Pakistan's female fighter pilots break down barriers - CNN

A

arshad_lahore

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmXgyANcTi8[/video]

A

abbasiali

We salute our cute brothers and sisters who are serving in our forces.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
---Masha-Allah !! You can't help but Salute them :) Exploring new Horizons :D :D

Salam

What a fine display of courage and Moderan Islam. This is what Pakistani impregnable... Pakistani Rulessss...

Cute, Brave and Loyal.

Regards [imran]

hnuter555

MPA (400+ posts)
Wrong Direction of pakistan

Another display of so called liberal enlightened moderation nation of pakistan ? imp question one should ask ? what is the role defined by quran and sunna for women if it is compatiable with it then i got no problem with it but if it is aganist it then its a disastar waiting to be happen ? imagine 90000 prisioners in 1971 shameful defaet and if u include women in it .Dont u think it make situation a lot more complicated .

can any one tell me besides so called islamic republic of pakistan any country in the whole world even the most liberal democracy usa got any single women fighter pilot in it ? the answer is no bec women are not meant for this role

its only in blind fallwoing of west we are doing this

I know u guys will differ with my views but dont be abusive learn to accept counter arugment and difference of opinion and try to win debate with counter argument

Tuba is the only solution we have other wise we are destined to be destroyed and a country which cant give food to his people and last night 18 people died in karachi the Financial Capital of pakistan queueing up to receive food donnation i wonder why they are concentrating on women fighter pilots unfortuntley our direction is completely wrong [pk flag] [pk flag]

Dear dear.... there's so much contradiction in your comments... at one point you said
"can any one tell me besides so called islamic republic of pakistan any country in the whole world even the most liberal democracy usa got any single women fighter pilot in it ? the answer is no bec women are not meant for this role"

and just one line bellow you said
"its only in blind fallwoing of west we are doing this"

Now tell me if we are following the west in this regard then certainlly the west has women fighter pilots... righttttt... lol

But for your information there are women fighter pilots in the western troops fighting in Afghanistan....

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
proud.pakistani said:
Salam

What a fine display of courage and Moderan Islam. This is what Pakistani impregnable... Pakistani Rulessss...

Cute, Brave and Loyal.

Regards [imran]

Please care to explain the "terminologies" you have used. What U mean by "modern Islam", . Islam had been is and going to be only one and one 'ISLAM", please keep this thing noted for future also. Unfortunately, people like "Akbar", Zia, and Musharraf from DeenayIllahi to "Englightened Moderation"............

Not against ladies working, but the field in question is "tough one" and ladies have so many other fields to excel. Unfortunately, we "Muslims" wish to gain a "soft image" in the eyes of "those" whose own image is "beyond the soft". This "complex syndrome" has deep roots in our way of being? Isnt?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Wrong Direction of pakistan

hnuter555 said:
Another display of so called liberal enlightened moderation nation of pakistan ? imp question one should ask ? what is the role defined by quran and sunna for women if it is compatiable with it then i got no problem with it but if it is aganist it then its a disastar waiting to be happen ? imagine 90000 prisioners in 1971 shameful defaet and if u include women in it .Dont u think it make situation a lot more complicated .

can any one tell me besides so called islamic republic of pakistan any country in the whole world even the most liberal democracy usa got any single women fighter pilot in it ? the answer is no bec women are not meant for this role

its only in blind fallwoing of west we are doing this

I know u guys will differ with my views but dont be abusive learn to accept counter arugment and difference of opinion and try to win debate with counter argument

Tuba is the only solution we have other wise we are destined to be destroyed and a country which cant give food to his people and last night 18 people died in karachi the Financial Capital of pakistan queueing up to receive food donnation i wonder why they are concentrating on women fighter pilots unfortuntley our direction is completely wrong [pk flag] [pk flag]

If your question is nowhere in the world women are pilots in air force then please read the following:

"Over the course of the war, they averaged 33 flying hours a month, and culmulatively flew an estimated 60 million miles. More than 1,000 completed flight training and 38 gave their lives. The WASP motto was "We live in the wind and sand, and our eyes are on the stars."

Their dedication in defending our country blazed the way for later generations to take more active roles in the military, and the Air Force, in particular -- women such as Lt. Jeannie Flynn, a F-15E fighter pilot; Maj. Jackie Parker, an Air National Guard F-16 fighter pilot and graduate of the Air Force Test Pilot School; and Lt. Col. Sue Helms, an Air Force astronaut.

Today, the role of military women is to serve their country in whatever capacity, without artificial barriers based solely on gender. The truth is we can no longer distinguish between women's roles and men's roles in today's Air Force.""

http://www.jrotc.org/women_in_airforce.htm

However, I do not wish to enter into debate religion-wise for the simple reason that "in relgion, either it is or it is not" and one has to be "complete in religion", no pick n choose concept.

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
@ hnuter
Bro. may be u can find some more information in Islamic history , sharing only that I know.

Sahih Bukhari (59:398)
Narrated Tha'laba bin Abi Malik: 'Umar bin Al-Khattab distributed woolen clothes amongst some women of Medina, and a nice woolen garment remained. Some of those who were sitting with him, said, "O chief of the believers! Give it to the daughter of Allah's Apostle who is with you," and by that, they meant Um Kulthum, the daughter of 'Ali. Umar said, "Um Salit has got more right than she." Um Saht was amongst those Ansari women who had given the pledge of allegiance to Allah's Apostle . 'Umar added, "She (i.e. Um Salit) used to carry the filled water skins for us on the day of the battle of Uhud."

