Pakistani Home Appliance Makers Begin Exports to EU and African Countries

Steyn

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
They will most likely compete on price than quality...

That's how third world countries start on the runway to become a powerful economy, like Japan did with it's cheap cars in the 70s and 80s.

Japanese cars had quality not pieces of shit like Pakistani appliances.

Even in Pakistan, everyone prefers to go for imported brands if they can afford it because they're well made and reliable amd worth the money.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
you guys do know that its a Turkish company now right ? and thats what opened the doors to international market. The profits will got to Turkey, Pakistan will just get the Factory maintenance money.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Japanese cars had quality not pieces of shit like Pakistani appliances.

Even in Pakistan, everyone prefers to go for imported brands if they can afford it because they're well made and reliable amd worth the money.

Not true...

Their reputation was not much different than today's cheap products from China.

Steyn

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Not true...

Their reputation was not much different than today's cheap products from China.

Please! Scotty says otherwise and he's the authority on cars.

Top gear made a show testing the reliability of old ass Toyota pickup trucks and they withstood bomb blasts, fire, building collapsed and everything they threw at it.

The reason Japan stood out in the world despite being bombed to pieces is their amazing focus on quality of their products and not taking shortcuts.

Something Pakistanis lack the vision for. We bought a haier fridge for my mother and that thing blew its light bulb within a month!. Whereas the old ass General fridge that my parents had it since my birth 30 years ago is still alive and kicking ass. And the light bulb blew itself a few years back lasted almost three decades.

This is quite sad because in the past, Pakistan was known for quality products. But greed and idk what has happened that every local made product has become total crap.