Over 13 million Swiss francs pledged in donations - Welldone Switzerland

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Over 13 million Swiss francs pledged in donations

The Swiss Solidarity Asia Floods fundraising day on Wednesday 18 August 2010 ended successfully at midnight with 13.035 million Swiss francs pledged in donations. The money will be used for the benefit of victims of the devastating floods in Pakistan and its neighbouring regions. With the 3.1 million francs received before the fundraising day, donations now stand at 16,135,635 francs. Experience shows that the amount of donations received after a fundraising day is even higher than announced.
By: Swiss Solidarity
National Fundraising Day for the flood victims in Pakistan, in Geneva, Switzerland, Keystone

No fewer than 500 volunteers took donations, manning over 100 telephones for 18 hours in Geneva, Bern, Zurich, Basel, Chur and Lugano. Fundraising in German-speaking Switzerland was coordinated in the Radio Studio Bern. Here volunteers taking donations included former Federal Councillor Adolf Ogi, SRG General Director Armin Walpen, Mayor of Bern Alexander Tschppt, actress Heidi Maria Glssner, footballer Stphane Chappuisat and presenter Nik Hartmann. Donations ranged from 1.40 francs from tiny Josphine to a massive 1 million francs from AMAG.
Swiss Solidarity Director Flix Bollmann emphasized that the extent of solidarity shown by the people of Switzerland is a further indication of their trust in Swiss Solidarity and its partner relief organizations: Swiss Solidaritys strength lies in the fact that it works with experienced Swiss aid organizations who can call on a reliable and solid network of local partners from previous cooperation. Swiss Solidarity not only co-finances the relief projects but also monitors them during their entire implementation, ensuring that funds raised go directly and in full to help the people affected, the purpose for which the donations were made. In the affected regions, the donated funds will flow into emergency relief, which eight Swiss Solidarity partner relief organizations have already been supplying for several days. A second phase will involve rebuilding and rehabilitation.

Donations can still be made online or to postal account 10-15 000-6 (endorsed Asia) Swiss Solidarity paying-in slips are placed in every post office.
Registered Postkonto holders have the possibility of donating via their mobile phone (CHF 0.20/SMS): SMS with Asia and amount to short number 363 (example: Asia 50 to 363). PostFinance clients can donate free of charge at postomats: on pressing the key below left (weitere Funktionen) the Swiss Solidarity logo appears on the screen. The donation will be debited directly from the postal account and credited to Swiss Solidarity.

Horseman

Voter (50+ posts)
And not too long ago members on this forum were cursing Switzerland for banning the construction of minarets...
These people value life over cement and bricks my friends...

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
And not too long ago members on this forum were cursing Switzerland for banning the construction of minarets...

And you think thid donation is given by same people who were behind banning minaretes!

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger

(Humanity and faith are different issues, the pashun pujaris can`t understand this difference!!!)

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
(Humanity and faith are different issues, the pashun pujaris can`t understand this difference!!!)

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger

horseman
khabi woh muhawara suna hai

PARAI SHADI MAIN ABDULLAH DEWANA

its between swiss and pakistan and indian bottoms are burning...lol

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

Grove up man....................I don't know when this Indian's Narrow Mentality would be changed.

There is no difference between a "Common Indian Man" & an "Indian Ruler" Mentality, atleast towards Pakistan. All are thinking in the same line all the time. Just go away man & chill.