Sahih muslim (019:4456)
It has been narrated on the authority of Yazid b. Hurmuz that Najda wrote to Ibn Abbas inquiring of him five things. Ibn Abbas said: If I had not the fear of committing (sin) for concealing the knowledge I would not have written to him. Najda wrote to him saying (after praising the Almighty and invoking blessings on the Prophet): Tell me whether the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) took women to participate with him in Jihad; (if he did), whether he allotted them a regular share from the booty; whether he killed the children of (the enemy in the war how long an orphan would be entitled to consideration as such and for whom the Kbums (fifth part of the booty) was booty. Ibn Abbas wrote to him: You have written asking me whether the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) took women with him to participate in Jihad. He did take them to the battle and sometimes he fought along with them. They would treat the wounded and were given a reward from the booty, but he did not assign any regular share for them. And the of Allah (may peace be upon him) did not kill the children of the enemy, so thou shouldst not kill the children. Also you have written to me asking me when the orphanhood of an orphan comes to an end. By my life, if a man has become bearded but is still incapable of getting his due from others as well u meeting his obligation towards them, (he is yet an orphan to be treated you such), but when he can look after his interests like grown-up people, he is no longer an orphan. And you have written to me inquiring about Khums as to whom it is meant for. (In this connection) we (the kinsmen of the Messenger of Allah) used to say: It is for us, but those people (i. e. Banu Umayya) have denied it to us.

Muslim Women Warriors:

http://verbage.wordpress.com/2009/09/12 ... -mutallib/

http://www.jannah.org/sisters/mwarrior.html

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)
A beacon of hope....

Those guys who think it is not compatible with Islam... please look into the Name "Khawla bint azwar" if you have finding difficulty... This is the link..

http://www.alshindagah.com/mayjun2003/woman.html

Secondly it is a well known fact that women were part of the military campaigns and used to participate as Medics and transportation of water...

as Sis Foqia has already mentioned... so no need to quote the Ahadith for me...

hnuter555

MPA (400+ posts)
unfortunely this is not proven in any way that women are allowed as a first choice to take part in military combact operations ?
secondly what you guys are arguing is women role i am not disbuting that what i am saying if all men died and no one capable of fighting then women can take part but until that need women are not allowed to take role of men
yes they can do nursing medics or signal operations or office based work

but there is no proof in islamic history of women taking part in combat
so i stand by my point that this is only to please our western masters and thats all [pk flag]

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so according to you.... nursing and medics are sitting in the office during the battle?

bilink

Citizen
hnuter555 said:
unfortunely this is not proven in any way that women are allowed as a first choice to take part in military combact operations ?
secondly what you guys are arguing is women role i am not disbuting that what i am saying if all men died and no one capable of fighting then women can take part but until that need women are not allowed to take role of men
yes they can do nursing medics or signal operations or office based work

but there is no proof in islamic history of women taking part in combat
so i stand by my point that this is only to please our western masters and thats all [pk flag]

200% agreed, for those who disagree, I would urge them to read available material from history and religion. Offcourse there is no need for women to come forward and take part in military activities.
Mard-e-Momin kafi nain hain kia dushman kay lia? yeh Pakistani merdon main koe kami hay?
Let women be nazuk, and ghar ke ronaq, na kay bilkul front line per khara kerdia jae!
its like when someone knock the door, do you try to open the door or send your mother or sister to open the door and deal with whoever is there?
until unless you are not home, they can do this! but har kisi kay agay kion khara kerain apni maon bheno ko? why not keep them at safe place?

bilink

Citizen
sagaciouscorpion said:
A beacon of hope....

Those guys who think it is not compatible with Islam... please look into the Name "Khawla bint azwar" if you have finding difficulty... This is the link..

http://www.alshindagah.com/mayjun2003/woman.html

Secondly it is a well known fact that women were part of the military campaigns and used to participate as Medics and transportation of water...

as Sis Foqia has already mentioned... so no need to quote the Ahadith for me...

not to forget the Quantity of Muslims men at that time and limitation with in every aspect of war or military.
Imam Hussain took all the family to KOOFA, but no one came out of the khaima isnt it true?

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)
bilink...

Question is not whether Men are enough or not... Question is that whether the women are allowed or not? as Mr Hunter took that stance...

Obviously the army should comprise of men... But if a female shows intention... and has the ability to get the necessary skills .... she was not barred...from working in the battlefield...

If she knew how to act as a medic... she was in the battlefield...
If she knew how to fight... she was in the battlefield...
If she could transport water... she was in the battle field...

From Syeddena Imam Hussain's example ... nobody came out.. because nobody might not know how to fight...

If Nabi Akram SAW would allow that... Who am I to stop them??????

and secondly... did nobody know what would happen to the women whether they were among the siqaya or medics if the battle is lost?

as our brother gave the example of 1971 prisoners... once you have lost your battle ...enemy wont have mercy on them or us... whether they are among the fighters or civilians...

It would be good if you guys could read some history too... and learn some lessons...