Is Pakistani media or are we Racist?

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
( PAKISTAN Nay K A L I AANDHI KO SHIKAST DAY DI ) this was the headline on ARY News about Pakistan vs West indies match.

Should we use this kind of language on our media about black people or not ?

We have alot of complains from Australians that they are racist.

I need your opinion.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Is this Racism in Pak Media ?

Kaali Aandhi is a compliment I think

When white people are racist, they think of themselves as superior in every way.

On the other hand, we never think that way. We think of it in beauty sense. Light skinned are better looking, not superior.

You will find all colors of skin in Pakistan.

Have you ever heard anyone saying, mein uss kale se behtar hoon?

Last edited:

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
'**** aandhi' was meant to be a complement I think, though a very thoughtless one. Remember they called Allan Donald 'The White Lightening'? That was a complement. Same thing but should have been avoided.

Of course we Pakistanis are racist! Though not as much as some (not all) white people. We start using racist overtures any time we begin to feel like we are losing an argument. Check this forum, you will find plenty of examples.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
'**** aandhi' was meant to be a complement I think, though a very thoughtless one. Remember they called Allan Donald 'The White Lightening'? That was a complement. Same thing but should have been avoided.

Of course we Pakistanis are racist! Though not as much as some (not all) white people. We start using racist overtures any time we begin to feel like we are losing an argument. Check this forum, you will find plenty of examples.

Please elaborate. HOw are we racist? We are talking about skin color here

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
That above reply was for you. Not only that dont we start blaming a whole race for crimes committed by a few? Also I have seen all over Sindh, people first of all show preference for their own tribesmen or caste, then their own race or lingual group then anyone else left over. All groups, all races do it, im not pointing at one or the other.

Now I am not saying everyone thinks and acts this way but I'm afraid most do

dimmon

( PAKISTAN Nay K A L I AANDHI KO SHIKAST DAY DI ) this was the headline on ARY News about Pakistan vs West indies match.

Should we use this kind of language on our media about black people or not ?

We have alot of complains from Australians that they are racist.

I need your opinion.

We must not use any lousy words. **** Andhi is lousy word. Though I think, it is complement rather disgrace