respect the dignity of relations like father, daughter and small kids. That clip shows that our society and our media has no limits when it comes to moral degradation. Shame!!!

adiprince1

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: Such content can not be played on western media but All Ok here, PEMRA should get up!!!

What the hell is going on.? Media is out of control

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Yes hide your heads in the sand.
Child abuse is a very serious and real issue. All studies show that the majority of perpetrators are closely related to the children and not strangers as we are usually led to believe.

You think this sh*t doesnt happen in real life?

Example: "Man accused of raping daughters, daughter in law"
http://www.thenews.com.pk/print/37414-man-accused-of-raping-daughters-daughter-in-law

Example: "Man rapes daughter and makes his clansman rape his wife"
http://www.dawn.com/news/767288/man-rapes-daughter-ex-wife-2

So keep living in some cocoon of utopian purity al you like. The real world is not the same.

Vertex

MPA (400+ posts)

Such things happen all around us, we simply keep our mouths shut, turn our eyes away and pretend that it never happened. It is good that the media is highlighting such issues. We should encourage and train our children to tell such incidents to their parents instead of feeling ashamed and living the rest of their lives with this burden.

Anonymous Paki

This drama is disgusting but they r hilighting whats happenin in pakistan

tahirmajid

kabhi kabhi society mein aisa hota bhi hay, insaan pe shaitaan qabza kar laita hay, mager ye cheez media pe bilkul nahi dikhani chahiey, is ka negative impact bhi ho sakta hay, kuch aisey log bhi ho saktey hain jin ko shaitan is taraf bahka raha ho, aisey dramey daikhney se un ko shaeh mil sakti hay ya kah lein keh wo shaitan kay shikanjey mein juld aa saktey hain, society ka har such media pe nahi dikhaya ja sakta, media ko ye baat bhi sochni chahiey

Paki Thinker

Voter (50+ posts)

Yes hide your heads in the sand.
Child abuse is a very serious and real issue. All studies show that the majority of perpetrators are closely related to the children and not strangers as we are usually led to believe.

You think this sh*t doesnt happen in real life?

Example: "Man accused of raping daughters, daughter in law"
http://www.thenews.com.pk/print/37414-man-accused-of-raping-daughters-daughter-in-law

Example: "Man rapes daughter and makes his clansman rape his wife"
http://www.dawn.com/news/767288/man-rapes-daughter-ex-wife-2

So keep living in some cocoon of utopian purity al you like. The real world is not the same.

Child abuse is really shameful fact of our society but question is whether media should show how it was happened. For example, rape is another issue and to raise this issue whether media should display each and every move. Secondly what can you achieve with this, younger kid never trust her step father or woman never trust how her second husband treat her kids. Atleast media should create trust and hope in the society. It is not the media to make rules. Our corrupt parliamentarian should make strict laws.
To telecast any act or suggestive act toward child abuse is the biggest crime in western countries. Such clip is also against PEMRA rules 2009. In west, you cannot adopt child or have baby through IVF unless you have gone through police check and child protection test. In australia, you can not have any working connection with children unless you submit your police check. Displaying abuse on media and let viewers decide to ask govt to make laws or complaint pemra is not a wise thing. In response to such clip, if persons wife shake her trust on her kids real father then is this a good outcome???

Paki Thinker

Voter (50+ posts)

Such things happen all around us, we simply keep our mouths shut, turn our eyes away and pretend that it never happened. It is good that the media is highlighting such issues. We should encourage and train our children to tell such incidents to their parents instead of feeling ashamed and living the rest of their lives with this burden.
Bro, if we all know that then what is the point to display on the media. What we did to eliminate this curse? Now we wish media to open this 'burraee' so it can be fixed. In fact by this way, negative results will come out.

awan4ever

Child abuse is really shameful fact of our society but question is whether media should show how it was happened. For example, rape is another issue and to raise this issue whether media should display each and every move. Secondly what can you achieve with this, younger kid never trust her step father or woman never trust how her second husband treat her kids. Atleast media should create trust and hope in the society. It is not the media to make rules. Our corrupt parliamentarian should make strict laws.
To telecast any act or suggestive act toward child abuse is the biggest crime in western countries. Such clip is also against PEMRA rules 2009. In west, you cannot adopt child or have baby through IVF unless you have gone through police check and child protection test. In australia, you can not have any working connection with children unless you submit your police check. Displaying abuse on media and let viewers decide to ask govt to make laws or complaint pemra is not a wise thing. In response to such clip, if persons wife shake her trust on her kids real father then is this a good outcome???

You should watch the Amir Khan show Satyamev Jayate episode on child abuse and how it happens right under the noses of parents because parents do not know the signs and do not know who makes up the majority of abusers.
Why is everything sex related such a taboo? They are not showing it in a glamorous way but in a heart-wrenching and attention seeking way to highlight the issue. No one is showing any "skin" in the scenes. The actors are merely showing how abusers approach their victims and how they psychologically manipulate them to keep everything quiet. Instead if the usual saas-bahu dramas someone has actually done some work on highlighting a real and ugly facet of society. If we can have a thick skin and brush such stuff under the carpet we can certainly keep the same thickness of skin and watch some stuff that might open some eyes.

If you think such dramas can "shake trust" of people in relationships then the government is also right in banning free speech and news media by saying "it shakes trust in rulers". Would you want Mian sb. to enact such a law regarding reporting on corruption?

smartguycool

MPA (400+ posts)

Sultana Siddiqui is approaching for child sex.....shame on our all private tv channels......

Paki Thinker

Voter (50+ posts)

Bro, I dont want to prolong this dialogue but I want to clear my point of view. You think that this evil exist in our society and if it is shown in family drama then no big issue, these things does happen in our society. I do accept but I am talking about one step ahead. Serious issues should be discussed in a serious program in serious environment like amir khan did or other world channels do where lawmaker/responsible are questioned and their actions to counter such evils are discussed. Now question is whether we should show/witness such evils in our entertainment. My answer is,can be under state defined broadcasting limitations/rules/standards depending upon the values and culture and possible reactions. Exposure of evil without immediate eradication, most of the time fires back. For example, suicides is also the biggest issue but to raise this, media can not show suicides in each and every drama. You know what, you see corruption in each and every department of our society no matter he is doctor,engineer,teacher, religious scholars etc. Just you name it you have but still media role should be constructive. Media should not start making dramas and showing negative picture of the society all the time.
As far media role to expose corruption of politicians, honestly speaking it is not helping anymore rather they are making these corrupt and our nation more insensitive. They all are privately owned and can not be run our donations. These are funded in different ways. Look if you have no.of fake pain killers, these cant take your pain away. In Australia/NZ/Uk I didnt see that many channels like we have here. Let me say, only few programs of in no.of our news channels are not biased and among these no one even have courage to tell off corrupt govt person. For us effective media is needed not sold out already.

Vertex

MPA (400+ posts)

Bro, if we all know that then what is the point to display on the media. What we did to eliminate this curse? Now we wish media to open this 'burraee' so it can be fixed. In fact by this way, negative results will come out.

This is how it goes. The first step towards solving an issue is to highlight it, discuss it, break the taboo, accept the fact that we have this problem on our hands. There are many problems in our society that we hide. If you keep turning a blind eye, they would never get solved.

Vertex

MPA (400+ posts)

Bro, I dont want to prolong this dialogue but I want to clear my point of view. You think that this evil exist in our society and if it is shown in family drama then no big issue, these things does happen in our society. I do accept but I am talking about one step ahead. Serious issues should be discussed in a serious program in serious environment like amir khan did or other world channels do where lawmaker/responsible are questioned and their actions to counter such evils are discussed. Now question is whether we should show/witness such evils in our entertainment. My answer is,can be under state defined broadcasting limitations/rules/standards depending upon the values and culture and possible reactions. Exposure of evil without immediate eradication, most of the time fires back. For example, suicides is also the biggest issue but to raise this, media can not show suicides in each and every drama. You know what, you see corruption in each and every department of our society no matter he is doctor,engineer,teacher, religious scholars etc. Just you name it you have but still media role should be constructive. Media should not start making dramas and showing negative picture of the society all the time.
As far media role to expose corruption of politicians, honestly speaking it is not helping anymore rather they are making these corrupt and our nation more insensitive. They all are privately owned and can not be run our donations. These are funded in different ways. Look if you have no.of fake pain killers, these cant take your pain away. In Australia/NZ/Uk I didnt see that many channels like we have here. Let me say, only few programs of in no.of our news channels are not biased and among these no one even have courage to tell off corrupt govt person. For us effective media is needed not sold out already.

I do agree with you that such issues should be discussed on more serious platforms. In my opinion, however, such tv dramas reach out to larger audience and hence are effective in their own right. I do understand what your viewpoint is but I think it is better to highlight such issues every way possible.

Paki Thinker

Voter (50+ posts)

I do agree with you that such issues should be discussed on more serious platforms. In my opinion, however, such tv dramas reach out to larger audience and hence are effective in their own right. I do understand what your viewpoint is but I think it is better to highlight such issues every way possible.
Bother with respect I disagree, such contents in family drama create great deal of embarrassment especially while your are watching with family. In this particular clip, sad thing is that step father has male intentions towards his 7yrs old step daughter who was calling him abba, abba... Regardless such things do happen in our society(might 2% among all crimes), in dramas it represents whole stepfather or even father-daughter relation. You are right, dramas are more effective tool and that is why we need to be very careful while we want to highlight any issue. And that is why broadcasting authority in all over the world set some standards for broadcasting materials. Media just cant/should show everything happening in society/house/bedroom just to make a point. Constructive outcome of the show should always be the key priority of the media, as I believe.